It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:05 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: BIDEN BLASTS PALIN'S "PRO-AMERICA" REMARK
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:17 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Biden Blasts Palin’s ‘Pro-America’ Remark

Which parts of the U.S. are the most “pro-America”? Sarah Palin commented on Thursday night in Greensboro, N.C. that the “real America” and the “best of America” can be found in the country’s small towns. It may not be surprising that, by Friday, her Democratic vice presidential rival Joe Biden had picked up on that remark.

“We believe that the best of America is in the small towns that we get to visit, and in the wonderful little pockets of what I call the real America, being here with all of you hard-working, very patriotic, very pro-America areas of this great nation,” she said.

“This is where we find the kindness and the goodness and the courage of everyday Americans,” Palin added.

(Well...I guess she no longer wants Alaska to secede from "this great nation..." Too bad...I am hoping that she will be back in Alaska in about two weeks...for good. :evil: )

At a rally in Mesilla, New Mexico, on Friday, Biden responded to those comments in a vociferous tone.

“I hope it was just a slip on her part and she doesn’t really mean it. But she said, it was reported she said, that she likes to visit, ‘pro-American’ parts of the country,” he said to loud boos.

“It doesn’t matter where you live, we all love this country, and I hope it gets through. We all love this country,” he said. “We are one nation, under God, indivisible. We are all patriotic. We all love our country in every part of this nation! And I’m tired. I am tired, tired, tired, tired of the implications about patriotism.”

Biden's too nice...Palin has been making deliberate "slips" since McCain's irresponsible choice to make her his running mate.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman