It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:26 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:48 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 29, 2004 11:46 pm
Posts: 14444
Location: NC
Looks like McCain learned a lot from those attack ads, and liked what he learned...so much that he now has hired the "Call Me" attack producer to be his campaign manager!

McCain taps 'Call Me' attack ad producer to be campaign manager

Mike Sheehan
Published: Thursday December 7, 2006

Sen. John McCain (R-AZ), regarded as a top presidential candidate for the 2008 election, has lined up a controversial attack ad specialist to be his campaign manager, RAW STORY has learned.

Chris Cillizza writes at The Washington Post's political blog, The Fix, that "according to a source close to the McCain operation, the candidate has lined up Terry Nelson to serve as campaign manager," once McCain's campaign becomes official.

Nelson, along with Karl Rove protegé Scott Howell, produced a controversial ad for Tennessee's 2006 U.S. Senate race between Democrat Harold Ford, Jr. and Republican Bob Corker, in which a white woman seductively invites an "off-camera" Ford to call her. Ford, an unmarried African-American, and Corker, the white former mayor of Chattanooga who eventually won the open Senate seat, both criticized the ad. The NAACP said the ad was "a powerful innuendo that plays to pre-existing prejudices about African-American men and white women
."

It's not the only controversy in the career of Nelson, who served as political director of the 2004 Bush-Cheney re-election team.

He was supervisor over James Tobin, the convicted New Hampshire GOP operative who schemed to jam Democratic phone lines in the 2002 election season.

READ MORE HERE

_________________
Image

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:29 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 29, 2004 11:46 pm
Posts: 14444
Location: NC
Giuliani’s Campaign Strategy in the Wild

Jan 3, 2007

gothamgazette.com

Likely presidential candidate Rudy Giuliani’s campaign has soured before it even began, after a strategic black book went missing. The document outlines the former New York mayor’s fundraising plans, as well as his weaknesses, offering an edge to prospective opponents

READ MORE HERE

Image

_________________
Image

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: hahahahahaha
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:12 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
Senior Member

Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:05 pm
Posts: 197
Location: texas
Just One More Thing.... wrote:
Like I said before, I cannot imagine any thinking person EVER voting for a Republican. They just seem so dishonest and anti-American in philosophy and mannerism.

You might as well bring back Dan Quayle. At least we could get some legitimate jokes.

Do you guys get Second City Television? The re-runs, I mean. ? One of the best comedy show ever if my opinion, out of Toronto. Excellent skits and spoofs. It is like Saturday Night Live, except much better, in my opinion of course.

Anyhow, they did a piece about Dan Quayle one time. The scene is George Bush 1 ( the retard's father ) is going out for a night on the town. I guess it was a Saturday night or something. And, he is in his chauffeured limo. And, a thought occurred to the President and in a state of fear or shock he realizes something and says:

" oh my God. I left Dan in charge of the White House "

Don't know if anyone saw that, but it stuck with me.

And, lest we forget. Bush 1 was called the " whimp "


Thinking people are the only ones who vote Republican.

Its stupid to say they are for the rich and against the working class.

If the rich do not have the incentive to create jobs the working class have no job.

So yea for Government who appeases big biz and small biz alike.

Biz is were working class work.

Kept that simple for the so called"thinking" democrats.

_________________
minds are like parachutes. They only work when open.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:18 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
Senior Member

Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:05 pm
Posts: 197
Location: texas
Catherine wrote:
Looks like McCain learned a lot from those attack ads, and liked what he learned...so much that he now has hired the "Call Me" attack producer to be his campaign manager!

McCain taps 'Call Me' attack ad producer to be campaign manager

Mike Sheehan
Published: Thursday December 7, 2006

Sen. John McCain (R-AZ), regarded as a top presidential candidate for the 2008 election, has lined up a controversial attack ad specialist to be his campaign manager, RAW STORY has learned.

Chris Cillizza writes at The Washington Post's political blog, The Fix, that "according to a source close to the McCain operation, the candidate has lined up Terry Nelson to serve as campaign manager," once McCain's campaign becomes official.

Nelson, along with Karl Rove protegé Scott Howell, produced a controversial ad for Tennessee's 2006 U.S. Senate race between Democrat Harold Ford, Jr. and Republican Bob Corker, in which a white woman seductively invites an "off-camera" Ford to call her. Ford, an unmarried African-American, and Corker, the white former mayor of Chattanooga who eventually won the open Senate seat, both criticized the ad. The NAACP said the ad was "a powerful innuendo that plays to pre-existing prejudices about African-American men and white women
."

It's not the only controversy in the career of Nelson, who served as political director of the 2004 Bush-Cheney re-election team.

He was supervisor over James Tobin, the convicted New Hampshire GOP operative who schemed to jam Democratic phone lines in the 2002 election season.

READ MORE HERE



It should'nt hurt him both parties use all kinds of tricks against each other.

here is the first example I found on a simple search


August 13, 2004http://www.allamericanpatriots.com/m-news+article+storyid-2622.html
Nader Campaign Press Release

Washington, DC: Independent Presidential Candidate Ralph Nader today sharply criticized lawyers working in coalition with the Democratic Party, for threatening Nader/Camejo signature gatherers in Oregon. “This is an escalation of the dirty tricks of the Democrats. Threatening signature gatherers with a felony, five years in jail, or a $100,000 fine is a direct attack on the right to petition protected by the Constitution,” said Nader. “The Democrats are showing they have no respect for democracy and will do anything to keep Nader/Camejo off the ballot. They also have no respect for the Constitutional rights to free speech, assembly, and petition when they are used in the electoral arena.”

_________________
minds are like parachutes. They only work when open.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: hahahahahaha
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:40 pm 
Offline
SuperMember!
SuperMember!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:53 am
Posts: 2541
Location: Illinois
carey wrote:

Thinking people are the only ones who vote Republican.

Its stupid to say they are for the rich and against the working class.


Think again sucker!

Quote:
“Here we have the haves and the have mores. Some call you the elite; I call you my base.” —George W. Bush, at a black tie 2000 campaign event.

http://www.rawstory.com/exclusives/aver ... e_1109.htm


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:51 pm 
Offline
SuperMember!
SuperMember!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:53 am
Posts: 2541
Location: Illinois
carey wrote:
Catherine wrote:
Looks like McCain learned a lot from those attack ads, and liked what he learned...so much that he now has hired the "Call Me" attack producer to be his campaign manager!

McCain taps 'Call Me' attack ad producer to be campaign manager

Nelson, along with Karl Rove protegé Scott Howell, produced a controversial ad for Tennessee's 2006 U.S. Senate race between Democrat Harold Ford, Jr. and Republican Bob Corker, in which a white woman seductively invites an "off-camera" Ford to call her. Ford, an unmarried African-American, and Corker, the white former mayor of Chattanooga who eventually won the open Senate seat, both criticized the ad. The NAACP said the ad was "a powerful innuendo that plays to pre-existing prejudices about African-American men and white women[/b]."

It's not the only controversy in the career of Nelson, who served as political director of the 2004 Bush-Cheney re-election team.

He was supervisor over James Tobin, the convicted New Hampshire GOP operative who schemed to jam Democratic phone lines in the 2002 election season.

READ MORE HERE



It should'nt hurt him both parties use all kinds of tricks against each other.


Why am I not surprised that you, an overt racist, support McCain's selection of a campaign manager who produced a blatantly racist ad in order to stir up the Republican redneck base, and who joined with Karl Rove to orchestrate the criminal jamming of phone lines during an election?

John McCain has gone totally over to the criminal, racist, theocratic, imperialistic base of the GOP.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: hahahahahaha
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:52 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
Senior Member

Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:05 pm
Posts: 197
Location: texas
shoeless wrote:
carey wrote:

Thinking people are the only ones who vote Republican.

Its stupid to say they are for the rich and against the working class.


Think again sucker!

Quote:
“Here we have the haves and the have mores. Some call you the elite; I call you my base.” —George W. Bush, at a black tie 2000 campaign event.

http://www.rawstory.com/exclusives/aver ... e_1109.htm


Image



Like I said I kept it simple for the "thinkers"
I think you left out the most important part so here it is again.

If the rich do not have the incentive to create jobs the working class have no job.

So yea for Government who appeases big biz and small biz alike.

Biz is were working class work.

Kept that simple for the so called"thinking" democrats.

_________________
minds are like parachutes. They only work when open.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: ?????
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:54 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
Senior Member

Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:05 pm
Posts: 197
Location: texas
shoeless wrote:
carey wrote:
Catherine wrote:
Looks like McCain learned a lot from those attack ads, and liked what he learned...so much that he now has hired the "Call Me" attack producer to be his campaign manager!

McCain taps 'Call Me' attack ad producer to be campaign manager

Nelson, along with Karl Rove protegé Scott Howell, produced a controversial ad for Tennessee's 2006 U.S. Senate race between Democrat Harold Ford, Jr. and Republican Bob Corker, in which a white woman seductively invites an "off-camera" Ford to call her. Ford, an unmarried African-American, and Corker, the white former mayor of Chattanooga who eventually won the open Senate seat, both criticized the ad. The NAACP said the ad was "a powerful innuendo that plays to pre-existing prejudices about African-American men and white women[/b]."

It's not the only controversy in the career of Nelson, who served as political director of the 2004 Bush-Cheney re-election team.

He was supervisor over James Tobin, the convicted New Hampshire GOP operative who schemed to jam Democratic phone lines in the 2002 election season.

READ MORE HERE



It should'nt hurt him both parties use all kinds of tricks against each other.


Why am I not surprised that you, an overt racist, support McCain's selection of a campaign manager who produced a blatantly racist ad in order to stir up the Republican redneck base, and who joined with Karl Rove to orchestrate the criminal jamming of phone lines during an election?

John McCain has gone totally over to the criminal, racist, theocratic, imperialistic base of the GOP.

Image



Why do you say I am a racist??
And who cares if some dude working on a campaign is a racist.
And who cares if Obama smokes pot and does cocaine??
It did'nt seem to hurt Bush or Clinton.

See thinking people are objective as I was when saying McCain would not be hurt by that.

_________________
minds are like parachutes. They only work when open.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:02 pm 
Offline
Hear Me Roar!

Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:45 am
Posts: 384
Location: Surrey, B.C. Famous for many things
Anonymous wrote:
At this point and time, I'd say McCain is probably the most likely nominee. He's sought it before, has a very recognizable name, is a war-hero (why Vietnam remains a political issue in today's America is beyond me!), is mainstream, has experience in high office, I--think--is perceived as a 'moderate' Republican (which will be a plus in 08), is currently a Senator, and WANTS to be President, is getting older, and probably won't get another chance after 2008 . He was trumped by Bush Jr. in 2000, but I see no other such 'aristocrat' waiting in the wings to displace him for 2008. He might be the best available candidate for the Rs in what may be another difficult election for them in 08.

Quote:
I cannot imagine any thinking person EVER voting for a Republican


So, NO thinking person votes R? Do you seriously believe that? Do you not realize that the MILLIONS of people voting R are saying the same thing about YOU? I can understand your fustration with the current admin and many in Congress/Senate, but do you honestly lob ALL pols who are Rs into the same category as Bush? I will say that, FAR too many have voted the party line, but MANY voted against Patriot Act 2 (just as many Ds voted for it). In the Senate, Rs and Ds voted--almost unanimously--for Patriot Act. What does that tell you? I--rarely--will vote R, just as I will--rarely--vote D, and I consider myself a thinking person (when it comes to politics, at least) who can see beyond labels like "conservative", "liberal", etc.

I think Americans do themselves a great disservice when they identify w/a particular party label. It really does turn politics into an US v. THEM sport-like endeavor, when in reality, WE ALL lose in this type of system. Instead of voting in the greatest interest of the COUNTRY, as a whole, people vote what they perceive is in THEIR personal, best interest.

I live in CA, where Ds hold substantial advantages in the State Legislature and have dominated politics in the state for decades. CA ranks near the bottom in education, is a VERY expensive (not sure how this benefits 'regular Joe's', like me) place to live, has one of the highest tax burdens (again, don't know how this helps working people), hospitals are in horrible shape, infrastructure is crumbling, public debt (which will eat up more and more of the budget as time goes by) is out of control, has more laws per capita (does more rules = more freedom/liberalism?) than any other state, the state capitol is crawling w/lobbyists, state employees unions have formed a sick symbiosis w/Ds to maintain the status quo (RIDICULOUS pay/benefits for state employees/political power for Ds), it is a very restrictive/difficult place for private property owners/businessmen (esp. small-time entrepreneurs), and crime is very high. Yes, it is ranked among top-10 highest GDPs in the world, but the USA is 1st, and I doubt any on this site (I know I DIDN'T) lauded GWB and the GOP these last 6 years.

I'm not picking on Ds, JOMT, and don't think the Rs--as a whole--are any better. I'm illustrating that electing Ds isn't the be-all, end-all solution to our problems. I've had many loyal, D-voting friends/family be forced out of CA due to it becoming a difficult place to afford to live; I'm sure they made no connection between the two. I believe D policy (which, obviously, seems to be supported by a large majority of Californians) has contributed to this. This is why I voted for a R in this last election (Tom McClintock for Lt. Gov): he was on of the few mainstream pols to take a REAL stand against policies that hurt this state, but--predictably--he lost for being too much of a 'right-winger'. Typical of the electorate in this state: they just keep on voting D, regardless of how things keep deteriorating for working-class folks in this state.


A bunch of good points. I guess my main beef with Republicans is that are now associated with all that is bad in America. I wouldn't even know where to start to begin to identify these things. But, since the Nixon days and the Viet Nam War ( I know Johnson's War too ) the Republicans come off as crooks and war mongers. I mean, just look at Watergate and the current administrationl. So much corruption related to the stinking war you can't even begin to catalogue it. But, I identify the Republicans with big government and big spending on war. That does not help the taxpayer who is largely the little guy. These wars benefit the rich who are becoming increasingly more rich. Republicans like war and they extoll the virtues of globalization much more than Dems ( sorry no links to back up, that is just my gut reaction to things. ) Republicans don't like the idea of universal health care. They don't care about illegal immmigration. They don't care about jobs going overseas and people working harder for less. They don't care about the 8trillion plus debt because all of the rich people are benefiting from government spending. It is like a giant drinking bowl for the rich which the little guy is suppose to fill up for them. Republicans, the ones with the real power think differently than me and that is why I am against them.

_________________
My life is full of optimism and I am not going to stop living until I know the answers to all of the important things, like why does love exist.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: hahahahahaha
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:09 pm 
Offline
Hear Me Roar!

Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:45 am
Posts: 384
Location: Surrey, B.C. Famous for many things
carey wrote:
Just One More Thing.... wrote:
Like I said before, I cannot imagine any thinking person EVER voting for a Republican. They just seem so dishonest and anti-American in philosophy and mannerism.

You might as well bring back Dan Quayle. At least we could get some legitimate jokes.

Do you guys get Second City Television? The re-runs, I mean. ? One of the best comedy show ever if my opinion, out of Toronto. Excellent skits and spoofs. It is like Saturday Night Live, except much better, in my opinion of course.

Anyhow, they did a piece about Dan Quayle one time. The scene is George Bush 1 ( the retard's father ) is going out for a night on the town. I guess it was a Saturday night or something. And, he is in his chauffeured limo. And, a thought occurred to the President and in a state of fear or shock he realizes something and says:

" oh my God. I left Dan in charge of the White House "

Don't know if anyone saw that, but it stuck with me.

And, lest we forget. Bush 1 was called the " whimp "


Thinking people are the only ones who vote Republican.

Its stupid to say they are for the rich and against the working class.

If the rich do not have the incentive to create jobs the working class have no job.

So yea for Government who appeases big biz and small biz alike.

Biz is were working class work.

Kept that simple for the so called"thinking" democrats.


Carey,

I gotta hand it to you for coming on board and tackling with us. But, I don't like like Republicans. See my general comment above.

I like your header too. Parachutes are like minds, they only work when they are open. Are you sure are not a Democrat?

_________________
My life is full of optimism and I am not going to stop living until I know the answers to all of the important things, like why does love exist.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: hahahahahaha
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:14 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
Senior Member

Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:05 pm
Posts: 197
Location: texas
Just One More Thing.... wrote:
carey wrote:
Just One More Thing.... wrote:
Like I said before, I cannot imagine any thinking person EVER voting for a Republican. They just seem so dishonest and anti-American in philosophy and mannerism.

You might as well bring back Dan Quayle. At least we could get some legitimate jokes.

Do you guys get Second City Television? The re-runs, I mean. ? One of the best comedy show ever if my opinion, out of Toronto. Excellent skits and spoofs. It is like Saturday Night Live, except much better, in my opinion of course.

Anyhow, they did a piece about Dan Quayle one time. The scene is George Bush 1 ( the retard's father ) is going out for a night on the town. I guess it was a Saturday night or something. And, he is in his chauffeured limo. And, a thought occurred to the President and in a state of fear or shock he realizes something and says:

" oh my God. I left Dan in charge of the White House "

Don't know if anyone saw that, but it stuck with me.

And, lest we forget. Bush 1 was called the " whimp "


Thinking people are the only ones who vote Republican.

Its stupid to say they are for the rich and against the working class.

If the rich do not have the incentive to create jobs the working class have no job.

So yea for Government who appeases big biz and small biz alike.

Biz is were working class work.

Kept that simple for the so called"thinking" democrats.


Carey,

I gotta hand it to you for coming on board and tackling with us. But, I don't like like Republicans. See my general comment above.

I like your header too. Parachutes are like minds, they only work when they are open. Are you sure are not a Democrat?


well actually when I realized this was a democrat propganda board and it was heavily sensored so that the reader would not be allowed to see facts posted I made it a mission until the evil that will not allow free speach removes me to get as nuch truth out as possible to this small group.

But me demoncrat nevr.

_________________
minds are like parachutes. They only work when open.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ?????
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:53 am 
Offline
SuperMember!
SuperMember!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:53 am
Posts: 2541
Location: Illinois
carey wrote:
Why do you say I am a racist??
And who cares if some dude working on a campaign is a racist.


Oh, possibly I say you are a racist because of your repeated posts of hate filled fascist rhetoric against those not of your race.

As an overt racist, you obviously would not care that John McCain has hired another overt racist as his campaign manager. In fact, I'm sure that you celebrate such employment of this lowest of scum by John McCain in the hope that he will rally the knuckledragging redneck base of the Republican party with even more racist ads to defeat Barak Obama in 2008.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:52 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 29, 2004 11:46 pm
Posts: 14444
Location: NC
carey's signature actually says it all...particularly about his way of thinking.

Quote:
minds are like parachutes. They only work when open.


Minds may be open, but they only work when their brains haven't fallen out. Bush supporters have lost their ability to think long ago, especially if they're still supporting Bush at this late juncture.

REQUIRED READING FOR BUSH SUPPORTERS

BUSH'S LIES

Image

_________________
Image

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: LOL
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:24 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
Senior Member

Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:05 pm
Posts: 197
Location: texas
Catherine wrote:
carey's signature actually says it all...particularly about his way of thinking.

Quote:
minds are like parachutes. They only work when open.


Minds may be open, but they only work when their brains haven't fallen out. Bush supporters have lost their ability to think long ago, especially if they're still supporting Bush at this late juncture.

REQUIRED READING FOR BUSH SUPPORTERS

BUSH'S LIES

Image


I love the cartoons I wish I knew how to get them off the best site on the web for them .

www.GOPFUN.com

TOOOO FUNNY!!!!

Thanks
Carey

_________________
minds are like parachutes. They only work when open.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:15 pm 
Offline
SuperMember!
SuperMember!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:18 pm
Posts: 1485
Location: Left Coast
for someone who claims to be on many forums, you haven't learned anything about how to post ON them, have you...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

poah scarey... can't find his way out of the paper bag stuck on his head...

_________________
My Pep Talk For Lefties and Lurkers


I cannot teach anybody anything,
I can only make them think.

~~ Socrates


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Blue Moon by Trent © 2007
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group