It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:06 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:44 am 

Pollster: GOP women will support Clinton

Quote:
WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton 's top strategist predicted Thursday that up to a quarter of Republican women could support Clinton in the presidential contest — a claim that later drew sharp rebukes from the rival campaigns of Barack Obama and Rudy Giuliani.
ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Penn, Clinton's senior adviser and pollster, told reporters that private surveys suggested about 24 percent of Republican women could vote for Clinton because of "the emotional element of potentially having the first woman nominee."

Penn's claim that Clinton would win the support of GOP women was flatly challenged by Obama pollster Joel Benenson in an e-mail to reporters.

"Penn's assertion is entirely baseless and refuted by a number of public polls. Moreover, these polls also indicate sizable defection among Democratic women should Sen. Clinton be the nominee," Benenson said. "While it may not be her fault, Clinton appears to be as polarizing a figure as ever, showing the least crossover appeal of any of the Democratic candidates."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071019/ap_ ... DhJNCs0NUE

What do you guys think? Will Hillary get women Repub votes?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:59 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Why do I feel like the game is being played out?

I can't find ANY women saying they will vote for Hillary - let alone R's. I can't find anyone who doesn't HATE her. Yet.....I bet she will be the next president.

Just look at all the comments on any of the forums. No one is supporting her.

CORPORATE MEDIA = MASS MIND CONTROL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:14 pm 

Sadie, I was thinking THE EXACT SAME THING. Every fricken time I turn on the TV they say that Hillary is the front runner for Dems, yet, NO where ever do I see people who actually claim to support Hillary.

I did hear a very interesting theory on this, (I cannot remember where) that said the whole reason HIllary is being pushed is to mobilize the conservatives that would not vote this next election because they are so disillusioned with the repub party, saying that the idea of HIllary is so alarming that people (conservatives) will vote for whatever republican just to keep Hillary from winning.

If this is the case, and it certainly sounds about right, its totally fucked up and completely shows that the whole point of MSM is to propagate the conservative agenda.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:20 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I think Hillary will be the Dem Nominee because MSM says so. Even is she receives zero votes, she is going to win. Geezzzzzzzz I hope I am wrong.

CORPORATE MEDIA = MASS MIND CONTROL

Post subject: Hilary Clinton
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:38 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

I personally do not see any Democrat getting a majourity of GOP votes.

The majourity of these people have been so brain washed, they would consider it a cardinal sin to cast a vote outside their own political party. They do not have the ability to see the forest for the trees. Noone has told them its okay to cross their party line. So many Rebublicans will try their best to buy votes for their candidate.

She will get some votes simply because she is a woman, but I don't thinks it will be enough to matter. Personally, she scares me, I would like to know her ties with China. There is more there than meets the eye.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:20 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Edwards Warns of 'Corporate Democrats'

Quote:
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Democrat John Edwards blamed Bill Clinton's administration Saturday for trade agreements unpopular with labor unions and warned against electing "corporate Democrats."

The Democratic presidential hopeful, speaking to union carpenters, tied rival Hillary Rodham Clinton to the business interests that unions claim were served by her husband's trade liberalization, to the detriment of workers.

Edwards described the North American Free Trade Agreement as a blow to the middle class that President Clinton put in place while the first lady was failing in her mission to reform health care.

"In the 1990s, we didn't get universal health care, which we needed," he said. "We got NAFTA, which we didn't need.

"I think we've been asking the wrong questions about these proposed trade deals," he added. "The question seems to have been, 'Is this trade deal good for the profits of big multinational corporations?'"

Edwards said his administration would ask, "Is this trade deal good for jobs and for working, middle-class America?"

The former North Carolina senator says he would renegotiate the 1993 deal that lowered trade barriers among the U.S., Canada and Mexico.

I wonder how the reference to NAFTA will sound to American workers over the long run. It might help Edwards get a few more of their votes...

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:29 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

EDWARDS: STAND UP TO WAR WITH IRAN

CORNING, IA -- At his first event today Edwards told an audience here that Democrats need to stand up to efforts to go to war with Iran. He again ran down the Senate vote a few weeks ago in which Biden and Dodd voted against declaring the Iranian Revolutionary Guard a terrorist organization, but Clinton voted in favor. Today, the Bush Administration designated the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps as a proliferator of weapons of mass destruction and of the elite Quds Force as a supporter of terrorism

"You cannot give Bush and Cheney this kind of authority," Edwards said. "And here are the consequences. The consequences are, today the administration declared the Iranian Revolutionary Guard a terrorist organization. And they said they’re also proliferating weapons of mass destruction. So here we go again. Sounds familiar, doesn’t it?”

