It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:44 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CBS FIGURED IT ALL OUT.....LITTLE BITS OF EXPOSURE!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:23 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

CBS FIGURED IT ALL OUT, FOLKS. WAS IT CALCULATED? DID THEY DELIBERATELY SET OUT TO EXPOSE SARAH PALIN FOR THE BIMBO SHE REALLY IS? OR WAS IT THEIR INTENTION TO SIMPLY GIVE KATIE COURIC A STAGE UPON WHICH TO REDEEM HER FALTERING RATINGS AS THE CBS NEWS ANCHOR?

CONSIDER:

1. HERE COMES SARAH PALIN AS JOHN MCCAIN'S VP PICK. EVERYONE WANTS TO KNOW ABOUT HER...SHE'S AN UNKNOWN, SHE'S REVIVED A RATHER DISMAL REPUBLICAN CAMPAIGN, SHE'S A WOMAN...AND SHE'S A RIGHTWING EXTREMIST! WOO-WOO!

2. OVER THERE SITS KATIE COURIC. SHE'S NOT BEEN THE HIT OF THE PARTY AS THE CBS NEWS ANCHOR, BUT THERE'S ONE THING KATIE KNOWS HOW TO DO AND THAT'S INTERVIEW INDIVIDUALS, ESPECIALLY OTHER WOMEN. HMMMMMMMM.....

3. SO, CBS WAITS UNTIL PALIN HAS GOTTEN TWO OTHER INTERVIEWS DONE. THEY'RE BOTH DISASTERS, EVEN WITH THE POWDER PUFF INTERVIEW DONE BY FAUX NEWS. PALIN'S OBVIOUSLY A BIMBO BUT SHE'S ATTRACTIVE AND CORNY....JUST THE STUFF TO HAVE THE MALE (AND SOME FEMALE) WINGERS DROOLING THEIR TOBACCO AND SNUFF JUICE INTO THEIR BEERS AT THE ALL NIGHT DINERS AND POOL HALLS. SHE'S GOT FIVE...COUNT THEM...FIVE KIDS, ONE IS PREGNANT (HEY, SHE'S JUST LIKE US, JED!) AND THE LAST ONE IS DOWN'S SYNDROME! WOO-WOO! YES INDEED, NOW...THERE'S A LITTLE WOMAN TO BE PROUD OF...YUM-YUM!

4. WAIT A MINUTE...WE CAN REALLY SQUEEZE THIS FOR ALL ITS WORTH. LET'S NOT SHOW THE ENTIRE INTERVIEW ALL AT ONCE! LET'S SEE WHAT HAPPENS AND IF IT'S GOOD, WE'LL AIR IT IN SEGMENTS. THAT'LL KEEP THOSE MORONS PANTING AS THEY SCRAMBLE TO FIND THE REMOTE AND HIT THE CBS NEWS BUTTON TO SEE WHAT SARAH PALIN IS SAYING TONIGHT. IT'LL BE A COUP FOR CBS AND KATIE COURIC...WOO-WOO!

5. CBS AND KATIE SEE IT! SARAH PALIN IS A DUMBASS! SHE CAN'T ANSWER A SIMPLE QUESTION ASKED BY KATIE! SHE'S NOT GOT A CLUE AS TO ANY SUPREME COURT CASE. SHE'S NOT GOT A CLUE ABOUT WHAT SHE READS IN "ALL THOSE NEWSPAPERS." (CAN SHE READ?

6. WOW! CBS HAS DONE WHAT THE OTHER STATIONS DIDN'T THINK TO DO...THEY SPREAD OUT PALIN'S "NORTHERN" EXPOSURE AND REVEALED THAT BEHIND THAT CUTSY-POO SMILE AND THE CORNY DRAWL, AND THE HOCKEY (OR WAS IT SOCCOR?) MOM IMAGE, THERE'S A REALLY STUPID PERSON...AND A VERY DANGEROUS ONE WHO IS THIRSTY FOR POWER AND WANTS TO BE VP ALMOST AS MUCH AS JOHN MCCAIN WANTS TO BE PRESIDENT!

5. PUTTING THOSE INTERVIEWS INTO THE PUBLIC DOMAIN LITTLE BY LITTLE REVEALED ALL WE NEEDED/WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT SARAH PALIN...IF WE TRULY LOVE OUR COUNTRY AND WANT TO GET IT BACK ON THE RIGHT TRACK. DON'T VOTE FOR THE MCCAIN-PALIN TICKET UNLESS YOU WANT ANOTHER BUSH AT THE HELM....ANOTHER BUSH THAT MAKES THE SECOND ONE LOOK LIKE A RHODES SCHOLAR!

6. CBS FIGURED OUT THAT THE AMERICAN PUBLIC BETTER ABSORBS POLITICAL INFORMATION IN SMALL DOSES, JUST LIKE THE PHONE NUMBERS AND ZIP CODES AND SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS ARE PUT INTO GROUPS OF 3-5 NUMBERS. OTHERWISE, WE'D FORGET THEM!

7.OUTCOME: CBS ALLOWS THE AMERICAN VIEWING AUDIENCE TO DIGEST PALIN LITTLE BY LITTLE. THEY FOUND HER NOT SO TASTY AS AT FIRST PERCEIVED! AND THEY REVEALED THE MONSTER UNDERNEATH THAT JUNE CLEAVOR VENEER!

THANK YOU CBS FOR MAKING A DECISION THAT HAS TURNED OUT TO BE A NATIONAL FAVOR FOR THE VOTING PUBLIC.

THANKS TO YOU, SARAH PALIN HAS BEEN TAKEN DOWN A NOTCH OR TWO, AND RIGHTFULLY SO. SHE'S NOT QUITE SO POPULAR NOW THAT WE ALL KNOW HOW DUMB SHE IS, HOW RUDE SHE IS, HOW DISRESPECTFU;. HOW COLD, AND HOW HEARTLESS SHE REALLY IS, AND HOW SHE'S JUST A MOUTHPIECE FOR THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION...AS IS JOHN MCCAIN. KATIE HAS GOTTEN SOME POSITIVE REVIEWS, TOO.

NOW, CAN WE ALL SAY TOGETHER: SARAH PALIN IS A BIMBO AND WE DON'T WANT SARAH PALIN AS OUR VP AND WE DON'T WANT JOHN MCCAIN AS OUR PRESIDENT! WOO-WOO!

If I've gotten anything wrong in this little essay, please correct me...and I won't even get mad at you and run off and eat worms! :P

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:01 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I think it's the other way way around. Palin was mocking the media. All of them. LOL. She is not a dummy and was proving in the long run that they were for trying to screw with her. BTW she does not like the media. I should know she is the Gov of my State. I've been watching her on TV for years.
She was just screwing with the east coast press. But how would you know that ?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:13 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Then please take her back to your state and keep her, TUT. Alaska is the best place for her....permanently!

NBC: 5 of 7 have less favorable view of Palin after debate

Quote:
The challenge for any presidential campaign a month before the election is to win over the remaining undecided voters. Going by the reactions of a group of seven uncommitted female voters from swing states interviewed by NBC News following Thursday night's vice-presidential debate, Sarah Palin fell far short of achieving that goal.

Only two of the women were willing to say they had been favorably impressed by Palin's performance, while the other five indicated they were disappointed or had come away with a less favorable opinion. In contrast, all seven hands went up when they were asked who now had a more favorable view of Joe Biden.

Five of the women had voted for George Bush in 2004, one for John Kerry, and one was a first-time voter.

One of the two women with an improved view of Palin felt she had displayed a real grasp of the issues, saying, "Tonight I saw her come back in force a couple of times, and that impressed me."

The other one of the two noted that "she just seems like somebody that I could sit across the table from and just have this great conversation with. I mean, she's feisty.and I like that." However, even that woman, when asked for a pivotal moment in the debate, stated, "Biden said they would end the war and she said they would not. That's pivotal for me."

Of the women who said they had come away with a less favorable view of Palin, one pointed out, "She avoided questions. ... I really do not feel that she's ready to lead this country."

Another, who was emphatic that "I wanted her to do well," similarly concluded, "She has sealed the deal for me. She is in no way ready to be the vice president -- potential president -- of the United States."

A CBS poll of 473 uncommitted voters produced equivalent, if less dramatic, results. In an incomplete tally on Thursday night, 46 percent said Biden had won the debate -- compared to 21% who thought Palin had won -- and 18% said they were now committed to the Obama-Biden ticket.

In a CNN poll of voters in general, not only did Biden outscore Palin by 51% to 36%, but almost half of those who felt Palin had exceeded expectations still believed she was not qualified to be president.

This video is from NBC's Today Show, broadcast October 3, 2008.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:51 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Who better than Katie Couric, who seemed to let Bush connected officials off the hook during her interviews with them.

Couric must not have been intimidated by Palin, like she probably was with BushCo.

But props to Couric for asking those tough questions (well easy for everyone else) and actually catching Palin off guard.

I haven't used this screen name elsewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:43 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I'm not sure whether Alaska wants her back ! :lol: :lol: :lol: Although they are kind of clannish up here. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:23 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, how about Wasila? She can be mayor again...or don't they want her back, either? :wink:

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:31 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Sure they'll take her back, they're still covering for her on the book banning thing.

I seem to recall that Couric asked Palin what newspaper or magazine she reads to keep herself abreast of current affairs. Palin couldn't name one. But after being later prepped on what to say, Fox allowed her a redo on that question and she came up with -- The Economist, which is supposed to be one of those safe, intellectually appearing answers.

Wonder if she reads the articles about her in that mag? Like the one that says:
Quote:
The Palin appointment is yet more proof of the way that abortion still distorts American politics. This is as true on the left as on the right. But the Republicans seem to have gone furthest in subordinating considerations of competence and merit to pro-life purity. One of the biggest problems with the Bush administration is that it appointed so many incompetents because they were sound on Roe v Wade. Mrs Palin’s elevation suggests that, far from breaking with Mr Bush, Mr McCain is repeating his mistakes.

Or this:
Quote:
One thing is for sure, though: the notion that the media has barraged Mrs Palin with "sexist attacks," as Carly Fiorina put it today, is as big of a stretch as the idea that a refueling stop in Ireland counts as experience in foreign affairs. Yes, the press is paying a lot of attention to her family, but that's to be expected when a candidate sells her family life as a major point in her favour. (Quick—how many kids does John McCain have?) And scandal, as we saw with the John Edwards love-child story, is an equal-opportunity headache.

As for the questions about Mrs Palin's experience and preparedness, they're wholly legitimate and don't have anything to do with her gender.

Or this on Alaska's economy:
Quote:
So Alaska’s growth streak, now in its 21st year, is unlikely to break soon. But the good times obscure a big weakness. The state government has become dependent on revenues from oil, which are likely to decline as the major fields dry up. Rescue may come in the form of a huge pipeline that would run from a natural-gas field in northern Alaska to Canada. It may not be built; even if it is, the gas will not start flowing for at least a decade. Alaskans will be hoping a Vice-President Palin can move things along a little quicker.

Or this one on what a Palin VP could mean:
Quote:
But the risks of choosing such an unknown quantity are enormous. An important aspect in selecting a vice-president is to reassure the electorate that should anything happen to the man in the Oval Office there is a competent and trustworthy stand-in ready to take over. John McCain’s age (he is 72) is an underlying factor with voters. Although Ms Palin’s youthfulness, she is 44, is an eye-catching contrast to the top of the ticket, questions will be raised about her ability to run the country if Mr McCain should ever be incapacitated.

And the tenures of both Al Gore and Dick Cheney as vice-president have raised the profile of the office. Vice-presidents were once expected to be solid and reliable but mostly boring. Messrs Gore and Cheney took on policy portfolios, such as government reform or preparing for war with Iraq. Barack Obama’s pick of Joe Biden for the role now seems all the more wise.

By choosing the governor of Alaska as his running mate, Mr McCain also turns the spotlight on the state’s politics, which is currently entangled in corruption scandals. Ted Stevens, the longest-serving Republican senator ever, faces corruption charges in relation to building work on his home. Other state officials are under investigation in separate cases. And Alaskans are going through a period of introspection about politics and energy interests, on which the state has thrived.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:50 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

This article examines the Economist article that Palin should be reading about McCain's economic plans.

The Economist article Sarah Palin probably won't read

Quote:
The detailed responses are bad news for Mr McCain (the full data are available here). Eighty per cent of respondents and no fewer than 71% of those who do not cleave to either main party say Mr Obama has a better grasp of economics.

Dontchaknow?

Oh and, she should add a few books to her reading list.

Conservatives On Palin: She Should ‘Read A Few More Books'
Quote:
As The Progress Report documented on Friday, Palin’s lack of knowledge was also on display during last Thursday’s vice presidential debate. Palin’s repeated false claims and revealing misstatements have several prominent members of the conservative establishment worried. On this morning’s political talk shows, they voiced their concerns:

– David Brooks on CBS’s Face the Nation: “I don’t think she’s qualified to be President… I prefer someone who’s read a few more books.”

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:22 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You can't be like George W. Bush and read the printed word...except for the Bible, of course...betcha didn't know that..ALSO, YOU KNOW, DOGGONE IT!

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman