It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:17 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A Big Thank You to TVNL
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:01 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I wish to convey my heartfelt thanks to the developers and editors at TVNEWSLIES. Whatever the outcome of this historic presidential election, I want you to know, and anyone reading this to know, that I have learned so much from having come to this forum. I had no idea the media were so biased because I had a great trust of our American news sources. TVNL showed me the way, and for that I wish to say a big THANK YOU for being online at this crucial juncture of our nation's history. We have lived history together, talked it over, argued about it, but in the end, we have emerged as friends.

Without TVNL, I would not have learned HOW to watch the news. Without TVNL, I would not have met the founders of the site itself and had some great chats with them. Nor would I have met good, hard-working people like Real Democrat, carly, tapirlover, beatneck, skeeter, tres (who makes me laugh with the political cartoons he posts), and all of the other posters who have taken the time to try to spread the word about the dangers of the Bush administration.

Hopefully, we'll all be raising our victory glasses of good champagne tomorrow night or sometime Wednesday, toasting President-elect John Kerry and Vice-President-elect John Edwards.

Even if that doesn't happen, my glass will still be raised in a toast to all of you. And we will meet again after the election.

All the best,

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:37 pm 
The feeling is entirely mutual Catherine. You are a rock. People could, should, have, and will learn from your involvement. Dont ever stop. That goes for all of you others as well. Thanks to you also Jesse, for everthing you have done, and will continue to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:14 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thank you, beatneck...you're a jewel.

I have felt so hollow all day...like a dear friend or member of the family had died! Isn't that weird? I felt (and still feel) a sense of attachment to John Edwards...I voted for him when he first ran for Senator from NC. He was a firm supporter of education, a breath of fresh air in the wake of Jesse Helms. He and his wife had a son the same age as my son but their son had been killed in a car accident. There's nothing so awful as losing your child, and I think the Edwards' feel this loss over again everytime a soldier is killed in Iraq.

And John Kerry in that barn coat...what class, what intelligence, and what a promise lost to us. I'll never forget the three debates in which he made Bush look like the fool he really is...and with Bush wearing a wire! I'll never be convinced he wasn't, regardless of what his handlers say.

Well, it's over, and the crowing will have to be endured from the Bushies...until their man begins to mess up again...and he will. He's still Bush...this victory did not give him a new brain, or new courage, or a new attitude, or a new Cabinet...except for Colin Powell, and no doubt Condi Rice will step into his place. Zell Miller will probably take her place, and so on. Those of us who oppose him and all he stands for must continue to be united, to stand together against all that is coming. The Supreme Court will be stacked, a woman's reproductive rights will be decided by a passage or two from the Bible, and faith-based initiatives will become the order of the day.

I'm not looking forward to the next few years. Heck I live in a Red State! I may have to move to a Blue State. It's amazing, isn't it...we're not the North, the South, the East, or the West; we're definitely not the United States anymore...we're Red or Blue...and sometimes White! We're not Americans...we're either Left or Right! That's what George Bush has done to us in the past four years, so don't expect anything good if you're poor or middle class during the next four years.

But I did not vote for him. And I will not support him.

I want someone to tell me where I can get a bumper sticker to let anyone and everyone know that I did not vote for him. It will replace my Kerry-Edwards sticker that is still there.

Catherine

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:34 pm 
I have been kinda out of it all day. Just taking it all in. I hope I will settle down a little soon.

You could always move to Michigan. Although it might be too cold for you this time of year.

Also, as far as your bumper sticker request, there are a few good ones here.

http://miboecfr.nicusa.com/election/results/04GEN/90000001.html

Although Im sure there will be more coming.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:13 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hey, beatneck...please try posting that bumper sticker site again.

The one you posted is about Michigan's election results...and I did not see one bumper sticker running for anything! :D :D :D

Catherine

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:18 am 
Sorry about that. Try this one. :oops:

http://www.cafepress.com/irregulargoods/402893