It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:38 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: well, the presidential results for 2008 are in...
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:08 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

http://gallup.com/poll/content/?ci=17641

Election 2008: Republican Candidates Fare Better in Early Trial Heats
Public's view of John Kerry growing more negative

looks like kerry is out for good, and rudy giuliani is going to ride the 9-11 boat a while longer. i often wonder how much milage they would get from the 9-11 attacks......i had hoped people would get sick of the political exploitation of one of america's disasters.

Post subject: Re: well, the presidential results for 2008 are in...
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:37 pm 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

mga wrote:
looks like kerry is out for good, and rudy giuliani is going to ride the 9-11 boat a while longer.

I think the DLC has picked Hillary as the Democratic candidate for 2008. Hard to imagine anyone could be more committed to the Republican agenda than Guiliani, but that's our Hillary. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:55 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

All are members of the old but ever present corrupt establishment ! IMHO

--

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:39 pm 
http://walken2008.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:58 am 
Hear Me Roar!

I dunno I just read a not so happy poll that most Americans aren't ready for a female Prez. The Dems have a clear opportuinty here, but they will blow it, wait and see.

For myself, until Hill tells the truth about ransacking Vince Foster's office while his body was still warm on the other side of town, I would tend to say that she is more of the fricking same. Bush with Boobs, and he's already enough of a boob for me..........

Hillary Clinton is one nasty babe, and up to her ears in nasty shit. She's on the Israeli payroll for sure, will continue the war in Iraq, continue Pax Americana, and continue to sleep with the Merchantilists who are driving the country into a depression.

Really, this is the BEST the democrats can do? How sad..........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:43 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Well, Alkemi, I have long held that BOTH parties are corrupt. I also believe that both parties are working towards the same goal, but they go about it in different ways. Most people only think of a monarchy as being able to be truly corrupted, but I disagree. I think that with even a two party system, all involved can and will become corrupt.

Both of these parties have been in power for so long, it just has to happen. They do not want to lose control, so they do whatever they can to ensure they keep it. If this were not true, then why, at presidential debates, do they not allow any group who wants to run for office (Green party, Libertarians ect..) join in on the debates?

This to my mind is a major flaw in our democracy. It is not a true democracy, it is not even close to being a democracy.
Unless this can be remedied, I have no hope for this political process. I'm sorry, I'm a pessimist and I no longer have much faith in either party. It seems the only viable choices I have for now are not which candidate will be better for my country, but which candidate will do the least amount of damage.

We NEED to allow other parties into the political process so We the People can have a real choice. Until this is done, I feel that there is very little hope for any real change.

CrimsonEagle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:38 pm 
CrimsonEagle wrote:
Well, Alkemi, I have long held that BOTH parties are corrupt. I also believe that both parties are working towards the same goal, but they go about it in different ways. Most people only think of a monarchy as being able to be truly corrupted, but I disagree. I think that with even a two party system, all involved can and will become corrupt.

Both of these parties have been in power for so long, it just has to happen. They do not want to lose control, so they do whatever they can to ensure they keep it. If this were not true, then why, at presidential debates, do they not allow any group who wants to run for office (Green party, Libertarians ect..) join in on the debates?

This to my mind is a major flaw in our democracy. It is not a true democracy, it is not even close to being a democracy.
Unless this can be remedied, I have no hope for this political process. I'm sorry, I'm a pessimist and I no longer have much faith in either party. It seems the only viable choices I have for now are not which candidate will be better for my country, but which candidate will do the least amount of damage.

We NEED to allow other parties into the political process so We the People can have a real choice. Until this is done, I feel that there is very little hope for any real change.

CrimsonEagle

Well said. Thank you.

http://opendebates.org/

http://approvalvoting.org/

Post subject: What if........
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:36 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

We need a mega-billionaire who has nothing else to do with their money to buy up ALL the air time on ALL the news stations (TV and Radio), ALL the ad spaces in ALL newspapers and magazines, and ALL billboards. Run as an Independant. After all, if his/her ads are the only ads that are seen.....well you now how gullable most of the public is.

When he/she gets elected....CLEAN HOUSE. File bankruptcy (get rid of all the pork), get rid of all the programs that fund the rich, say the medical program is broke (the one that funds all the politicians for the rest of their lives), get rid of any program that is unnecessary to get this country back on track.

Sounds too easy but I am in my la la land. I doubt we could find anyone with that kind of money who cares about this country. They would have to have Rhino skin because the heat would get extreem.

Just a dream. There is the problem with the voting machines........ :?

CORPORATE MEDIA = MASS MIND CONTROL