It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:42 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Obama/McWar in Dead Heat in Arizona
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:54 am 

I got the following letter in my Email. I reproduce it in its entirety since there was no link to a copy. When Goldwater ran in 1964, he won Arizona and the Deep South. Since then the number of US Representatives has gone from 3 to 8, doubling the state's electoral vote count from 5 to 10. In 1964, the split was a constant 2-1, Repug-Dem. Currently the House seats are split 4-4, Dem-Repug. Rick Renzi isn't running again and it looks like the split may be as great as 6-2 Dem-Repug after the election. Neither US Senate seat is up for reelection. The strategy of putting another anti gay marriage initiative on the ballot seems to be getting threadbare. There appears to be a good chance that Obama could win the state which is McWar's home state, showing just how bad things are for him in the election.

Quote:
Dear Democratic Voter,

I just received the exciting results of a new Arizona poll, and I had to share it with you right away! Barack Obama is within striking distance - two percentage points - of defeating Senator McCain in his home state!

The race is a statistical dead heat 44% for Barack Obama to 46% for John McCain - which is a significant improvement for the Democratic ticket over the last several weeks - in August we were down by ten points, by late September we were down by seven.

This is great news, but only if we act now. We have just one week to deliver Barack Obama a win in Arizona, and we need your help today.

In order to make the best use of this information, we need to reach out to the small percentage of remaining undecided voters. We need to act fast - literally expanding our GOTV program overnight - and to do this I'm asking you to make an online contribution right away.

Our campaign director has informed me that disseminating this information to these voters will cost an additional $37,000 over the next six days above and beyond what we are already spending on our efforts to elect Democrats in our state.

We are counting on the online community to raise $10,500 of this goal by this Friday. Please help now.

Voters in our state are finally getting the message that a vote for Senator McCain is a vote for the failed policies of the Bush/Cheney years. We've seen what the policies of Bush and McCain have done to our economy, and we know that we can't afford to continue down the same path.

Many are already casting votes in this election, but even more have not. We get daily reports from election officials letting us know who has yet to return their ballot, so we are able to carefully target our resources to reach out to only those who can still be swayed. With this new information I just received, it is clear that if we can persuade enough of the remaining undecided voters, it more than makes up the 2% we need to deliver Arizona for Senator Obama.

Please don't delay your support, make your online contribution right now - and help us reach our $10,500 goal by Friday.

Warmest regards,

Don Bivens

State Chair

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject: Re: Obama/McWar in Dead Heat in Arizona
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:49 am 

My fingers are crossed...

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid