It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:56 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ROMNEY STRAPS DOG TO CAR ROOF; ENRAGES PETA
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:32 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Romney Strapped Dog to Car Roof

BUT HE'S SUCH A GOOD, CHRISTIAN MAN!!!!!!! NOT!

Even if I had ever intended to vote for this piece of shit, I sure wouldn't vote for him now. Cruelty to animals is like murder...it never goes away and the desire to be cruel to animals is always in a person's personality never goes away, either. Never mind how many times the person enters a church, and I don't care what church it is.
:twisted: :twisted: :evil:

ABC News' Jake Tapper Reports: Republican presidential candidate former Gov. Mitt Romney, R-Mass., has angered animal rights activists for strapping his dog to the roof of his car on a family trip from Boston to Ontario, Canada.

According to the Boston Globe, in one of the family's 12-hour drives to their family's cottage in Canada over 25 years ago, Romney strapped a dog carrier to the roof of the car for the whole trip -- with the family Irish setter, Seamus, inside.

Seamus protested in a scatological way, going to the bathroom on the roof of the car.

Animal rights activists reached by TIME Magazine said the tale seems a little cruel.

"It is commonsense that any dog who's under extreme stress might show that stress by losing control of his bowels: that alone should have been sufficient indication that the dog was, basically, being tortured," Time quoted Ingrid Newkirk, president of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals as saying.

Newkirk said it was "a lesson in cruelty that was ... wrong for [his children] to witness."

More at the link.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:11 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Now, the idiot is saying the dog "enjoyed" the ride on the car!

Romney: Dog Enjoyed Car Ride

Quote:
Under fire from a leading animal rights group, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney defended the family dog’s mode of transportation to a 1983 summer vacation.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) criticized the Republican presidential hopeful after The Boston Globe reported that Romney transported his dog in a rooftop carrier when the family drove from Boston to Ontario.

“If you wouldn’t strap your child to the roof of your car, you have no business doing that to the family dog,” Ingrid Newkirk, president of PETA said in a statement. “I don’t know who would find that acceptable.”

The article noted that Romney had built a wind shield carrier to make the ride more comfortable for the family’s Irish Setter.

But on the campaign trail in Pennsylvania Thursday, Romney defended his chosen mode of transportation for the family dog.

“He scrambled up there every time we went on trips, got in all by himself and enjoyed it,” Romney said of the Irish Setter.

Romney also conceded any endorsement of his candidacy by the group was unlikely.

“PETA has not been my fan over the years. PETA was after me for having a rodeo at the Olympics,” he said in reference to his role as chief executive of the 2002 Winter Games in Salt Lake City, Utah. “PETA was unhappy when I went quail hunting in Georgia, and they’re not happy that my dog likes fresh air.”

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:48 am 

How many times has he tried to breathe with wind slapping him in the face at 70 miles and hour? Its pretty near impossible. What a complete fucking douche bag!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:25 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

That's some religiosity, too, considering Americans tend to think Romney is the most religious thing going-on in the Repugnant party.

I haven't used this screen name elsewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:49 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

PUH-LEEZE! No more religious fanatics in the White House! :blob3:

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:40 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

But it's fun when they eat at each other, like David Kuo?

Does he have kids? Maybe, (t)he(y) can tell the other funde-kiddies what real evangelical charity means. :roll:

I haven't used this screen name elsewhere.

Last edited by Channel Zero on Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:01 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Well I haven't been weighing in on this yet because I have a dog that loves to ride in the back of my truck, and stick his head out into the wind. He doesn't care if I go 70 miles an hour or not, he just puts his head down a little and lets the wind ride over his head, flapping his lips and ears and squinting more as I go faster with the biggest grin on his face. His day isn't complete without a ride in the back of the truck. Someone told me they love the sound of the wind rushing by, that primitive thing from the wolf days. I naturally chain him up so he won't fall out and he can only put his head out past the side of the truck and I have a cap for it that he can stick his head out of too, but I don't tie him up when the caps on. He's 12 years old and part wolf so I guess he just gravitated to that free spirit thing. When he was younger and got into a running gallop you could see the sheer joy in his face.

Anyway, I went off to check out that David Kuo guy Channel Zero posted and it was a lesson in partisanship and selective reasoning for sure. He barely mentions the fact that Iraq and Afghanistan are draining the funds that could have been used to pay for these initiatives, choosing instead to ignore the fact that Bush is spending money over there to kill poor peeople with the very money he could be using to save poor people in this country. So it's a win/win situation for the lying bastard. he gets to kill poor people all over the world so why should America be exempt. I mean, even Michael Moore states that 80,000 people die in America every year because they can't afford health care. That figure doesn't include the sicknes that other people live with because of poor nutrition and health problems but manage to survive from dumpster diving etc. Long enough to suffer through a full life. Of course he goes right for the LIBERALS as the problem. Never mind that what Bush is proposing is favoratism to groups that are already tax free!! Free meeting at the Blackhouse so they can learn what Bush wants from then. Shall we say, "Theologians Under Hitler" all over again? I thought we'd said AMEN to that book!!

Quote:
Secular liberal advocacy and interest groups attacked every little thing the faith initiative did. When Executive Orders were issued permitting an organization to simply display a cross or a Star of David, Americans United for the Separation of Church and State called it "a crusade to bring about an unprecedented merger of religion and government."
The greatest issue is the one of ommisiion and that involves the Elephant Iraq and the global war on the poor- oops I mean terrah. What a joke this article is. I like how he went throught the pains of disappointment from the disconnect between what Bush says about faith and helping the poor and what he actually does. The poor poor man was shattered and on the verge of a mental breakdown from the strain, when he decided to throw it all away and go bass fishing. :lol: Too bad he wasn't the lure if he thinks he can reel us in when we bite on that bullshit.

Bush believe in god? Ha ha ha ha- how stupid do you have to be to believe that? Ask Bush- he laughs at us all the time with that stupid smirk on his apelike face. I tell you, he's suffering from Fetal Alcohol Syndrome-his father and mother are career alcoholics and these people only care about feeding their addictions- greed.

Channel Zero nailed it when he said they eat each other. Like the rich, it's the only thing these fundies and flakes are good for.

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:04 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kind of a "Dog Eat Dog" situation? :P
Reminds me of that old poem about the Gingham Dog and the Calico Cat..one of my favorites, too

Quote:
Romney strapped a dog carrier to the roof of the car for the whole trip -- with the family Irish setter, Seamus, inside.

DO.g's, do you suppose the back of the truck is preferable to a dog instead of being in a rooftop carrier? Have you ever put your dog in a rooftop carrier? I've never transported any animal that way. My father had a dog that loved to ride, especially in the back of his truck, but I've never known anyone personally who put their animal on the car's roof in a carrier.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:46 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Just some thoughts.

I used to love riding in the back of my fathers truck I think just as much as our old beagle did. We as children would stand up over the cab and it would really feel like we were flying. We were able to feel as free as our minds would allow us to be.

I would think that this is the same thing that a dog feels when riding in the back of a truck if not more so. The wind whipping, the smells, the sights, the pure joy of freedom. From one side of the truck bed to the other our old beagle would move taking as much of the surroundings in that she could.

Now can we envision a dog, already unhappy with being placed into this confined cage, being placed upon the roof of a car?

No more is this dog able to move about and experience the thrill of the ride. It is trapped, confined, very limited movement. It can see or feel nothing other than it's confinement and the world rushing forward towards it and in the dog's mind I would think that it is sure that it is going to be smashed into oblivion because it is restricted and cannot move out of the way. It has no control, no chance to save itself.

In the bed of a truck I would think that the dog would have just enough freedom to enjoy the ride. Would the same be true if trapped?

Humans enjoy thrill seeking to various degree's. I doubt very much that a dog would view what we consider to be thrill seeking in anything other than pure terror.

Of course this is just conjecture on my part. I am not a dog:)

CrimsonEagle

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:14 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

You're right Catherine, I would never do what he did by putting my dog on the roof in a cage. I had cats once that needed to be in cages as they were fear filled by the car. One of them would leave that scent drop in the car if we didn't put them in cages. I wonder what that peabrain Romney was thinking but putting dogs or people for that matter in prison and totruring them seems to be a favorite of this administration. maybe he thought he was going to enjoy it, or maybe he had no room for him inside, but this is an act of a man who is non thinking ands still is a member of congress. nice to know we have that kind of representation at the top.

As Crimson said, we used to all ride in the backs of trucks and loved it as kids. I even remember this guy offering to push me on my bicycle with his front bumper. How stupid was that. I was just a dumb kid and he as an adult should have known better. Still, it was fun and children love risk taking.

Nowadays it is illegal and a good thing too. If the truck ever flipped with kids in it....... ouch what a mess. Even here on our island the police want to enforce cages in the back of trucks in some towns for animals to protect them from flipping and dying too. I guess they see all kinds of bad accidents. They haven't enforced it yet though.

There are precedents from film and TV. Remember Chevy Chase in Nat. Lamps. Vacation, forgetting to untie his dog from the bumper? The cop that stopped him was a broken man. :cry: I sometimes remind myself to never tie my dog to the truck and that scene plays in my mind. DIDN'T THE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES PUT GRANNY ON THE ROOF? BUT THEY DIDN'T CAGE HER AND THEY GAVE HER A SHOTGUN. TALK ABOUT FREEDOM!!

Crimson eagle-
Quote:
Of course this is just conjecture on my part. I am not a dog:)
He he, well sometimes they treat us as if we were dogs don't they!! :lol: :lol:

In My best Ahnold voice- "You lack Discipline"!!!

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.