PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 3:02 pm 

I think you may be right Seamus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 5:30 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quote:
ECSMOKELOC wrote:
Hey Buckshot, why is it that everytime I try to post something at BlogsforBush.com about 9/11/2001, the moderator erases it?

uhh. maybe those people are scared of you :lol: ha ha .......yea right , how the hell am i suppose to know?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 5:35 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
uhh. maybe those people are scared of you ha ha .......yea right , how the hell am i suppose to know?

Right...we wouldn't want you to tax your brain unnecessarily, bucky. We know how fragile it is! :lol: But I actually think you inadvertently hit on the truth...see if you can figure it out.

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 6:24 pm 

BlogsforBush. Wow! that has to be a fascinating site!

Or should that read 'stagnating'?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:57 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Buck is right about some things .. :wink: :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:14 pm 

I'm a New Yorker, so lots of major offices will be newly filled in 2006. It looks like we'll have the opportunity to elect Eliot Spitzer, who has been a splendid NYS Attorney General, Governor; he's running on two lines.
Quite a few other races I have no question about.
But I live in a Republican town, and I find no fault with our Supervisor, except that she belongs to the same political party as the present occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Do you think the crimes committed by the Bush administration ought to be visited upon the Town of Colonie?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:18 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quote:
I'm a New Yorker, so lots of major offices will be newly filled in 2006. It looks like we'll have the opportunity to elect Eliot Spitzer, who has been a splendid NYS Attorney General, Governor; he's running on two lines.
Quite a few other races I have no question about.
But I live in a Republican town, and I find no fault with our Supervisor, except that she belongs to the same political party as the present occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Do you think the crimes committed by the Bush administration ought to be visited upon the Town of Colonie?

I'm in kind of the same predicament. I have never been one to vote down party lines. Our Republican Governor is doing an exceptional job imo. Something that is really really getting to me though, is the fact that so many republicans still support the administration in the White House for the sole reason that they are republican. No matter the lies, nor the damage nor the corruption. I may, for the first time in my life, vote all democrat. If this administration represents what republicans believe in, then forget it. They have lost a potential vote from me. In the future, if democrats seem to fail, I may give the Republicans a chance again, or I will just vote for an independent. Truth be told, I wish a viable independent would show their face. I feel both dems and reps are out of control. Unless there is a strong independent though, next round will be down the line Dem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:04 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Spitzer has been turned. He works for the Neo Cons now. The last hope of a victory over the Nationalists that have gripped America lies with Fitzpatrick and his army. The Battle Lines form next week. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:22 am 
Hear Me Roar!

I found this on the web. I thought to myself *jeesh, ya know Moyers might be another Jimmy Carter" (my personal opinion of Mr Carter is that while he is without a doubt one of the finest men to occupy the WH, he was a less than optimal president), but on the other hand, sometimes people can show the most amazing and surprising courage and fortitude when its needed.

10 Reasons Bill Moyers Should Be President
by Scott Beckman

For many years I have reached out and tried unsuccessfully to bridge the differences between Democrats and myself despite the fact that these efforts have never resulted in anything more than dashed political hopes. My simple plea has been for Democrats to earn my vote-and most of America's-by standing on a people-centered platform and selecting a world-class Presidential candidate to champion it.

I simply disagree with my friends who say that superior leadership doesn't make a difference. Therefore, in the face of their constant discouragement, I have continued to reflect on what the leadership I can support would look like and who in the Democratic Party might embody it. At this moment in time, I've concluded that it is found in the person of Mr. Bill Moyers.

1. Mr. Moyers has a genuine, civil, positive, hopeful courage of conviction that we the people can and will serve our own common good if we are properly informed and use the tools of our great democracy wisely. His passion for our country is rooted in a deep understanding, respect for, and unswerving adherence to the bedrock values and principles our Founding Fathers left us for us to preserve.

2. Mr. Moyers has a profound vision about how the United States of America can be unified again by the fullest exercise of self-government by we the people around our basic commitments to simple, commonly accepted all-American values and policies such as equality of opportunity and caring for your neighbor and telling the truth.

3. Mr. Moyers is a fearless advocate. He is unafraid to say that many politicians are simply the shills of selfish, greedy corporate interests; that false prophets are heretics; and that powerful media and lobby groups are peddling corruption.

4. Mr. Moyers espouses and upholds very high standards of professional ethics and personal integrity.

5. Mr. Moyers brings significant hands-on White House experience to bear on his thinking about America's future.

6. Mr. Moyers lifetime of public service as an honest political journalist has earned him national esteem and the respect of millions of people.

7. Mr. Moyers talks openly and comfortably about the role spiritual values play in his progressive outlook without abusing or disrespecting the line that is supposed to separate religious belief and political thought in America.

8. He is an exceptionally smart person. He has a truly impressive command of the facts underlying the fundamental connection that exists between progressive policies and electoral results. Further, he has demonstrated a unique ability to think ahead of the curve and craft and manage creative, state-of-the-art, successful enterprises, including ones that involve media planning.

9. He is a mesmerizing public speaker and a superb debater.

10. Mr. Moyers understands expressed the view that the perfection of our union will require new and perhaps unprecedented sacrifices by all of us. He would be a captain who bravely acknowledges the turbulent waters roiling all about and inspires us to do the right things needed to safely sail through them.

The current leadership of the Democratic Party is timid, off-message, and strategically bankrupt. Therefore, I submit this recommendation for a change in leadership to the people for your consideration before your hopes for the Democratic Party are crushed again before they've even had the chance to form.

In a recent speech, Mr. Moyers challenged his audience to become more active in the practice of democracy by telling a joke about an Irishman who in coming upon a fight outside a bar asked, "Is this a private fight or can anyone join in?" What a wonderful question. Bill Moyers is one of the very few Americans in public life who I can honestly say has earned my complete trust and my allegiance should he choose to accept it. If he were to run for President, I'd join what would become the people's movement to win back our country under the Democratic banner.