It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:34 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Paul urges voters to back third party candidates. Do It !!!!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:16 pm 

Ron Paul, the Libertarian-leaning Congressman and former Republican presidential candidate who has attracted has a small but passionate following, today said he would not be endorsing John McCain for president.

According to the Associated Press, Paul said today that former McCain advisor Phil Gramm called Paul and encouraged him to back the Arizona senator. Paul refused.

Instead, Paul urged voters to back a third party candidate such as Cynthia McKinney, Bob Barr, Ralph Nader or Chuck Baldwin, all of whom appeared with Paul today. Paul supports these candidates because he believes they agree with him on what he considers to be four key issues: balancing budgets, bringing troops home, protecting personal liberties and investigating the Federal Reserve.

"The two parties and their candidates have no real disagreements on foreign policy, monetary policy, privacy issues, or the welfare state," Paul said, according to his prepared remarks. He added that the time has come to recognize that "the only way not to waste one’s vote is to reject the two establishment candidates and join the majority, once called silent, and allow the voices of the people to be heard."

"At a time when 60% of the American people are dissatisfied with their presidential choices, this could be the year that third party option bring in a big chunk of the vote," Paul spokesman Jesse Benton said in an email to CBS News. "That would really be something!"

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/09...y4436260.shtml

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:21 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

What? No vote for the Federal Reserve/CFR or the neocons? Not backing more police state and foreign invasions?

I hear his message loud and clear.

Personally, I think this country is well beyond salvation at this point. I wanted to end my life but my mom said she would do the same if I chose that path. She has also lost her will to live, as my father did a couple years ago. That would destroy what is left of the family. So I will suck it up and endure the agony of watching the wretched corpse continue its wayward plunder.

This is going to suck the big one. :evil:

Ain't nothing good going on except for the super rich becoming super richer.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:01 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hey...you have TV NEWS LIES and all your good friends at this board. I know we're not exactly rays of sunshine, but we're still sitting here with you in the moonlight! :wink: :D :P :wink:

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman