It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:29 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CHICAGO VOTER DATABASE HACKED!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:23 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

CHICAGO VOTER DATABASE HACKED!

By JAKE TAPPER and REBECCA ABRAHAMS

Oct. 23, 2006 — As if there weren't enough concerns about the integrity of the vote, a non-partisan civic organization today claimed it had hacked into the voter database for the 1.35 million voters in the city of Chicago.

Bob Wilson, an official with the Illinois Ballot Integrity Project — which bills itself as a not-for-profit civic organization dedicated to the correction of election system deficiencies — tells ABC News that last week his organization hacked the database, which contains detailed information about hundreds of thousands of Chicago voters, including their Social Security numbers, and dates of birth.

"It was a serious identity theft problem, but also a problem that could potentially create problems with the election," Wilson said.

A nefarious hacker could have changed every voter's status from active to inactive, which would have prevented them from voting, he said.

"Or we could've changed the information on what precinct you were in or what polling place you were supposed to go to," he said. "So there were ways that we could potentially change the entire online data base and disenfranchise voters throughout the entire city of Chicago."

:shock: :evil:

LINK TO SOURCE

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:32 am 

i think this is one of the scenarios that points to some of the reasons why bush may be very confident about the outcome on nov. 7.

saw a story on cnn, i think, in which bushs father talked about how he handled his adminstration while the dems still had control of congress. gw responded to his fathers comments rather unrespectfully when he emphatically stated that his father should keep his comments to himself. he then reiterated how much complete nonsense it was to even the mere suggestion that the dems may take back control of the legislature.

i'm a little wary or concerned as to what lengths the neocon machine will go to control the vote.

i'm thinkin that it's very likely that neocon operatives are in place outside the boundaries of the u.s. jurisdiction are are prepared to hack into all or any cities voting system in order to control the vote.

you'll vote for the candidate you want and it will show up on the screen for you to verify it. then after a you've left the polling place the hackers will change the result.

i don't trust this system 1 frickin bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:15 am 

My concerns are the same as roosters. The cons have too many ways to cheat not to use them.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:10 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

The ONLY feather in our cap is they KNOW we are watching.

CORPORATE MEDIA = MASS MIND CONTROL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:18 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

none of it matters. what you have to ask is have any of the elections in the last 15 years or so been tampered with? If votes and machines are being changed then it started somewhere small.

Little changes that nobody would think to much about. Maybe a Gov winning by a few thousand votes, a Senator suddenly coming from behind to win. It would have been tested on both parties. A long term plan in mind to change the outcome of a Presidential election. It happened not once but twice. I have a feeling that it will continue to happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:44 am 
Hear Me Roar!

I would say that apathy remains the central problem. If people are comfortable they don't care what the political class does. I guess the trick is to make them more uncomfortable.