It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:10 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:00 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Following this dynamic duo, their only chance is beyond description.

http://politicalhumor.about.com/library ... keback.htm

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:50 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

McCain can't even choose people for his campaign who are not liars and otherwise "compromised people" ...how on earth can the American people expect him to do a better job as prez? :?

McCain’s Shocking Discovery

Quote:
if Sen. McCain is consistent in ridding his campaign of such compromised people, he will find himself riding lonesome on the Straight Talk Express. That’s because nearly all of his advisers, fundraisers and top staffers have worked on K Street, starting with his campaign manager, Rick Davis, and his senior adviser and spokesman, Charles Black.

From the beginning, the McCain team has been thoroughly infested with representatives of corporate special interests, from the campaign’s national co-chairs, finance chairs, policy and political directors, and deputies of all descriptions down to the chairman of Young Professionals for McCain, who just happens to lobby for Airbus, the European aviation firm that benefited from the Arizona senator’s long inquest against Boeing.

Perhaps the senator hasn’t been paying attention for the past few decades, for he somehow seems to have surrounded himself with exactly the kind of Washington hustlers he professes to despise. How this happened is a question that McCain must answer for himself. What must be truly impressive to anyone glancing over the résum&ecute;s of Davis and Black, as well as the lesser members of the McCain entourage, is their magnetic attraction for the most questionable clients in the world

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:37 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

[url=http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0608/10919.html]The unhappy warrior
[/url]

It’s not clear that John McCain can contain his temper while battling both Barack Obama and the press.

In a Memorial Day interview with The Associated Press, McCain noted that Obama had not been to Iraq since 2006, and proposed the two go there together. It wasn’t a bad political move, but McCain couldn’t resist twisting the knife.

“I would also seize that opportunity to educate Sen. Obama along the way.” Obama, of course, is some 25 years younger than McCain.

In suburban New Orleans last Tuesday, the same night that Obama finally seized the Democratic nomination, McCain offered a litany of policy differences and made the case that his general election rival had no record to back up his pledge to change Washington. But again, he couldn’t resist a slap, if one delivered with a smile.

“I have a few years on my opponent,” McCain noted, “so I am surprised that a young man has bought in to so many failed ideas.”

Plainly, McCain wants to cast Obama as a naïf who lacks the experience needed to lead the country.

In highlighting one of Obama’s chief vulnerabilities, though, McCain highlights two of his own. While voters may hesitate before turning the White House keys over to a candidate just a few years removed from debating highway speed limits in the Illinois state Senate, experience is a double-edged sword at a time when the overwhelming majority of Americans believe the country is headed in the wrong direction — just ask Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton. What’s more, it’s always dangerous for McCain, who would be the older person ever elected president, to remind voters of his age.

What may be even more perilous for McCain, though, is Obama’s ability to get under his rival’s skin.

After the Illinois senator criticized McCain on the Senate floor for not supporting a Democratic-sponsored veterans’ bill with his usual, if unremarkable, effort to link McCain and Bush, the Arizonan responded with an eight-paragraph howitzer blast of a statement.

Suggesting that he had taken personal offense to Obama’s criticism, McCain got to the heart of the matter: “And I will not accept from Sen. Obama, who did not feel it was his responsibility to serve our country in uniform, any lectures on my regard for those who did.”

Quote:
John McCain wants the red button bad. But he's unfit to be president.

Washington Post:

If McCain is truly a serious contender for the presidency, it is time the rest of the nation learned about the John McCain we know in Arizona. There is also reason to seriously question whether he has the temperament, and the political approach and skills, we want in the next president of the United States."

Newsweek:

McCain's furious temper anger and quick temper are a lifelong character flaw, according to Newsweek: "As an angry toddler, he would hold his breath until he passed out (his parents' cure was to drop him fully clothed into a bathtub of icy water)."

Congressional Record:

In 2006, the Arizona Republican congressional delegation had a strategy meeting. McCain repeatedly addressed two new members, congressmen Trent Franks and Rick Renzi, as 'boy.' Finally, Renzi, a former college linebacker, rose from his chair and said to McCain, "You call me that one more time and I'll kick your old ass." McCain lunged at Renzi, punches were thrown, and the two had to be physically separated.

Reality-denier McCain will tell you to this day that the incident never took place.

The Real McCain:

Three reporters from Arizona, on the condition of anonymity, also let me in on another incident involving McCain's intemperateness. In his 1992 Senate bid, McCain was joined on the campaign trail by his wife, Cindy, as well as campaign aide Doug Cole and consultant Wes Gullett. At one point, Cindy playfully twirled McCain's hair and said, 'You're getting a little thin up there.' McCain's face reddened, and he responded, 'At least I don't plaster on the makeup like a trollop, you c***.' McCain's excuse was that it had been a long day. If elected president of the United States, McCain would have many long days.

Barack Obama:

" . . . there isn't anybody in the Senate today who hasn't seen McCain lose his temper."

Bob Smith (R-NH):

"His temper would place this country at risk in international affairs, and the world perhaps in danger. In my mind, it should disqualify him."

Thad Cochran (R-MS):

"The thought of his being president sends a cold chill down my spine," Cochran said about McCain by phone. "He is erratic. He is hotheaded. He loses his temper and he worries me."

John McCain:

Over the years, no one has written more intimately about McCain's outbursts than McCain himself. "My temper has often been both a matter of public speculation and personal concern," he wrote in a 2002 memoir. "I have a temper, to state the obvious, which I have tried to control with varying degrees of success because it does not always serve my interest or the public's."

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:14 am 

John McCain gets tax-free disability pension

Quote:

The disclosure of the Navy benefit for injuries incurred as a Vietnam POW may raise fitness questions.

Sen. John McCain has long said he is in robust health and is strong enough to hike the Grand Canyon, but he also is receiving what his staff Monday termed a "disability pension" from the Navy.

When McCain released his tax return for 2007 on Friday, he separately disclosed that he received a pension of $58,358 that was not listed as income on his return.
. . . .

I find this especially egregious since McCain recently voted against the New GI Bill saying, "it costs too much." The slimy SOB has his; so other Vets can screw off.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:37 am 

How come it is tax free? My sister was in the coast guard and ultimately had to retire because of a serious heart condition...she gets disability retirement (a hefty $350 or so a month) and it IS taxed. Explain anyone who understand this difference, please?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:06 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

This country is run by:
1) Israel
2) Rockefeller/Wall Street
3) Defense contractors

They all want a warmonger, like Bush, to erase the Muslim countries who refuse to join Rockefellers globalist plan.

Meet you next president.....McSame.

Don't blame me....I'm trying to move to Alaska. The only US region still offering freedom.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:09 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

What a complete hypocrite McCain is! I HOPE, HOPE, HOPE this information will haunt him throughout the campaign months as he tries to explain to military men and women why he voted against them when he himself is still reaping the benefits of his military service. (AND I've always been skeptical about McCain's war experiences, anyway.)

Quote:
Certain types of military and veterans pensions are either partially or completely tax-exempt, depending on the seriousness of the disability. In McCain's case, the exemption is 100%.

McCain spent 5 1/2 years as a prisoner of war in Hanoi. After he was released in 1973, he returned home on crutches and began a painful physical rehabilitation. He later regained flight status and commanded a Navy squadron before retiring from the service in 1981.

McCain would be the oldest man to enter the White House if he is elected president, and questions have been raised about his health.

McCain has twice developed melanoma, a potentially deadly form of skin cancer.

The fact that he is legally designated with a disability pension may raise further questions.

"It is a legitimate question to ask about the commander in chief: Is he fit to serve," said Robert Schriebman, a senior Pentagon tax advisor and tax attorney who recently retired as a judge advocate for a unit of the California National Guard.

If McCain can hike across the Grand Canyon, then why should he be getting disability payments from the government that are tax-exempt, Schriebman asked.

McCain shattered his knee and broke both arms when he was shot down over North Vietnam in 1967.

In his autobiographies, McCain said that his knee still bothered him in cold weather and that he was unable to raise his hands above his shoulders.

Elmo Baker, a retired colonel and president of a Vietnam War POW group, said many former POWs were receiving some type of military pension that was partly or fully tax-free.

Baker said he was receiving payments that were 70% tax-free, but that he "didn't have as many injuries as McCain did."

Many of the Vietnam POWs are receiving payment under a program known as "combat-related special compensation," which provides benefits and tax exemptions under a complex system, based on such factors as the type of injury and the years of service.

Paul Galanti, another former POW in the group, said that while McCain's injuries were serious enough to qualify him for disability, it would not affect his performance as president

Bullshit..we've had eight long years with a president who is mentally disabled. Spare us from at least four more of McSame's problems. Along with his temper, he's very bad news.

(Quote is from APL's link.)

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:33 pm 

It is impossible to repeat this picture often enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:42 pm 

What I find especially frustrating is the double dipping nature of this disability payment. If one is receiving disability payments from Social Security part of qualifying for such payments is how much other income one is receiving. If McWar's disability payments were Social Security, the benefits would have been reduced to zero because his salary as a Senator would be too high. Additionally, Cindy McSame's income and wealth would be a factor. There can be little doubt that this has occurred because McWar's daddy was a four-star admiral in the Navy. While not born with a silver spoon in his mouth, he effectively screwed and married his way into having one. I hope he is insane enough to try the elitist card against Obama because when comparing the two, McWar will come out the most elitist of all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:29 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

[url=http://www.americablog.com/2008/06/why-is-mccain-getting-58000-year-in.html]
Why is McCain getting $58,000 a year in disability income?
[/url]

Comments from a member of America Blog:

Quote:
First off, I find it fascinating that John McCain, who is refusing to vote for the GI Bill for our troops because "it's too generous," is himself getting $58,000 a year, tax-free, from the US government for his military service. Had McCain been getting that amount every year since Vietnam, that would total $2,000,000 for the man who isn't into overgenerous government. I just find that interesting.

His staff responded with the classic "he was tortured for his country." Yeah, we get it. The torture card. It's to McCain what 9/11 was to Giuliani's candidacy - the never-ending name-drop. Though what McCain's staff actually said was downright, um, we're being nice to Clinton now, so I won't say Clintonian. Here's the quote:
McCain campaign strategist Mark Salter said Monday night that McCain was technically disabled. "Tortured for his country -- that is how he acquired his disability," Salter said.
Technically? What does that mean? Usually, it means that under the strict reading of the law, you're covered, but in fact it's kind of a nudge-nudge-wink-wink situation - that's what "technically" means. It's called parsing, which is something you do to "technically" claim something is true, when on its face it really isn't. So is McCain "technically" disabled, and taking $58,000 a year tax free from the government, or is he actually disabled? I would imagine there are other solders who are actually disabled who could use the money. And if he is actually disabled, just how disabled is he?

I think our troops should only get the best, and we've beaten up the administration a lot for leaving our injured troops and vets in the lurch. But I also remember from those articles how hard it is for our current injured troops to get the health care they need (the military is actually refusing to diagnose PTSD in order to save money on benefits!). I'm just not sure that the McCains, who own "eight or nine houses," should be getting $58k a year tax-free from the government for a "technical" disability when others who don't have families worth a gazillion dollars could use that support a lot more. The median household income in the US in 2006 was $48,201. I know vets who have done well for themselves in the workplace and, as a result, refuse to take any federal medical benefits. They feel it would simply be wrong to take what amounts to federal welfare when they're rich.

I mean, the man built his own lake to go fishing at one of his 8 or 9 houses. Yes, he served his country. But something is wrong when we're paying millionaires $58,000 a year, especially when those same millionaires complaine that we were being "overly-generous" to our troops currently fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan. At the very least, it's terribly hypocritical.

PS Let's not forget that the Republicans decided that the last election should be about whether a Vietnam war hero, who was awarded the Purple Heart, really was injured enough to get those medals. Imagine what the Republicans would have done had the Democratic candidate been profiting to the tune of $58,000 a year from the feds for a "disability" that didn't stop him from staying in the military another eight years, where he took over the command of a training squadron, and which didn't stop him from later getting elected to the US Congress for 26 years. Yes, you can be disabled and do all that, but again, imagine had the Democratic candidate had the vigor of John McCain, while claiming to be disabled to the tune of $58k a year. They'd eviscerate us. And they did, when the candidate was John Kerry.

A Second PS: Imagine had the Democratic candidate served in Vietnam, been captured, and then made propaganda videos for the enemy while claiming all the while to be a hero. That's a story for another day, but just imagine had our candidate run on his war record, and used his captivity to justify $58,000 a year in benefits, when during such captivity he made propaganda videos for the enemy. I have a feeling our guy would be laughed out of the race

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:33 am 

Meet John McCain’s wife — no, not that one

Quote:

. . . .
Ross Perot, who paid for Carol’s medical care and introduced the McCains to Ronald and Nancy Reagan, said, “McCain is the classic opportunist. He’s always reaching for attention and glory.” Perot added, “After he came home, Carol walked with a limp. So he threw her over for a poster girl with big money from Arizona. And the rest is history.”

Ouch.

Now, I should clarify that as far as I’m concerned, McCain’s marital difficulties and adultery aren’t especially significant in this campaign, especially years later. I’m inclined to see a distinction made between public and private worlds. I defended Bill Clinton, and said his personal controversies had no bearing on his ability to be a good candidate and a good president, so I can’t very well turn around and say the opposite about McCain, no matter how badly he treated his first wife.

But therein lies the point: if Clinton’s personal history was a matter of tremendous national significance as a candidate and as a president, then it’s not unreasonable to wonder why McCain isn’t subjected to the same scrutiny. I’d prefer both issues are off the table, but I’m hard pressed to imagine why only Democratic presidential candidates’ personal lives are of interest in the context of a national campaign.
. . . .

I would think the first wife would be entitled to some of that disability money that McSame receives.

It is impossible to repeat this picture often enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:09 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

John McCain's judgment and experience that only comes with age:

"There's not a history of clashes that are violent between Sunnis and Shiahs. So I think they can probably get along." [MSNBC, 4/23/03]

" I believe that the success will be fairly easy." [CNN, 9/24/02]

"We're not going to get into house-to-house fighting in Baghdad. " [CNN, 9/29/02]

"But the point is that, one, we will win this conflict. We will win it easily." [MSNBC, 1/22/03]

"But I believe that the Iraqi people will greet us as liberators." [NBC, 3/20/03]

"It's clear that the end is very much in sight." [ABC, 4/9/03]

"This is a mission accomplished.." [This Week, ABC, 12/14/03]

Want to repeat the last 8 catastrophic eight years? Vote McSame

LINK

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:47 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

John McCain’s Chilling Project for America

By Elliot Cohen

John McCain has long been a major player in a radical militaristic group driven by an ideology of global expansionism and dominance attained through perpetual, pre-emptive, unilateral, multiple wars. The credo of this group is “the end justifies the means,” and the end of establishing the United States as the world’s sole superpower justifies, in its estimation, anything from military control over the information on the Internet to the use of genocidal biological weapons. Over its two terms, the George W. Bush administration has planted the seeds for this geopolitical master plan, and now appears to be counting on the McCain administration, if one comes to power, to nurture it.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:17 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Santa Barbara fumes over McCain drilling plan

John McCain came to California promoting an array of ideas to spur the market for clean cars and otherwise reduce carbon emissions.

But in this coastal city, the site of a disastrous oil spill in 1969, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee was dogged by critics at nearly every turn for his recent embrace of offshore drilling.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Re: WHY JOHN MCCAIN SHOULD NOT BECOME THE NEXT POTUS!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:29 am 

I thought it appropriate to repeat the original post again, reminding us all just what a corrupt SOB (Senile Old Bastard) McWarSameBush is.

A Proud Liberal wrote:
The True Measure of John McCain's Corruption AND WHY HE SHOULD NOT BECOME THE NEXT PRESIDENT!

. . . . . .

Quote:

This scandal should be hung around McCain’s neck. There is no way we should let him get away with bragging about doing the dirty work to minimize the impact of the scandal on George W. Bush’s 2004 race and to keep most of his caucus out of a well deserved jail cell.

John McCain is intensely corrupt.

He is especially unfit to be President of the United States of America.

I just thought I would pass that along.

Very long and detailed article on just why John McCain should never be allowed to be President. His only 'straight shooting' is in cover-up efforts.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next