It is currently Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:05 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Palin: McCain Will Support Far-Right Positions if Elected
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:03 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) has come out against a federal ban on gay marriage. However, Palin yesterday reassured James Dobson that McCain has privately said that he will support far-right positions if he is elected president.

Palin: McCain Supports GOP Abortion, Stem Cell Platform Planks

Quote:
Dr. James Dobson today asked Gov. Sarah Palin about her private conversations with Sen. McCain about the Republican platform's planks on life and marriage.

"In your private conversations with Senator McCain is it your impression that he also strongly supports those views? I know that he did not oppose that platform when it was written. Do you think he will implement it?"

Good question. A lot of social conservatives worry about this.

Governor Palin responded: "I do, from the bottom of my heart. I am such a strong believer that McCain believes in those strong planks and we do have good conversations about some of the details too, about the different planks and what they represent."

The 2008 GOP platform is a bit more conservative than it was in 2004. If McCain is going to implement it - something of which Palin is convinced from the bottom of her heart - then that means that McCain will support a constitutional amendment to ban all abortion (including those cases where the mother was raped or was the victim of incest), a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage, and he will oppose government-sponsored embryonic stem cell research.

Either Palin trying to mislead Dobson, equivocate, or perhaps he doesn't know what her running mate believes. McCain opposes a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage.... He supports embryonic stem cell research...he opposes a constitutional amendment banning all abortion. Read the platform for yourself: On abortion... on gay marriage... on stem cells..

Scary stuff...read more at the link...and hope, hope, hope that McCain LOSES this election!

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman