It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:02 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hacking Democracy
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:12 am 
Hacking Democracy - HBO Documentary

You guys need to see this; detailed history of Bev Harris, founder of Black Box Voting dot org.

Post subject: Follow Up
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:46 am 
http://www.bradblog.com/?p=3708

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:13 am 

i watched this documentary last night on HBO.

absolute proof that kerry and the democrats gave up way too early in the recount of ohio, new mexico and other areas after the 04 election.

interesting how major gop money contributors funneled money into diebold accounts.

interesting how the ceo of diebold guaranteed to deliver ohio votes to bush in a virtual guarantee of the 04 outcome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:07 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I posted info about this documentary in several of the forums yesterday. I don't get HBO so I couldn't watch it, but glad you all did.

:cry:

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:24 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I keep saying that this administration got to Kerry and Gore, either by threats or getting some kind of dirt on them. They gave up without a fight. Hell I remember Gore saying he was going to fight, fight and fight and then three hours later, he gave up.

Samething with Kerry, we are not going to let this go, like they did in 2000, we are going to fight and then he gives up also.

Something not right in Mudville

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:34 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
I remember Gore saying he was going to fight, fight and fight and then three hours later, he gave up.

Gore did not officially concede for five weeks!

http://archives.cnn.com/2000/ALLPOLITIC ... index.html

Quote:
Gore's decision to concede Wednesday was a particularly painful moment of political deja vu. He had come within minutes of publicly conceding the presidential election in the early morning hours of Nov. 8. Based on information from network exit polls and his own aides, the vice president thought he had lost Florida by approximately 50,000 votes, called Bush to offer a private concession, and was taken to the site of a post-election rally to make a concession speech.

But Gore aides reached campaign Chairman William Daley and told him that the actual count in Florida had closed to within a few hundred votes. As thousands of Gore supporters waited in the early morning rain in Nashville, it became clear that something was happening within the Gore campaign.

It was. The vice president telephoned Bush to retract his earlier words of concession, which he delivered to Bush when most major news organizations declared Bush the winner. Bush was reportedly not pleased to take the second call.

"Let me make sure I understand," protested Bush, his victory speech in hand. "You're calling me back to retract your concession?"

"You don't have to get snippy about this," Gore protested.

"Let me explain something," Gore continued. "Your younger brother is not the ultimate authority on this." Jeb Bush, the Florida governor and brother of the GOP nominee, had reportedly assured the Texas governor in the wee hours of Wednesday morning that Florida was a done deal.

The Nashville crowd, still waiting for word, was greeted by Daley instead of Gore. "Without being certain of the results in Florida, we simply cannot be certain of the results of the national election," Daley announced shortly after 4 a.m. EST. "I've been in politics a long time, and I don't think there's ever been a night like this one."

But that night was just the beginning of an electoral process that has been unprecedented in more than 100 years. The nation's attention turned to Florida and a month of recounts, ballot challenges, special legislative sessions and lawsuits -- including one that reached the U.S. Supreme Court. But Gore gained few victories along the way, and none of the recounts gave the vice president the votes he needed to overtake Bush

I would be less inclined to believe that the Bushies had anything on Gore that they could use against him in view of his battle once the facts had been shown to him regarding the Florida vote.

Kerry was the one that gave up without a fight, even though his campaign staffers had to know there was trouble with the Ohio vote. I don't think I could ever trust Kerry as a presidential candidate again. He's as tainted now, for me, as Ted Kennedy was for the Democrats after Chapaquiddick.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:34 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

I did not see the show since I do not have HBO and I really do not watch much, if any, TV hardly nowadays anyway. It is just not challenging enough for me.

Anyhow, I made a comment somewhere else in regards to this Diebold business. And, the comment was suggesting the following: Americans are more concerned with things like football, basketball, and baseball as major forms of entertainement. Each of these sports has rules and judges to make sure they are run properly. If something went amiss regarding the functions of these games, that is , with regards to officiating and outcome then the team players and fans would be outraged. But, not so apparently with democracy. They let the officiating slide and are not overly concerned about the proper policing of political outcomes. Isn't this fact a bit telling about the values of Americans with regards to the governing of themselves. They seemingly don't care about things like who controls their lives, but care a great deal about the entertainment side of things. What does it all mean?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:59 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Just One More Thing.... wrote:
I really do not watch much, if any, TV hardly nowadays anyway. It is just not challenging enough for me.

ok... :?:

I watch tv for good shows like The Daily Show, Investigative Reports, etc. But I mainly watch for entertainment. It's also a good way to relieve stress and sometimes escape reality.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:18 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Diebold was begging HBO not to run that show.....guess HBO told them to f*ck off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:08 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

jobot wrote:
Just One More Thing.... wrote:
I really do not watch much, if any, TV hardly nowadays anyway. It is just not challenging enough for me.

ok... :?:

I watch tv for good shows like The Daily Show, Investigative Reports, etc. But I mainly watch for entertainment. It's also a good way to relieve stress and sometimes escape reality.

Oh, I am not denying the therapeutic use of tv at all. In fact, just before I quit watching it I was really into the old time movies channel. There are some really good old movies, with good themes and hard rock values that we could all relate to at one time. That is a dead era now and modern tv entertainment just expresses the present day interests of the public. I am not wholly against tv, I am just more into the internet now and interacting with people. Maybe it is the socializing that I am interested in. I do not really know. But, I like to try to keep being informed and educated as well, on my own terms, not main stream media's. Does that make any sense?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:24 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

It makes sense. I just didn't like your word choice. ("challenging") ...that's why I was giving you crap. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:54 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

jobot wrote:
It makes sense. I just didn't like your word choice. ("challenging") ...that's why I was giving you crap. :P

Yes, I suppose the word ' challenging ' was perhaps too aggressive a choice of words for my thoughts. I sensed you were giving me 'crap' that is why I found it necessary to respond. I do have a social conscience you know, unlike some of our favourite politicians.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:04 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

No wonder nobody wanted this shown on normal television. Scary stuff.