Edwards also took aim at Romney, who told a New Hampshire voter that he would consider military action in Iran.

“And then I listened to Romney yesterday," Edwards said, "a Republican who’s running for president, talking about Iran, and he said, among other things, he’d be willing to bombard Iran. You know, you expect that from Republicans, but the Democrats don’t need to be helping."

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:06 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

[url=http://money.aol.com/news/articles/_a/kucinich-takes-iowa-new-hampshire-and-45/n20071107200009990242]Kucinich Takes Iowa, New Hampshire and 45 Other states in National Grassroots Democrat Poll
[/url]

WASHINGTON, Nov. 7 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Ohio Congressman Dennis Kucinich topped all other Democratic Presidential candidates in 47 of 50 states in the first nationwide poll of grassroots, activist Democrats, according to final figures released today by the Howard Dean-founded Democracy for America (DFA) political action committee.

In Iowa and New Hampshire, widely regarded as bellwether states because of their early positions in balloting, Kucinich scored stunning victories over former Senator John Edwards, Senator Barack Obama, and touted front-runner Senator Hillary Clinton.

In Iowa, Kucinich captured more than 24% of the vote from among nine Democratic candidates, including write-in Al Gore, coming in ahead of second-place Edwards and third-place Obama. In New Hampshire, the first in the nation primary election, Kucinich scored almost 34% of the votes, more than Edwards and Obama combined.

In the only three states in which he was not the top vote-getter - South Carolina, Illinois, and Washington - Kucinich came in a close second.

"Democrats who really care about the future of our Party and our nation sent a very strong message with their votes in the DFA poll," said Kucinich, whose national and state-by-state poll results have been moving upward recently. "They saw through the media hype, the millions of advertising dollars, the inconsistencies in other candidates' positions, and they voted their hearts and their consciences."

"Democrats are telling the candidates and the nation that they want the war in Iraq ended now. They want to stop the insanity that is leading us into another war in Iran. They want real health care reform, and they want a candidate who is willing to challenge the Bush Administration's Constitutional abuses to our civil liberties that are being condoned and advanced by the Democrat-controlled Congress," Kucinich said. "The impeachment of Dick Cheney is a factor," Kucinich said, "but this balloting began and ended before impeachment became a hot issue."

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:20 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Clinton tacks right at left-leaning forums

DES MOINES, Iowa — The Democratic candidates for president were pressed from the left in two events in Iowa Saturday and Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton emerged slightly, but noticeably, as the most conservative in the field.

On issues ranging from drug crimes to immigration to relations with Cuba, Clinton took heat from liberal audiences for refusing — on emotionally charged issues — to tell them what they wanted to hear.

Her stances could be read as a mark that she, like her husband, is the centrist of the race; or as an attempt to protect herself from Republican attacks in a general election.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:48 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

[url=http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/20071204_iowa_will_make_or_break_for_edwards/]Iowa Will Make or Break Edwards
[/url]

Standing before a large American flag, the former North Carolina senator insists that the country shouldn’t “trade a crowd of corporate Republicans for a crowd of corporate Democrats.”

As the news about the battle for the Democratic presidential nomination focuses on the increasingly bitter confrontation between Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, Edwards is fighting for survival. He knows his fate hinges on a strong showing in the Iowa caucuses that are now less than a month away. He will be out of the race if he runs third.

If Edwards fades, supporters of all three candidates agree that his backers are more likely to drift to Obama than to Clinton. Yet if Edwards gains ground, he could push either Clinton or Obama into third place—crippling one of them.

The Iowa polls suggest that this is Obama’s time. Over the weekend, The Des Moines Register released a survey showing the Illinois senator with 28 percent to Clinton’s 25 percent and Edwards’ 23 percent. Obama was up six points from the paper’s last poll, conducted in October. Clinton was down four, and Edwards held steady. A Pew/Associated Press poll released Monday still put Clinton on top, but interviewing for the survey began in early November.

I'd like to see an Edwards-Kucinich ticket.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:32 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

From Democracy Now headlines today-
http://www.democracynow.org/2007/12/13/headlines

Kucinich Barred from Democratic Debate in Iowa
Quote:
In campaign news, Congressmember and Democratic hopeful Dennis Kucinich has been excluded from today’s Democratic presidential debate in Iowa. Debate sponsor the Des Moines Register told Kucinich he isn’t eligible because he doesn’t meet local requirements on a local campaign office and paid staff. Kucinich’s Iowa field director works out of a home office. The most recent poll of likely Democratic voters shows Kucinich has one percent support in Iowa—the same as Senator Chris Dodd. Nationally, Kucinich has two percent support—the same as Bill Richardson and Senator Joe Biden. Dodd, Richardson and Biden are all taking part in today’s debate. In a statement, the Kuncinich campaign called the exclusion “arbitrary and unreasonable”, saying: “[If] the Register has decided to use hair-splitting technicalities to exclude the leading voice of the Democratic wing of the Democratic Party, the entire process is suspect.”

That last line might say it all. Hope you saw the republican debate yesterday and saw their fine bottom end candidate Alan Keyes. :roll:

Wow, I really wanted to witness that meltdown over and over again! What are people afraid of? Kucinich isn't a threat to sanity like Keyes and most of these candidates are. Surely they are just preparing US to removing the excess from the voters view to limit choice here.

This is a farce of a display from America from both the left and the right- is this the best you've got to run things as usual for those who really rule? We're in big trouble!

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:00 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

This sounds very good coming from one of the Democratic candidates I could support if nominated.

[url=http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/02/us/politics/02edwards.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin]Edwards Calls for Quick End to Iraq Training Effort
[/url]

EDWARDS says that if elected president he would withdraw the American troops who are training the Iraqi army and police as part of a broader plan to remove virtually all American forces within 10 months.

Quote:
Mr. Edwards’s plan calls for immediately withdrawing 40,000 to 50,000 troops. Nearly all of the remaining American troops would be removed within 9 or 10 months. The only force that would remain would be a 3,500-to-5,000-strong contingent that would protect the American Embassy and possibly humanitarian workers.

Over the past five years, Mr. Edwards’s position on Iraq has undergone a substantial evolution. In 2002, as a senator, Mr. Edwards was among the Democrats who voted to authorize the use of force in Iraq. Mr. Edwards has said he was convinced by the intelligence that Saddam Hussein controlled stocks of unconventional weapons, but in the Senate speech explaining his vote he also endorsed the Bush administration’s argument that a new democratic Iraq “could serve as a model for the entire Arab world.”

In November 2005, Mr. Edwards wrote an op-ed article for The Washington Post entitled “The Right Way in Iraq,” in which he argued that his earlier vote to authorize the use of force in Iraq was a mistake, while making the point that it was still important to provide American troops with “a way to end their mission honorably.”

Toward this end, Mr. Edwards called at the time for establishing a more effective program to train Iraqi troops and channeling reconstruction work to Iraqis instead of American contractors. While he called for removing a significant number of American forces, he also emphasized that the withdrawals should be “a gradual process.”

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Ah yes- fluid modernity in action again
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:43 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Kucinich is backing the warmongers and avoiding Edwards-

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/01/0 ... 79088.html

Oh well, same old same old. :roll:

These neo-cons-libs never give up!

Are we sure L doesn't stand for LOSER and R for REDUNDANCY? What kind of games are they playing now?

With what Catherine posted about elections today and how caucuses decide presidential candidates, this is as ridiculous as the electoral college. Politics is a childish pretend game in the playgrounds sandcastles, that can have very serious consequences. Sand can get in your eyes and you have to run home to your mommies crying your eyes clean. :cry: :roll:

Oh well, as long as we're amused, we can feel just like THE ARISTOCRATS! Nothing we do really matters does it? They pick who they want anyway.

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:24 am 

I was very disappointed Kucinich threw his support behind Obama. He backed Edwards in 2004.

Edwards might not follow the promises he has made but what else do we have to go on? He is saying the right things--he has my vote.

No, I don't think he wants to have me in for a tea party like the Rs thought Bush would just love to have a beer with them. I am interested in people who will actually butt heads with special interests. If anyone would do that, I think Edwards would.

And yes, I do know about the hedge funds.

I would rather have faith in there being people who do actually care about 'the people' as Kennedy and Sanders do, than have faith in evil overtaking everything and everyone.

Kucinich is on Air America as I type this. He said he didn't throw his support behind Obama, just said to vote Obama as a second choice in Iowa, period. He sounds like he is still very much in the running.

And now we have Mike Gravel. I love Air America!

On Edit: http://www.gravel2008.us/

Visit the site. Try to get him on the ballot in your state.

He makes so much sense--yes I know he is raw and unpolished but he makes a lot of sense too. He just blasted wasting land and water to make ethanol when putting a string of windmills across the center of the country would help farmers more and not be wasteful.

Diamond in the rough. If I had something to give, I would send him a few bucks. For now I will just try to get him on New York's primary ballot.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:46 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Who will be the choices in Iowa tonight? (I was running through the channels awhile ago and CNN's awful talking head Wolf Blitzer ( :pukeright: ) was crowing about how "they" had polled people as they went INTO their voting places rather than as they were coming out.

My guess: Clinton, Obama, and Edwards

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next