It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:18 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Canada leaders debate - CAUSES OF ILLNESS mentioned
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:26 pm 
Involved
Involved

The NDP candidate [a 'third party' that has never been in power] Jack Layton actually stuck his neck out on the national TV debates with other leaders in the discussions about health care.

The taboo phrase that is so rarely mentioned in discussions about medical careis this:"We need to look to the causes of illness if we are to reduce costs for health care" , and mentioned pollution , for one, as one of these causes of illness.

That is a leap forwards. We of the alternative community KNOW that modern medicine refuses to look to the causes of illness, and we suspect that is because 1] they want illness to linger and continue, good for business ; 2] that the guilty parties [fossil fuels corporations, for one] are too powerfull and would not like it if we blamed thier porducts for any illnesses, despite the overwhelming evidence of their dangers.

Do I expect anything to change? No. We still have to look after ourselves for all illnesses other than a broken bone. I use bio-electric medicine and Colloidal Silver, H202 and eat organic foods, and some supplements.

Karlin,

Post subject: Hot discussion about this...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:28 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Karlin,

Your post about health care and causes of illnesses caught my attention. I was at another forum last evening and saw a post about a rise in identified TB illnesses. The thread was begun by a poster who believes that immigrants and prisons are the reasons TB is again on the rise.

I don't know enough about this topic to post an opinion, here or at the other forum, so I'll just pass on the information.

Here is the site if you're interested:

http://www.americanforum.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=22

A word of warning: You'll have to wade through some personal attacks and petty arguments made from one or two posters, but the gist of the information is pretty interesting, IF you can get by all the fluff. :wink:

Catherine

PS: I can remember a time when we were required to have TB tests regularly, especially if were worked in any job that served the public.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:04 pm 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

Catherine,

This is a note to welcome you to this forum. Ilike your style and they way you think.

Welcome.

Post subject: Thank you, RD...
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:31 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's nice to be welcomed! 8) Thank you.

I wish the board would get more posters, though, and responses and debates could go forth at a faster pace. Any ideas on how to make this board more visible?

The American Forum has over 550 registered members since January, and a lot of those posters are very pro-Bush, although some of them are free-thinking enough to give the Bushies hell now and then, with lots of sources posted to support their arguments. There are other sites, too, but I DO like this one.

I'll be posting as often as my time allows and topics remain interesting. Again, thanks for your welcome. :wink:

Catherine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:26 pm 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

Catherine,

I do have an idea.. Just advertise it in all the forums that you belong or have access to. You might want to make it a part of you signature...

This forum used to have lots of membership until the Administrator mistakenly deleted stuff and then change host. In the process he lost data, posts and membership list.

We the lovers of this forum has to help him get old members back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:39 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

One of the first boards I ever posted on was the MSNBC bulletin board. I had a great time debating with some of the people there until MSNBC decided to shut it down. Several people from the old MSNBC board tried to continue the format with other boards, but none of them ever seemed to have the same "with-it-ness" that the original board had. :cry:

I have no idea where all the people went...probably just lost interest or found other boards that later also became obsolete.

Maybe some enlightened thinkers will come here eventually and discuss lots of different ideas. :wink:

Catherine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:48 am 
Involved
Involved

I don't want to offend at all, just a funny observation -

I suggest that we will attract more posters if we stayed on topic a bit more.... ha ha.

Looking at the "Causes of illness" as a new way to reform health care would find great resistance from the pharmaceutical corporations, from the media, from [paid] politicians, and even from the Oil and Gas people [as a cause of modern illness, fossil fuels way up there].

how do we fight that? both political parties in America are on the side of pharmacy, so no help there....

karlin

Post subject: Karlin .. Right you are ..
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:04 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Karlin wrote:
I don't want to offend at all, just a funny observation -

I suggest that we will attract more posters if we stayed on topic a bit more.... ha ha.

Looking at the "Causes of illness" as a new way to reform health care would find great resistance from the pharmaceutical corporations, from the media, from [paid] politicians, and even from the Oil and Gas people [as a cause of modern illness, fossil fuels way up there].

how do we fight that? both political parties in America are on the side of pharmacy, so no help there....

karlin

Right you are Karlin, I've never seen anyone in Government take on the petrocrazies or the pharmaceutical corporations. I would like to though. Ha Ha ! It is good when one of them brings up what needs to be brought up though. Of course they often pay for it down the road.

Take for instance .. Fluoride, spraying of of god knows what? MSG, a pharmaceutical pill for everything, rather it's good for us or not and faked research to back it all up. Look at Prozac, one of it's main ingredients is fluoride. The list goes on and on.

We live in a .. MELLOW APATHY.

Here are a few links to check out.

http://www.newmediaexplorer.org/sepp/2003/07/03/fluoride_no_thank_you.htm
http://www.nutritioninstituteofamerica.net/research/DeathByMedicine/DeathByMedicine1.htm
http://www.holisticmed.com/fluoride/
http://www.breakfornews.com/Something-Fishy-With-Salmon.htm

Sir-Irate