It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:46 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:44 am 

More on Gingrich:

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/2007/10/your_futuristic.html

Is the video as odd as it is depicted?

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:10 am 

From an email: Dear activists, colleagues and friends,

We have been deep in research, interviews and editing (23 versions!) about Rudy's failure to fix the radios the firemen used to communicate on 9/11. It is as deeply troubling a story as we have seen. Rudy is running for office on how he handled 9/11 and here we have proof positive that firemen were killed because his administration did not fix the long-standing (since 1993!) problems with the radios.

Watch the video: http://TheRealRudy.org/radios?utm_source=rgemail

This BNF investigative report calls attention to four key questions about Rudy's handling of the broken radios from firemen's families and experts:

Why was nothing done to improve FDNY radio performance for seven years after a clear need was demonstrated in the 1993 World Trade Center attack?

When new radios were finally ordered, why did the city block other companies besides Motorola from bidding on the contract?

Once Motorola was given the contract, why did its cost jump from $1.4 million to $14 million?

Why were these new radios never tested?

These questions should and must be investigated. New York City councilman Eric Gioia has the power to begin an investigation. If we can garner enough attention and signers, we have a major opportunity to help launch an investigation.
Sign the petition: http://TheRealRudy.org/radios?utm_source=rgemail

Please take a careful look at your email address book and see how many people you can send this onto with a note from you. This is democracy in action and we need each and every one of you to help.

Robert Greenwald, Cliff Schecter, Jason Zaro and everyone at Brave New Films

--
Brave New Films is located at 10510 Culver Blvd., Culver City, CA 90232 and info@bravenewfilms.org.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject: Thompson Cites Openly Pro-Imperialism Author
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:40 am 

Thompson Cites Openly Pro-Imperialism Author

Quote:
At the FRC gathering today, Fred Thompson approvingly quoted the words of one Andrew Roberts, a right-wing British historian who has been hosted at the White House by President Bush and has dined with Vice President Cheney and Karl Rove — and whose writings are quite literally an apologia for 19th and early 20th-century imperialism, concentration camps, and massacres of indigenous peoples.

Roberts, for those of you who don't know, was described in a New Republic article six months ago as "a man with links to white supremacism, whose book is not a history but an ahistorical catalogue of apologies and justifications for mass murder that even blames the victims of concentration camps for their own deaths."

For example, Roberts spoke in 2001 before the Springbok Club, an organization that flies the flag of apartheid South Africa at its meetings, and praised the organization as "the heir to previous imperial achievements." Additionally, his book contains a justification for the Amritsar massacre that killed an estimated 379 Indians under British rule in 1919, on the grounds that afterwards, "it was not necessary for another shot to be fired throughout the region."

Thompson seems to be saying that he's read Roberts' book, and agrees with it. "You know, a fellow by the name of Roberts wrote a book not too long ago called The History of the English-Speaking Peoples Since 1900," Thompson said admiringly. "And there's one thing in there that stuck out to me that I remember. And that is, he says, the will of a people is at least as important as their military might in overcoming an enemy."

This is a short article, so I have posted the entire thing. Its worth going to the link though, because they have the actual video of the speech to watch.

http://tpmelectioncentral.com/2007/10/t ... oberts.php

Post subject: Republican White House hopefuls woo Christian right
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:51 am 

Republican White House hopefuls woo Christian right

Quote:
Republican White House hopefuls Friday tried to convert skeptical Christian conservatives to their causes, wooing a crucial party power base taking a dim view of the party's 2008 line-up.

In a field lacking a clear standard bearer for the mighty "religious right," Republican candidates waded into pulpit politics at a "Values Voter Summit" as they sprint to their first nominating contest in Iowa in 75 days.

The influence of social conservatives is being tested by former New York mayor Rudolph Giuliani, who leads national polls despite angering evangelicals with his three marriages, and liberal stands on abortion and gay wedlock.

Former actor and senator Fred Thompson, hoping to be anointed for the vacant position of champion of conservatives, sparked a standing ovation when he said he would seek divine blessing, in his first hour as president.

"I would go into the Oval Office, and close the door, and pray for the wisdom to know what was right," said the star of crime drama "Law and Order."

http://rawstory.com/news/afp/Republican ... 92007.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:08 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Ok - so i am sick. My brother says I have the "need to know my enemies' syndrome.

Did anyone watch the Republican debates last night from Florida?

This wasn't a debate. This was a Democrat bashing party!

They spent a good 30 minutes letting everyone of the candidates tell why they would make a better president than Hillary. Then it became a bash Hillary party!

I don't even like her - but my God - this was horrible. I would almost want her to win just to watch those people cry.

You could not find 2 brain cells in that whole auditorium to rub together.

It was a hand picked audience. They booed on cue. Applauded on cue.

It was awful!!!

I finally HAD to change the channel to keep from throwing up. Is that many people in this country really so stupid they couldn't see what was going on?

CORPORATE MEDIA = MASS MIND CONTROL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:32 pm 

Remember they don't want or have a true democracy. They work from the basis that the hand picked audience are the only ones whose votes are counted. When new voter registration drives were successful was the turning point in making sure only the 'proper' votes were counted.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:47 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quote:
When new voter registration drives were successful was the turning point in making sure only the 'proper' votes were counted.

I was one of those improper votes that didn't count. I was told to put my ballot in the provisional box.

The only thing "improper" about me was I was registered as a democrat in a very, very republican county. The county I live in actually made national news!

Found out later that none of the provisional ballots were ever counted. First time in 32 years I know "for sure" my vote meant absolutely NOTHING. Mine and thousands of others and you can bet they were not for Bush.

CORPORATE MEDIA = MASS MIND CONTROL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:31 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
Found out later that none of the provisional ballots were ever counted. First time in 32 years I know "for sure" my vote meant absolutely NOTHING. Mine and thousands of others and you can bet they were not for Bush

That is absolutely unacceptable, yet very little was actually done about it from the camp of John Kerry. He was such a wimp when it came to fighting the Ohio count like Al Gore fought the Florida count.

I'm afraid our votes won't count in 2008, either...for a variety of reasons.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:42 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thompson finds reason to discuss Schiavo case

These Repubs will pull out anything to talk about when they try to avoid the real issues!

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:29 am 

:pukeleft: :pukeright:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:54 pm 

Quote:
In his public life, former Senator Fred D. Thompson has long refrained from speaking about the death of his daughter from an accidental drug overdose in 2002, . . .

Toxicology tests ordered by the medical examiner showed that Ms. Panici had six times the lethal level of hydrocodone, a painkiller, in her blood when she arrived at the hospital, according the Tennessean report.

I don't what is worse.

1. Cashing in on Schiavo case.

2. Ignoring mental health issues; his daughter was bipolar. Majority of bipolar sufferers got it naturally through genetics. I wonder if Fred? . . . Naw, he wouldn't be running without letting the public know he had dealt with any issues like that. Anybody remember McGovern's original running mate, Eagleton?

3. Pandering to the idea that this suicide was accidental. One doesn't get four times the lethal amount by accident.

4. The media believing the two were equivalent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:51 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:14 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

ABC: Giuliani 'defending and protecting' predator priest?

This morning on ABC's Good Morning America, Brian Ross reported on a priest who is a Giuliani employee and has been accused of molesting teenage boys.

A report from ABC News says, "Presidential candidate Rudolph Giuliani hired a Catholic priest to work in his consulting firm months after the priest was accused of sexually molesting two former students and an altar boy and told by the church to stop performing his priestly duties."

"The priest, Monsignor Alan Placa, a longtime friend of Giuliani and the priest who officiated at his second wedding to Donna Hanover, continues to work at Giuliani Partners in New York, to the outrage of some of his accusers and victims' groups, which have begun to protest at Giuliani campaign events. "

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:27 pm 

Catherine wrote:
"The priest, Monsignor Alan Placa, a longtime friend of Giuliani and the priest who officiated at his second wedding to Donna Hanover, continues to work at Giuliani Partners in New York, to the outrage of some of his accusers and victims' groups, which have begun to protest at Giuliani campaign events. "

One might also wonder how much influence the Monsignor had getting an annulment of Giuliani's first marriage. Annulment is the euphemism that the Catholic Church uses because of its official no divorce stance. The annulment would have been necessary for the second marriage to be sanctioned by the Catholic Church.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:35 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

When this priest needed employment, he gets his back scratched and then he scratches Rudy's...or vice versa...was Rudy ever an alter boy? :twisted:

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next