It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:21 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Newsweek's post election juicy tidbits
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:56 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Things you supposedly didn't know. Now exposed.

Okay, you can figure that McCain probably rarely spoke darling Sarah. But did his campaign really keep him in the dark on her clothes horse spending? Oh my.

And then there's this:
Quote:
On the Sunday night before the last debate, McCain's core group of advisers—Steve Schmidt, Rick Davis, adman Fred Davis, strategist Greg Strimple, pollster Bill McInturff and strategy director Sarah Simmons—met to decide whether to tell McCain that the race was effectively over, that he no longer had a chance to win. The consensus in the room was no, not yet, not while he still had "a pulse."

They lead the poor boy on. All that wasted effort so that he could repeat, "my friends" and "gonna-fight" heavily.

And another good reason to have kept Hillary at arms length?
Quote:
On the night she officially lost the Democratic nomination, Hillary Clinton enjoyed a long and friendly phone conversation with McCain. Clinton was actually on better terms with McCain than she was with Obama. Clinton and McCain had downed shots together on Senate junkets; they regarded each other as grizzled veterans of the political wars and shared a certain disdain for Obama as flashy and callow.

I haven't used this screen name elsewhere.

Post subject: Re: Newsweek's post election juicy tidbits
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:50 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I can't remember a time when Americans have been so mesmerized by a political campaign. It's been like s soap opera...the Obama-Clinton rivalry, the Palin Pick, the serial exposures, such as the Couric interviews that really tarnished Palin's silver wings, McCain's "suspending" his campaign, McCain's choosing to go "negative," and finally the election itself and all that's come after. Newsweek has, in my opinion, won "best in series." These tidbits about the meltdown within the McCain campaign are delicious, though!

Check this out: The New Yorker is not wanting to be outdone!

THE FALL: JOHN MCCAIN'S CHOICES

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:29 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

The excitement was natural, considering the dynamics. There was the chance for real shift away from Bush vs. someone who was seen as more than likely continuing that way.

Americans felt the desperate need to get out of Iraq and reverse our economic downturn. Obama served as the best choice. But that change was threatened by McCain and Palin, who seemed to represent the worst of conservativism.

That's what makes these juicy tidmits all the more juicier. Who knew that things were really unglued inside camp McPalin?

I haven't used this screen name elsewhere.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:02 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Palin continues to try to blame everyone and everything for the loss of the election, which just increases my disdain for her. SHE played a major role in the implosion of the McCain campaign...a MAJOR role.

Now, McCain AGAIN THROWS what small amount of honor and integrity he had left under the bus. He's going to campaign for Saxby Chambliss in GA!

MCCAIN TO CAMPAIGN FOR SAXBY CHAMBLISS

Quote:
Quick quiz. Who said this in 2002?

"I'd never seen anything like that ad. Putting pictures of Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden next to the picture of a man who left three limbs on the battlefield -- it's worse than disgraceful. It's reprehensible."

That would be one Senator John McCain, lambasting Saxby Chambliss for the ads he ran against Max Cleland.

And yet, today:

U.S. Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) will campaign for U.S. Sen. Saxby Chambliss (R-Ga.) at the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre at 4:30 p.m. Thursday, Chambliss’s campaign has confirmed

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:04 pm 

It seems the worst in the R party are going to campaign for Chambliss. Who in the Dem party are going to Georgia?

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid