All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Opponent Outs Florida GOP Governor Candidate
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:05 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Opponent Outs Florida GOP Governor Candidate
by 365Gay.com Newscenter Staff

October 12, 2006

(Fort Lauderdale, Florida) Florida Attorney General Charlie Crist has been the subject of speculation for several years but on Wednesday a political opponent used National Coming Out Day to say he's known for years that Crist is gay.

Appearing on WFTL, a South Florida news-talk station, independent gubernatorial candidate Max Linn said it is common knowledge in Tallahassee that Crist is gay. And, Linn said it is time Crist acknowledged it.

"Charlie come out, come out from wherever you are," Linn said during an interview on the station. Linn said he has known Crist for 25 years and even worked to help get him elected to other offices and that he's "a good guy." The Crist campaign said Thursday it would not comment. A spokesperson for U.S. Rep. Jim Davis, the Democrat running for governor, also declined to comment.

In an August radio interview in Miami Crist denied rumors he is gay when the question was directly put to him.

"The point is, I'm not. There's the answer. How do you like it?" Crist said. "Not that there's anything wrong with that, as they say on Seinfeld. But I just happen not to be."

During the gubernatorial primary Crist's opponent for the GOP nomination, Tom Gallagher, continually assailed Crist as "soft on homosexuals". Although both candidates oppose same-sex marriage and gay adoption Crist would "allow" civil unions in Florida. Gallagher maintained there was no difference between the two.

In public opinion polls Crist leads Davis 53 - 43. Davis also opposes same-sex marriage.

LINK

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:13 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

republicans should get their act together when dealing with gays. with the Foley scandal, they are saying that being gay is OK, when it comes to elections, i guess being gay is taboo...

typically republican, i guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:24 am 

Last night on the Colbert Report, there was a gay conservative on. (I'll have to search for his name) He said that the republicans on the hill are very hypocritical because they all employ gay people in their offices, yet for the public front they claim not to. I'm going to look for the clip on YouTube or something.