It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:51 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ohio Election Workers Sentenced for 2004 Rigging
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:52 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

[url=http://www.truthdig.com/eartotheground/item/20070314_ohio_election_workers_sentenced_for_2004_rigging/]Ohio Election Workers Sentenced for 2004 Rigging
[/url]

Mar 14, 2007

Jacqueline Maiden and Kathleen Dreamer were each sentenced to 18 months for rigging a ballot recount in Ohio after the 2004 election. The judge seemed to agree that there may have been a conspiracy to defraud the voters, saying, “I can’t help but feel there’s more to this story.” According to the Brad Blog, had John Kerry won just six more votes in each of the state’s precincts, he would be president.

READ MORE AT THE LINK.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:16 am 

WOW! So good to have at least two people pay a smidgen--while the entire country pays with all it has.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:50 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

dori wrote:
WOW! So good to have at least two people pay a smidgen--while the entire country pays with all it has.

It's too bad the entire country isn't paying attention to this story with all it has. Of course, in November 2004, this was all just considered a "liberal conspiracy theory". The Republican fascists ridiculed anyone who brought up the fact that there were over 57,000 separate complaints about the election in Ohio, while the corporate owned news media made a conscious decision to ignore the story. Now that people are finally starting to go to jail for stealing the election, no one notices because it's "old news". After all, we have much more important issues these days, like the singers on American Idol forgetting the lyrics, and Brittany Spears is out of rehab again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:47 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I agree with both of you, shoe and dori. I'm sure these two little peons are just the small tip of the very large iceberg of corruption that cost John Kerry the presidency in 2004 and Al Gore the presidency in 2000.

I find it amazing and very scary that the American people don't seem to care that there's a psychotic pretender living in the White House, and that he will continue to do so until January of 2009 if he's not impeached. Nor do they seem to care one whit that this psychotic pretender is making Commander-in-Chief decisions that are costing the lives of our troops and that of Iraqi citizens 24/7.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:19 am 

I have said it again and again. This is what we saw in Germany in the 30s and we couldn't understand how the German people couldn't see it.

Now we see it in people in the United States and I still don't understand. I know rightwing media is a big part of it, but can people be so dense they never question?

I have had numerous conversations with local people and they back Bush wholeheartedly. Listen to people who call into C-Span. So many sound like my neighbors.

And if there are any problems in the States, it is all Clinton's fault...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:33 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Forced resignations and stiff prison sentences intensify the escalating blowback from Ohio's 2004 stolen election

by Bob Fitrakis & Harvey Wasserman

Quote:
In a bold move "to restore trust to elections in Ohio," Ohio's newly-elected Secretary of State, Jennifer Brunner, has requested the resignation of all four members of the Cuyahoga County Board of Elections. The two Democrats and two Republicans were formally asked to resign by the close of business on March 21. Cuyahoga County includes the heavily Democratic city of Cleveland. Brunner is a Democrat who was elected to be Ohio's Secretary of State in November, 2006.

Felony convictions have also resulted in 18-month prison sentences for two employees of the Cuyahoga BOE as a result of what the county prosecutor in the case calls the "rigging" of the outcome in the recount following the 2004 presidential election. Further problems surfaced in the conduct of Cuyahoga County's May, 2006 primary, in the wake of which Michel Vu, Executive Director of the county's Board of Elections recently resigned.

In tandem, the shake-up in Ohio's biggest county reflects a widening storm surrounding the outcome of the 2004 presidential election and the conduct of elections overall in the nation's most pivotal state.

Among those Brunner has asked to resign is Cuyahoga County BOE Chair Robert Bennett, who chairs Ohio's Republican Party. Voting rights attorney Cliff Arnebeck and others have long charged that Bennett worked closely with White House advisor Karl Rove and Ohio's then-Secretary of State J. Kenneth Blackwell to secure Bush's 2004 victory in Ohio.

Bennett responded to Brunner by saying that he will refuse to resign. He has placed the blame for the May 2006 primary problems on private voting machine vendors, including Diebold. Bennett claims the rigging of the 2004 presidential recount was caused by the Cuyahoga County Prosecutor's office, according to the Columbus Dispatch

I hope this story continues to escalate...

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:39 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Wow!

First of all, why is the chairman of the Ohio Republican Party sitting as chairman of the Cuyahoga Country Board of Elections? Cuyahoga County is the biggest Democratic stronghold in the state. Rig the election there, and no Democrat could hope to win Ohio.

Then, this part is especially rich. When this crony of Karl Rove gets nailed, he blames DIEBOLD! Holy crap! I thought the whole Diebold controversy was nothing more than a "liberal conspiracy theory"! I never thought I'd hear a Republican claim that Diebold rigged an election!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:38 am 

Fantastic news! I can only imagine how Riqster on SmirkingChimp is feeling! He was a bulldog on these issues and managed to keep the subject on the minds of all of us.

I too hope this keeps growing. Don't know how it will find space now that Congress is actually investigating so many things at once.

How sweet it is...