It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:03 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Canada expects more Democrats
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:57 am 
Hear Me Roar!

The results of the election in the United States has results for Canada as well. What does a Democrat win for Canada mean? Here are some possible ideas according to the Toronto Star. From the article:

Quote:
"First and foremost, it puts an end to the arrogant foreign policy of the Bush administration and that is good news for every country," said one consultant with a foot on both sides of the border.

Canadians often feel they're more in tune with Democrats on social, environmental and foreign affairs policy, but this is a Democratic party that remains protectionist on trade and determined to show its bona fides on security.

It was Democrats who led the U.S. charge on the softwood lumber dispute and trying to keep Canadian beef out of America.

"I think Canadians should not presume anything based on who comes to power," says Paul Frazer, a former Canadian ambassador who's now a Washington-based consultant.

full article here:

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Conten ... 2770306846

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:52 am 
Involved
Involved

Canadians want a democratic run United States because thats what they have wanted for years,but something has slipped past them in all those years (reality).The reality is that corporations have now become bigger then governments,and therefore the governments now work for the corporations(all the parties) except some independants who could'nt get a media interview if their house was on fire.So you now have a funny little show where politicians yell and slander each other just like the phony role playing on WWF wrestling,while behind the scenes they scheme together to monopolize their control while the whole time reducing yours.The problem we face is that this criminal system has been allowed to flourish for so long unchecked,we (the citizens) are now playing catch up.People are still in the old mind set ,where they believe the left party can fix the damage that the right party got us into, or vice versa,so we get stuck in the orchestrated left or right debate,when in reality both the left and right hand are attached to the same body.In Canada you have the newly elected neo con worshiping Stephen Harper as your Prime minister,who by the way was invited to the Bilderberg meeting in Germany only a couple years before he was elected.So unless people in Canada check out "The Canadian Action Party" Canadas fifth largest political party and get behind a party that runs their platform on anti globalist agenda,anti American Union,anti new world order,Canada will slip away with the rest of North America. If you are in Canada and you actually want your vote to count check out www.canadianactionparty.ca

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:32 am 
Hear Me Roar!

I cannot disagree with you Rogue. Harper is a Bush man and naturally I am against him.

Globalization is a world wide phenomenon and of course Canada is not immune from these types of things. But, Canada is still a different country than the U.S., at least in terms of values anyway. We have a national health care system and the country was definitely against the Iraq War. Republicans appear like right wing zealots to many Canadians like myself and religion is not such a dominant force in politics. Although Harper and his Conservatives have a Christian base which they must cater to.

During the Mulroney era free trade was introduced between Canada and the United States. The Canadian nationalists were against this agreement. It was a bargain that moved the US and Canada closer together and more integrated. I was against it at the time, but more people think now, I believe, that there are some positive benefits for Canada like more access to US markets. Stephen Harper, in my view, would favour even more integration and seems to favour the imperialistic intentions of the Bush Administration

Jean Chretien the Liberal Prime Minister ( disgraced in scandal however ) was buddies with Bill Clinton. They had something in common. Friends with similar values. And, that is why, generally speaking, Canadians like Democrats versus Republicans. Jean Chretien was shunned by the Bush Regime because he was perceived as being too left wing.

On the political side of things Harper and Bush became friends right away. Invited to the ranch? And, the long standing lumber dispute was given attention by the Bush regime. So, that makes Harper look good. Just politics in my opinion. REad, you be friends with us and we will do things for you. Canada won virtually all the trade dispute issues in courts but was badgered and denied victory. The US can play mean hard ball.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:23 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Just One More Thing.... wrote:
But, Canada is still a different country than the U.S., at least in terms of values anyway. We have a national health care system...

The most wonderful thing about Canada! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:25 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

"The problem we face is that this criminal system has been allowed to flourish for so long unchecked,we (the citizens) are now playing catch up.People are still in the old mind set ,where they believe the left party can fix the damage that the right party got us into, or vice versa,so we get stuck in the orchestrated left or right debate,when in reality both the left and right hand are attached to the same body.In Canada"

I got to agree. My friend calls it the switch game. I think we could put them all in one group and call it the Mafia Party.