It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:52 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New York Times Endorses Lamont Over Lieberman
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:25 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

New York Times endorses Lamont over Lieberman

Sunday's edition of The New York Times is set to include an editorial endorsing challenger Ned Lamont over incumbent Joe Lieberman for Connecticut's Democratic primary race for the Senate, RAW STORY has found.

An article also slated for Sunday's paper called "After sluggish start, Lieberman heeded warnings of trouble" mentions the endorsement.

"The New York Times, in an editorial published on Sunday, endorsed Mr. Lamont over Mr. Lieberman, arguing that the senator had offered the nation a 'warped version of bipartisanship' in his dealings with President Bush on national security," reports Adam Nagourney.

Link: http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/New_Y ... _0729.html

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:26 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

i sent an email many many months ago to the democratic party and i wrote about my outrage towards lieberman and his cuddling of bush. it appears that lieberman's agenda was more towards protecting israel's interests and not the US nor his democratic party.

at a time when democrats need to band together, lieberman was kissing bush's ass ( his face too, but what's the diff?) and i complianed to them about this. his actions were hardly that of a true democrat and it was obvious that joe leiberman's arrogance overcame his political judgement and his party loyalty.

obviously, i wasn't the only one who has complained about this jerk's disloyalty and ass kissing bush because the democrat party also realized that joe lieberman didn't have party ideology at heart. so, many many others must have complained as well. BRAVO!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:29 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Lieberman is a goner, I hope, mga. He may squeak by, but I hope the good people of Connecticut see that he's just another Bushie and not on their side at all!

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:45 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

just today i sent eliot spitzer, who is presently a landslide winner for governor of New York, an email about jeanine pirro's televison ad in which she is running for state attorney general...as a republican. she states in her ad that she is "hard working, just like eliot spitzer"...ARGH!!

mind you, this women was running against ms. clinton, then realized she was getting only single digit support, dropped out and is now running for state attorney general. she has a very questionable past, along with her husband. but i didn't care for her ad to compare herself with eliot spitzer......and i wrote to let them know.

she's a damn republican and her ad is typical deceitfulness that republicans use.

Post subject: Rightweb has updated to show Lieberman's affiliations.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:03 pm 

Rightweb now clearly shows Joe Lieberman was prominently involved with the neoconistic Committee for the Liberation of Iraq:

http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/1458

Rightweb has also provided a link to Lieberman himself and all his other hawkish and preemptive defense affiliations:

http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/3357

http://www.cafepress.com/bootthepnac

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:40 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

From the Guardian UK- Democrats who oppose illegal wars and torture want to reclaim the party

A grassroots revolt by voters has sparked a struggle for the party's soul, and a New England senator is in the firing line.
Monday August 7, 2006

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... 36,00.html

Quote:
Some have described it as a struggle for the heart and soul of the Democratic party, but a more accurate portrayal would be a battle to establish whether the party should have a soul at all. It raises not only the question of what does the party stand for apart from office but also whether it is prepared to adopt an agenda that could actually win office. This race could set the tone for the 2008 presidential elections.

Less then half of those backing Lamont cite the war as the main reason. "It's mostly about the war but not exclusively," says Christine Koskoff at a Lamont meeting at Bristol's Clock and Watch Museum. "It's about Senator Lieberman articulating the agenda of the rightwingers who run this country. The war sums up everything that's wrong."

The idea that 90% of candidates are returned is a form of tenure that must be shaken. An automatic pass to congress has to become earned and not expected. That Liebrrman might switch parties is a reality also that could seriously split the Democratic supporters too. Those pesky republicans won't let this go easily, but we need more candidates like Lamont to take a strong stand against this administration. Demand more Ned Lamonts out of your representatives. Make them stand up for these principles and stop flipping and flopping and giving those loser republicans an excuse for their jingoism. Make them become a party of the people again.

Hope you saw the Colbert Report interview of Ned Lamont last week. Extremely humorous and right on target. More Ned Lamonts!

Video and transcript here- http://www.crooksandliars.com/posts/200 ... rt-report/

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.