It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:19 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hillary the Favorite ..
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:28 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Hillary the Favorite in Race for Jewish Donations
Biden, Obama Expected to Make Some Inroads.
http://www.forward.com/articles/hillary ... donations/

New York’s junior senator, Hillary Rodham Clinton, is expected to snare the lion’s share of the Jewish community’s substantial political donations in the race for the 2008 Democratic presidential nomination.

Democratic activists and operatives said Clinton will pull in large quantities of cash among Jewish donors not only because of what they described as her strong positions on Israel and domestic matters of interest to Jews, but also because of longtime ties with these activists dating back to her husband’s administration.

The haul is important: Strategists say that serious candidates will need to raise at least $50 million — and probably more like $100 million — by the end of the year. They say that money from Jewish donors constitutes about half the donations given to national Democratic candidates (an extremely large pot of gelt long coveted by the GOP).

Clinton will get most of the Jewish community’s money, “first, because she’s going to receive the lion’s share of all [Democratic] political money, and second, because she and her husband are enormously popular with the Jewish community,” said Democratic strategist Steve Rabinowitz, a Clinton supporter.

Rabinowitz, who also “has been helpful” to former North Carolina senator John Edwards, said that “sexy guy” Illinois Senator Barack Obama and Delaware Senator Joseph Biden — “an extremely well-known quantity” to Jews — among others, would get “a piece” of Jewish largesse. But “it just won’t compare to what she gets.” >--Continued-->
http://www.forward.com/articles/hillary ... donations/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:30 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

HERE IS A SOURCE OF INFORMATION ABOUT THE DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATES

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:31 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

CLINTON TO ANTIWAR VOTERS: BRING IT ON

By Amy Goodman

Quote:
Hillary Clinton is a once and future warrior. Campaign events in New Hampshire suggest the majority antiwar electorate has problems with her vote for the Iraq war and with her position on Iran.

On Feb. 10, New Hampshire resident Roger Tilton asked Sen. Clinton at a town hall meeting: “I want to know if right here, right now, once and for all and without nuance, you can say that war authorization was a mistake.”

Clinton responded: “Well, I have said, and I will repeat it, that knowing what I know now, I never would have voted for it. ... The mistakes were made by this president who misled this country and this Congress into a war that should not have been waged
.”

Why can't she simply say, "Yes, I made the mistake of voting for this war. I voted for it because of the lies told by George W. Bush. I believed them at the time. Knowing what I know now, I would never have voted for it." Too bad she doesn't have the necessary courage to say that. I'd think a lot more of her as a person and as a prospective POTUS if she would.

Trying to behave like GWB in her stance on the war will only make her less and less liked....and trusted. I think it's a stupid move for her to make.

Amy Goodman ends her report in this way:

Quote:
And then there’s Ralph Nader. He admits that there are good antiwar candidates but says that if Clinton wins the Democratic nomination, he will be more likely to run.

Sen. Clinton has drawn the line in the sand over Iraq. She will not admit that her vote to authorize Bush to use military force in a unilateral, unprovoked war based on lies was a mistake. She is open to a military strike on Iran. Her latest message to voters: “There are others to choose from.” Antiwar voters already know that, and are lining up behind candidates Barack Obama, John Edwards, Dennis Kucinich and, perhaps before long, Ralph Nader

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:59 pm 

Oh please no, not Ralph Nader. I know there are Nader supporters on here, but I am not one of them.

Anyone who takes money from the Republicans is not someone I want to have in office.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:56 am 

Ralph Nader will run against a turtle, just to say, "I'm in race to make some money for me to live on for a while." This wild ass jerk never had a real thought in his lousy life. Never learned how to drive an automobile, and I'm willing to bet the ranch, never learned how to have sex.. And with that, never had the urge to try it...

He will run again... he needs his followers to pay his way for another four years...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:52 am 

:laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:25 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

dori wrote:
Anyone who takes money from the Republicans is not someone I want to have in office.

You mean Dems?

there'll allways be Ralphy and his Green Party philosophy. I think the Greens have some viable concerns that I don't think the Dems are really able to address. I still support the Dems.

I think the repubs could find their votes a little more stratified. I hope. You've got the Ron Paul anti-war repubs against the Bush supporters. You've got religious vote against the not-so-religious. Giuliani vs. Thompson or Romney.

I'd like to see Giuliani cast more as the liberal repub and pitted against the conservative, christian repubs. A battle worth watching.

I haven't used this screen name elsewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:13 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

[url=http://www.truthdig.com/eartotheground/item/20070814_hillary_clinton_vs_the_white_house/]Hillary Clinton vs. the White House
[/url]

A new Clinton campaign ad has the White House crying foul, and Clinton crying “Tough!” The commercial features the candidate saying that struggling families and troops are “invisible” to the president. Deputy press secretary Dana Perino said the claim is “outrageous” and that “it is unconscionable that a member of Congress would say such a thing,” which prompted this retort from Clinton: “Not only have I said it and am saying it, I will keep saying it because I happen to believe it.”

It's nice to see Hillary standing up to the Bushies for once, but I'm not so sure that it'll last.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:24 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I'm not so sure I like Hillary's pro nuke stance. I'm not sure I like her wishy-washyness over the years on when to use nukes.

Hillary's Pro-Nuclear Stance
Quote:
By Robert Scheer, Truthdig. Posted August 15, 2007.

So what if Clinton is pro-choice and a woman if the price of proving her capacity to be commander in chief is that we end up with an American version of Margaret Thatcher.

What in the world was Sen. Hillary Clinton thinking when she attacked Sen. Barack Obama for ruling out the use of nuclear weapons in going after Osama bin Laden? And why aren't her supporters more concerned about yet another egregious example of Clinton's consistent backing for the mindless militarism that is dragging this nation to ruin?

So what that she is pro-choice and a woman if the price of proving her capacity to be commander in chief is that we end up with an American version of Margaret Thatcher?

In response to the 9/11 hijackers, armed with weapons no more sophisticated than $3 box cutters, American military spending, with Senate Armed Services Committee member Clinton's enthusiastic support, has catapulted beyond Cold War levels.

Sen. Clinton has treated the military budget as primarily a pork-barrel target of opportunity for jobs and profit in New York state, supports increased money for missile defense and every other racket the military-industrial complex comes up with, and still feels no obligation to repudiate her vote for the disastrous Iraq war.

I haven't used this screen name elsewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:14 am 

Channel Zero wrote:
dori wrote:

You mean Dems?

there'll allways be Ralphy and his Green Party philosophy. I think the Greens have some viable concerns that I don't think the Dems are really able to address. I still support the Dems.

I think the repubs could find their votes a little more stratified. I hope. You've got the Ron Paul anti-war repubs against the Bush supporters. You've got religious vote against the not-so-religious. Giuliani vs. Thompson or Romney.

I'd like to see Giuliani cast more as the liberal repub and pitted against the conservative, christian repubs. A battle worth watching.

I mean Ralph Nader and for that matter, the Green Party. Nader isn't the only one they took R money from to run their race against the Dems.

I am not a Democrat, but I do vote for the Democratic party.