It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:21 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Anti- War Candidates
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:29 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Here's a list of anti-war candidates. it is important to know which candidate will vote against the war and will stick to his promise. This is the most important message to get across to your representative before you vote this fall.

http://antiwarcandidates.com/

Vote Peace- Don't Vote yellow duck or to go War. If you don't see the name of a particular candidate on the list, contact the candidate directly and remind to take a clear stance on the issue of Bush's "War on Terror".

How do you find your candidates if they're not listed on this site? One source is Project Vote Smart at http://www.vote-smart.org:

1)Find the election district in the state where you live.
2)Next, find the name of the incumbents who are currently serving as your representative in the Senate and Congress.
3)Next, locate their challengers in the up-coming elections.
4)Contact the incumbents and the challengers, and ask them to take a clear position on the question: Do you support the War on Terror?
5)Tell them to send their responses to this website at antiwarcandidates@yahoo.com

Just for the record- Sen. Hillary Clinton Inquiry sent 8/29/2006 - No Response Yet.

Dan Akaka, Democratic Senator from Hawaii responded 8/27/2006: Senator Akaka has consistently opposed the War in Iraq. In October 2002, he was one of only 23 Senators who voted against providing the Bush Administration with authorization to invade Iraq A continuing critic of the Bush Administration's war policies, Senator Akaka recently voted in favor of the Kerry-Feingold-Boxer amendment which called for the withdrawal of troops from Iraq by July 2007. If you have any questions about Senator Akaka's position, please do not hesitate to contact me at winer@pacificlaw.com

Kevin Zeese: Inquiry Sent 8/27/2006 - Response Aug 29, 2006. Maryland-
I'm opposed to the Iraq War and favor an immediate end to its' occupation and a dual withdrawal of U.S. troops and corporate interests. I also oppose threats of military action against Iran as this would be a counterproductive step that will create a regional war, potentially a World War. Finally, I am critical of Israel's bombing of Lebanon with U.S. support. I've been making an issue out of U.S. policy toward Israel in a series of letters to my Democratic Party opponent, Ben Cardin. See: http://kevinzeese.com/content/blogcategory/13/34/. I'm director of the national anti-war group, DemocracyRising.US (where I have a complete exit plan) and a co-founder of VotersForPeace.org and was one of the first people to sign their Voters Pledge: "I will not vote for or support any candidate for Congress or President who does not make a speedy end to the war in Iraq, and preventing any future war of aggression, a public position in his or her campaign." I urge all who read this to sign the pledge.
I am a candidate for the U.S. Senate in Maryland and have been nominated by the Green, Libertarian and Populist Parties of Maryland. This is the first time these parties, or any two of them, have nominated the same candidate for office. This is an open seat to replace retiring Senator Paul Sarbanes.

Mary Maxwell Republican candidate for the Second District of New Hampshire responded 8/28/2006:
You want to see what an anti-war candidate's website looks
like? Go to www.maxwellforcongress.com . I am also the only Republican candidate speaking out about 9-11 and its use as pretext for war on terror.
Mary Maxwell, Ph.D.

North Carolina- Bill Glass: Inquiry Sent 8/27/2006 - email bounced.

Ohio- (Blank)

James Wright: Democratic candidate for the 8th Congressional District of Texas responded 8/28/2006
I am Anti-war and want the troops home now. My web site supports this and my site www.impeachpresidentbush.com is also mine. My own grandson has been in Iraq and is being sent back after being injured there.
http://www.wrightforcongress.net

Michael Badnarick (Libertarian): Inquiry Sent 8/27/2006 - Responded 8/28/2006
Serious candidates don't often respond to anonymous and-or coercive inquiries.
You'll need to be as forthcoming as you'd like us to be.
And, you will be well advised to do research on well-known candidates who do not respond, because they may already be on record at various places on the net, including their own websites, and if you mis-classify anyone, you will completely undermine your credibility.
Which means that your threat to classify any non-respondent a yellow duck is not just a cheap form of blackmail, it could lead to a great deal of embarrassment for you.
Allen Hacker allen@bodnarick.org ----Yellow Duck

Russ Feingold: inquiry sent 8/28/2006 - No reponse yet - Wisconsin

So many haven't responded- but notice not many Repukes are responding. It is important to send e-mails to get your friends in other states to get after their candidates and make them answer. Then put it here for the record. Proof is required to keep these liars honest.

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.