It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:35 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: McCain's Obama Obsession
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:49 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

McCain's Obama Obsession: Makes Opposition To President His Chief Campaign Pitch (VIDEO)

Sen. John McCain's (R-Ariz.) increasingly unsuspenseful reelection bid against primary challenger J.D. Hayworth has morphed very dramatically into a sequel of the senator's presidential race against Barack Obama two years ago.

Late Friday night, the Arizona Republican released the second television advertisement to date in which he positions himself in a pitched political fight with the administration on the topic of immigration reform. The first variation was far from subtle. Narrating the spot, Sheriff Paul Babeu took on the role of a ringmaster introducing viewers to the main draw: "A president versus a senator. It doesn't seem like a fair fight. Unless that senator is John McCain."

The most recent version played off that same theme. "The border-security plan of Senators McCain and Kyl calls for 3,000 additional troops to keep us safe," the ad goes. "President Obama says he'll send 524. This is no political game Mr. President. It is about Arizona lives. It is a fight we must win. And with John McCain on our side, we will."

:banghead: :crybaby:

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Re: McCain's Obama Obsession
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:05 am 

McCain is a douche bag. Arizona lives are not being lost, only those poor unfortunates that die crossing the deserts of Arizona trying to obtain a sustainable life. Many are dying in Mexico. Until NAFTA is renegotiated or eliminated, there can be no meaningful solution to the problems of undocumented workers, or as they are treated in reality, indenture servants or slaves.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:53 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I wonder what Arizonians did to keep themselves "safe" before John McCain became one of their Senators! :roll:

I can imagine that people like you, APL, feel that John McCain has ALWAYS been the Senator from AZ :evil: ...He'll probably be like Robert Byrd and die while still in office, making one last QUOTE gesture and with his eyebrows raised in that hateful, disdainful, and arrogant way that he practices constantly. People like him have absolutely no real understanding of what it's like to be desperately poor. They are comfortable and secure, yet they have no compassion for anyone else. Oh, sure, as a politician, he'll make noises about how much he cares but it's just practiced rhetoric for him. There's not a compassionate cell in McCain's body. After all, he's a Republican.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:20 am 

I remember when he first ran for Congress and he was asked what qualified him to represent Arizona as a Johnny comes lately. He angrily played the “war hero” card, never giving a real answer. He got that office and Senator because of his wife and father-in-law’s money.

He has lived his entire life covered by government paid for health care. His father was an admiral in the Navy. He entered Annapolis the year his wife and I were born. After being released from the Navy, he has received healthcare 100% covered because of his injuries. He is a douchebag for receiving these benefits yet denying them to the poorest and youngest of our society.

I am interested in seeing if he continues this Obama obsession beyond the primaries. After all you lost you old fart, get over it.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:09 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

John McCain's Transformation From Maverick To Erratic (SLIDESHOW)

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) appears to have undergone a serious political transformation over the course of just a single election cycle.

On the campaign trail in 2008, when McCain was facing-off against then-presidential candidate Barack Obama in a bitter fight for the White House, the Arizona Senator habitually touted the "maverick" reputation he had developed over two-plus decades in the upper congressional chamber.

However, with the inauguration of Obama into the Oval Office, and more vividly since former U.S. Congressman J.D. Hayworth launched a primary bid to unseat the four-term Senator in Arizona's 2010 midterm election, something seems to have changed in the demeanor and political style exhibited by McCain.

From immigration reform to matters of gay rights, the longtime Republican lawmaker has walked back, and in some cases unmistakably flip-flopped, on a host of various issues.

In 2005, McCain, alongside the late Democratic Sen. Ted Kennedy, co-sponsored a bipartisan immigration bill that would have paved a road to amnesty for immigrants present in the country illegally.

But last month, McCain insisted he's never supported amnesty when he came under attack from Hayworth over the immigration issue at a primary debate.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman