It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:38 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mike Gravel
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:57 am 

Watching the Dems debate on MSNBC recently I was most impressed by the total honesty of Mike Gravel. Wouldn't that be a novelty? True and honest government. "This government is owned lock, stock, and barrel by the military industrial complex" says Mike Gravel . So far Mike Gravel has my support.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:04 pm 

Welcome skeptx. Great first post.

Yes, Gravel was certainly refreshing! How about that remark about the top runners 'scare me to death'?

They scare me too. Sound way to R to me. But I do like Kucinich.

Unfortunately, he is never mentioned when msm talk about Dem candidates. Guess big media doesn't want anyone like him running the country. They might have to actually give us some real news for a change.

Oh, the horrors of it all...

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:13 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I saw a pole someplace where they gave a list of all those who would, might or will be running for office / president. The pole listed them all and the results of "who should be President" proved what people are thinking, as it was 93% for -> None of the above.

To bad a poor person wouldn't run. In other words, someone without their pockets full already. Someone is needed that will not be pushed around by the bullion collectors, counterfeiters, pressure groups and etc. Start putting America back on track and doing good things for America. Toss the laws the restrict freedom, abolish the ideas of a North American Union, Dish the federal reserves and expose 911 for what it is / was and etc, etc. Only then can America be put back on the right track. The World Mafia that controls American, Canada, Mexico, Russia, France, Britain and most of Europe, (all but rough Countries) needs to go. This Mafia cartel is an old cartel and has been working for many years to destroy America and other Countries, as they favor a global World that they can control under a modified form of communism. In other words slavery at the lowest of wages. Some how the people and their Countries need to rid themselves of this World mafia cartel. Already they want to silence those who speak up, as these people have a clue and can see through their state & worldwide controlled propaganda programs. They will use every trick in the book - Both old and new, to pull the wool over one's eyes. Those who have a clue, those who can see through the deceit, those who see the big picture, those who can think, are a danger to the World Mafia Controllers. I feel the more people who expose it / them, the more dangerous and desperate the World Mafia will become. There is nothing that they can do now, that would surprise me. They are capable of anything and they don't care about the people. Call it the price of getting their way. The people we have elected in the past and present to keep us safe, have long sold us down the river. Most people are no help at all, as they are awake, but they have pressed the "ignore" it button, in hopes it will all go away like a bad dream. Others live in fear, thus it is like they have pressed the fear button and thus keep silent. It is adults acting like children. Sooner or later, they're in for a very rude awakening. Are you an Adult or are you a Child? That is question that one needs to ask people !

SI--

Post subject: Re: Mike Gravel
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:41 pm 

skeptx wrote:
Watching the Dems debate on MSNBC recently I was most impressed by the total honesty of Mike Gravel. Wouldn't that be a novelty? True and honest government. "This government is owned lock, stock, and barrel by the military industrial complex" says Mike Gravel . So far Mike Gravel has my support.

Be careful about this guy. Those of us with some memory remember how his self-nomination speech for VP in 1972 went on so long as to cause George McGovern's acceptance speech to be heard only by McGovern loyalists that stayed up to the wee hours of the night. Even though McGovern's campaign was probably dead in the water from the beginning this was like the coup de grace pistol shot to the head.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:02 am 

I agreed Gravel is refreshing, not that I would want him to be President. We already have a loud mouth in that office...

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:01 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gravel impressed TRUTHDIG so much, they named him TRUTHDIGGER of the WEEK:

Maverick Candidate Mike Gravel

Quote:
Presidential candidate Mike Gravel’s performance in the first Democratic debate took him from off the radar to Truthdigger of the week. Naturally we just had to pick his brain. The former senator from Alaska, who helped end the draft, tells Truthdig why he’s running, why there are so few mavericks in politics these days and why war makes him angry.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 3:29 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

A Proud Liberal wrote:
skeptx wrote:

Be careful about this guy. Those of us with some memory remember how his self-nomination speech for VP in 1972 went on so long as to cause George McGovern's acceptance speech to be heard only by McGovern loyalists that stayed up to the wee hours of the night. Even though McGovern's campaign was probably dead in the water from the beginning this was like the coup de grace pistol shot to the head.

McGovern is lucky that he lost to Nixon. George McGovern is still alive.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 6:57 am 

shoeless wrote:
McGovern is lucky that he lost to Nixon. George McGovern is still alive.

What was McGovern's good luck was some of the worst for America.

We do need to thank George for the Earned Income Tax Credit. One of his most derided platform planks, as become part of the Tax code that even the Republicans support.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote