It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:32 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: V-DAY.........
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:25 am 

............finally it's here.

ive been ready to vote against this asshole in the oval office again for months.

time to send a message to these neocons that business as usual in the rubberstamp congress is over.

time to put a stop to the corruption that's been the political profile of the party in power since 94.

time to protect our children from pedophiles, namely the leadership of the gop.

time to get the hell out of the middle of a civil war in another country.

time to watch the polling places to make sure our votes are being counted legitimatly.

time to raise the minimum wage.

time to get rid of or at least thoroughly review the key provisions of the patriot act.

time to protect the u.s constitution from being gutted by a wannbe cabbal of neocons who see it as an obstructionist document that is standing in thier way of a complete power grab for 1 party rule and ultimately the dictatorship they've been dreaming of.

i'm pumped and i hope you guys are as well. good luck to the candidates you're supporting in your district. remember, if there's trouble or something that doesn't look right where you vote, don't be afraid to report it.

i hope we have good news to chew the fat on tommorrow. maybe even a little gloating heh, heh!!!!

i'm in full throttle voting mode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:27 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

((((((((rooster!)))))))

Your post is POETIC! I'm primed, too...it's right now almost 6:30 am in my neck of the woods and I'll be leaving for the polling place pretty soon to cast my vote for Heath Shuler for the House. I'll also be voting for several judges, local commissioners, and our own John Snow for the NC State Senate. It's raining and it's cold. Too bad it couldn't have been a day like yesterday...balmy, cloudy, with a wind blowing that was bringing down a lot of the remaining leaves.

Good luck to everyone at TVNL. We've been fighting the Repub monsters for a long, long time, and maybe today we can get back at least a semblance of hope. I watched MSNBC's Scarborough CO last night for awhile. I've never done that, as I can't stand the man, but he and Pat Buchannan were painting a dismal picture for the Repubs today.

May each Repub get exactly what he/she deserves. Would you believe it? I am actually voting for a local Republican commissioner. She's done a very good job in my local area, I've known her personally for many years, and I think her opponent doesn't have half of this woman's integrity.

VOTE!

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:19 am 
Hear Me Roar!

Good luck everyone. I can only echo Rooster's advise to report fraud, etc.

I hope they don't find ways to mess with the polls, but it looks like they have a lot of messing to do since the Democrats look so far advanced.

The Republicans are just modern day thugs who think they can bullshit the people continually. Most thinking Americans know the score already. It is up to everyone else to lift the awareness of those who remain deceived. It is sites like this which are dedicated to that noble aim and I am glad to be part of it. Because from where I sit here in Canada it just looks bad. Real bad. And, could get a lot worse if someone doesn't poke a hole in their balloon real fast.

Post subject: Why your vote matters today
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:09 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

There are many reasons to vote today, but one that we can agree on is the need for oversight.

Vice President Cheney has said that regardless of the election results, Donald Rumsfeld will remain Secretary of Defense and there will be no changes in the policies in Iraq. The hubris of this administration, from its handling of Iraq to its domestic policies, cries for oversight.

I am going out to vote a little later, after working for some local candidates here. So, if I can spend hours canvassing for Tammy Duckworth, you can take a few minutes to vote. Also, if you are involved in monitoring the vote, thanks for your efforts. As Thomas Jefferson said, democracy depends on the participation of informed voters. It also requires oversignt of the election process, and we desperately need oversight for this administration.

Am I worried about what can happen to the vote? Yes. However, I will not let my fears keep me from the polls. For in the end, the best way to face this fear is to confront it, to say that I will not be intimidated, and that I will exercise my right as an American citizen to vote. Many good men and women have marched in the streets or died on battlefields to secure my freedoms. So, let us honor those who have given all to secure our freedoms by voting today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:50 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's always a pleasure to have will in chicago stop by. He's an administrator at the Unfiltered New Network and a very busy person... http://www.unfilterednewsnetwork.com/

Here's CNN's election returns page:

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2006/

CNN just released the first exit polls and, incredibly, corruption was the most important national issue on voters’ minds. Terrorism was No. 2; the economy No. 3; and Iraq No. 4. That’s almost unbelievable. Iraq has been the top issue in the polls for months, if not years.
SOURCE

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:58 pm 

gettin close to 10pm here in 'toona town. gotta hit the sack 3:45am gets here pretty quick.

but...........................................

WE KICKED SANTORUMS FRICKIN ASSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lookin like casey is gonna be the new dem senator from pa. cool or what!

late projections on cnn and msnbc appear to be showin a big blue trend sweepin west.

i'll be back on here in the wee am after i get up before work. hopefully more good news to sweeten the fresh air i hope to breath again tomorrow.

and fresh air for our country as well.

good job guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:08 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

(((((WE love you, rooster)))))...congratulations on ousting Santorum! :D :D :D

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:54 am 

Victory is sweet rooster and justin and sadie and catherine and all who have had votes bring in better people.

Still many races to call...

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:09 am 

man o man, what a sweet way to wake up!

got my fresh cup o joe in front of me.

the dems control the nouse of representatives.

the senate looks very close to tipping our way via missouri and virginia with the dems in very tight leads in both races.

looks like america has spoken and sent the message to the bushicons that your bullshit is over with.

thank god for big blue.

thank god for america.

i can breath little easier today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:14 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Sorry rooster, but I have no doubt that the reps will get Missouri...
imo, Virginia is the only debatable one..
Let's hope.

Either way, at least we got the house.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:59 am 

We need the Senate too. That is where judges are confirmed, and we already have too many young, rightwing yahoo judges!

Keep our fingers crossed.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:44 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

A CAUTIONARY NOTE FOR YOU

Whatever the electoral victories may be do not assume that the Republicans are done. These people never sleep. They are like the 7/11 convenience store - they never close. They are always awake and they are always scheming.

It is now time to be more vigilant than ever. MAKE SURE THE MACHINES CANNOT FUNCTION AGAINST YOU. IN THE FUTURE I MEAN. These people know they lost and they will want to find ways to recapture power. All of the power. And, the road to success for them is contained in those machines. Do not rest on your laurels and do not become complacent. Republicans play hard ball. And, winning is the only thing they know. Defeat is for losers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:59 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Guess I was wrong about Missouri. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:08 am 

we just picked up virginia too.

looks like the icing is actually added to the cake too.

rumsfeld is gone after bush fired him.

an awsome day to see the dems back in power.

a great day i hope for americans and especially the rights they are guaranteed under our constitution.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:04 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

Cath, thanks for the kind words.

Tonight, I feel tired, but it is a good sort of tired. I think we can sleep the sleep of the just before we roll our sleeves up and get back to work.