It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:31 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lieberman Restarts Bid as Independent
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:22 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Stripped of Democratic Party support and with most of his staff gone, Sen. Joe Lieberman launched a new campaign as an independent Thursday with a pizza party in a city where voters supported him and the mayor understands his unusual position.

The "thank you" stop in Waterbury was Lieberman's first public event since losing Tuesday's primary and his first since dismissing his campaign staff.

Waterbury gave Lieberman 60 percent of its Democratic vote in the primary, though the three-term senator lost the statewide count to anti-war businessman Ned Lamont. The gritty factory town also has a history with independents winning office: Its mayor was re-elected as a write-in candidate last year after he lost the Democratic primary.

"I think in a primary you are dealing with a very limited audience," Mayor Michael Jarjura said Thursday.

"Unfortunately, here in Connecticut, the Democratic Party has shifted, I think wrongly, too far to the left and that limited audience does not reflect the majority view of the people of the state of Connecticut," he said. "That was very evident in my election, and I think it will be extremely evident in Joe Lieberman's re-election in November."

Lieberman hopes for the same fortune.

Although top Senate Democrats, including John Kerry and Edward Kennedy of Massachusetts, Harry Reid of Nevada, Frank Lautenberg of New Jersey and Chuck Schumer and Hillary Rodham Clinton of New York, are throwing their support to Lamont, Lieberman filed petitions Wednesday to get on the ballot as an independent candidate.

"While I consider myself a devoted Democrat, I am even more devoted to my state and my country," Lieberman told The Associated Press on Wednesday. "I think it would be irresponsible and inconsistent with my principles if I were to just walk off the field."

Lieberman said he fired his campaign manager and spokesman, and asked for the resignations of his campaign staff. He planned to hire two longtime aides as campaign manager and communications director, and to begin the search for a new pollster and media consultant.

LINK TO REST OF STORY

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:53 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

This statement says a lot about the direction Americans wish to go. Moderation is the keyword here-

Quote:
"I think in a primary you are dealing with a very limited audience," Mayor Michael Jarjura said Thursday.

"Unfortunately, here in Connecticut, the Democratic Party has shifted, I think wrongly, too far to the left and that limited audience does not reflect the majority view of the people of the state of Connecticut," he said. "That was very evident in my election, and I think it will be extremely evident in Joe Lieberman's re-election in November."

He equates what happened to him in his mayoral race with the big picture. Somewhat optimistic view of a small town buffer zone. Fortunately many Americans see throught this ruse and will hopefully send a message to the Dems that is loud and clear in November- One these traitorous Republicans will hear and fear. Pick your candidates on what they say they'll do, not what they are told they will do once in power.

It seems that this agenda that Lieberman and The Republicans have is to split the left once again and destroy their appearance of unity. It has been well thought out and by using the Zionist Joe to advocate policies that attract the right leaning of both parties, they have guaranteed that their state will be a compromise and swing state for them. What do you think will be the administrations "Newer Pearl Harbour"- to scare the sheeple of other states from acquiring a far left approach to political upheavel and perhaps policy changes that go against the ideals of the imperialist superpower?

Hopefully their plans will fail and the voters won't fall for the same ruse of 911 and subsequent terror threats, and vote for positive change in the way government does its business.

For the People- By the People.

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:03 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
What do you think will be the administrations "Newer Pearl Harbour"- to scare the sheeple of other states from acquiring a far left approach to political upheavel and perhaps policy changes that go against the ideals of the imperialist superpower

I think George and Tony have already begun, DO.g's... with the "terrorist" plot in the UK. Lieberman, Cheney, and Bush are already trying to capitalize on it. Raw Story has a ton of material. Link: http://www.rawstory.com/

Also I just got some information about this so-called plot from a source I trust and who is a member in good standing of TVNL...John McCarthy.

Here's his message:

To: WETHEPEOPLE_UNITED@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [WETHEPEOPLE_UNITED] Red Alert for Staged Terror Attacks - PHONY WAR
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 11:49:15 +0000
SEE FORWARDED ARTICLE BELOW my comments.

Quote:
NO mixture of liquids in the quantity that could be carried on by even 2 passengers would create enough explosive force to bring down a commercial plane. Per EXPERTS.

The recent arrests for an impossible plot was to distract people from what is happening in Iraq and the destruction of the only true western style democracy in the Middle East - Lebanon - where a 40% Christian population lived in peace and security, and shared power, with a 60% Muslim population. (a real threat to the Jews divide and conquer to enslave strategy that has worked so well in the US).

International Oil Corps will continue to see profits soar as long as 20% of the words oil, which is in Iraq, cannot reach the world oil due to turmoil there. Even more so if Iran's oil can be removed from the world market. So too will profits continue for those entities that sell military hardware and services to a gullible US public. A people whose elected ser vants are in the pocket, been bought off, by these profitiers and International Oil Corps. and also threatened by Israeli Terrorists.

There are three powerful beneficiaries of this phony 'war' the Bush gang has imposed upon us for the past 5 years. (1) International Oil Corps, (2) Military Hardware and Service supplier - Halliburten, and others, (3) Jews and the Banks they control along with their little Switzerland where they can hide their ill gotten gains.

Of course; those who live off the public dole while pretending to serve the public - govrnment employees - also see additional job security, advancement, and glory of being perceived as heroic protectors by going along with it all. In truth - they are committing treason againt the nation of people of this Holy Land known as the US of A

From John McCarthy

John can be contacted at vpocv@comcast.net

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman