It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:28 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: S. 1487 systematically dismantles government by the people.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:48 am 

http://www.votersunite.org/info/s1487Report.asp

Senator Feinstein’s Election Reform Bill Takes Elections Out of the Hands of the People
by Ellen Theisen

Senator Dianne Feinstein’s bill S. 1487, “The Ballot Integrity Act of 2007,” was introduced on May 24, 2007. Some were expecting it to be a companion to, and improvement on, Representative Holt’s bill, H.R. 811. Far from an improvement, S. 1487 introduces surprising — and disturbing — new provisions.
The bill systematically dismantles government by the people, and it provides a legal excuse for expanding the disenfranchisement of “distinct communities” such as racial minorities.

~~~snip~~~

The bill takes elections away from citizens, candidates, political parties, and States, and it places them under the control of the United States Election Assistance Commission (EAC) and corporations.

Elections are the way “we, the people” exercise our rightful control over our government, which was established to be subject to the consent of the governed. However, provisions throughout this bill orchestrate what would be a perilous situation in which the election system, start to finish, is under the control of the EAC, in collaboration with voting system manufacturers, with a nod to the State and local governments.

What in the world got into Dianne Feinstein?

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:24 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Not much suprises me any more Dori.

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:22 pm 

Yes, CE. What surprises me is that things still surprise me.

It doesn't surprise me that money is more important than either people or the Constitution in the minds of those in government, but it does surprise me when people other than the neocons want to turn our country into the new Soviet Union.

I SO want to trust people, but that isn't good is it... But if we couldn't trust anyone, this would be a much darker world than it is already.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:53 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

We can trust people, its just that they have to earn that trust. Once that trust is broken it is very hard to earn that trust back if at all. It all depends on the transgression that caused that break of trust.

You know me dori:) You know when I write I have no ill will in my heart other than being directed towards those who are responsible. Now I don't even feel anger towards them. Just a sadness at whom they are.

I am no longer here with the mind of fighting the government. Nearly all of them have become corrupted. I cannot point only and G. W and say that he is solely responsible or Cheney is solely responsible. This does not mean that I find them to be any less reprehensible. I am here to fight the people who insist that we keep any of these people in place. I'm sorry my friend, I love you, I hope you realize that, but I am here to fight you, not in anger, but in LOVE. We have got to honestly and truly recognize within ourselves the whole truth of the situation and we must spread it far and wide. We must remove them all. We can no longer say that things will get better at some point in the future. If we as a country does not do what we have to do, and do it now, then there will be no future.

Even if the democrats win in 2008, they will change nothing of significance, they will only make changes that will exacerbate the problems.

Both the democratic and the republicans have worked for many years to set us up for this, whether intentionally or with good intentions in their heart not realizing the dangers of what they were doing. In truth, those who work against us are not only on these shores, but spread thinly throughout the world.

This is the inherent danger of a centralized government. Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. It was inevitable that what we have before us now has happened and nearly all of our so called political leaders have become absolutely corrupted.

These people in power have broken a trust that encompasses humanity itself. If these people have voted in a way that so totally violates my principles of GOOD, JUSTICE, and TRUTH, then there is in my lifetime no way that I can allow them to be forgiven. I cannot allow these people to be allowed to have any trusts while I am here because they have proven to me who and what they are.

I am in no way perfect. Not even close. But I am better than these people.

Let me ask you an honest question. Why in my right mind would I support someone who has lower principles than myself?

Yes. I do hold high standards. Shouldn't the person who I choose to follow have standards higher than myself?

When a government becomes as corrupt as the people they were put in place to guard against, it is time to remove that government.

A government is not put in place for people who are inherently good, it is put in place to protect those who are inherently good from those who are inherently evil.

When it comes time that I fear my own government more than I fear those who my government is supposed to protect me from, then no matter how much I fear them, even at the cost of life, liberty and freedom, I must do whatever I can to remove this government, not for my sake, but for the sake of the future.

No matter what happens, my life is almost over. It will seem like a blink and I will be gone. We must do whatever we can to leave a mark of good in humanity, not for ourselves but for those who come after us.

This war that we are fighting can not be won until we realize that it is not a war from without, it is a war from within. It is a war of possibility's, it is a war of spirit, it is a war of minds.

These people we are fighting are limiting the possibility's as to how people will live in the future. It looks dark. We cannot allow this.

We must not limit ourselves in the possibility of a better future. We must leave all avenues open. As soon as we limit ourselves we have lost.

Even if we do not "win", even if what we choose to do, in our eye is a failure, in reality it will not be a failure. If enough voices, in this life we have now, begin to speak words of truth, future generations will remember this and be reminded that their ARE possibility's for a better future.

If we give up in any way, if we do not leave a message of hope for future generations then we have lost and we will allow these lower people to win.

The Native Americans fought the white man until the point that there was NO OTHER POSSIBILITY that remained other than the extinction of their race. We broke their spirit.

Slaves succumb to their bondage because through severe oppression they come to believe that their is no POSSIBILITY of escaping their bondage.
Their spirit is broken.

These are just two examples. Now, what do you think will happen if the future is brought up in a time that does not know that there IS OTHER POSSIBILITYS?

Now, do you think that this in itself is outside of the realm of possibility's? We have already been shown that the human spirit can be crushed under what we deem to be darkness. Therefore can we believe that this can not happen to all of humanity?

If we cannot teach each other this, then we are lost. I will not go down without a fight.

Please my friend, do not forget that I have written this with LOVE in my heart. I would not ask that you take anything that I have written at face value, but I would ask that you think deeply about what has been written, deeper in your mind than you have ever been before. If anything that I have said seems to be false to your heart then please bring it up. I am still learning and will continue to learn as long as I live. You may have some WISDOM in you that I have not seen in myself and if anything you say in opposition is Truth, then hopefully I will be able to recognize it.

Crimson.

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:09 am 

Couldn't agree with you more CE. In fact:

Quote:
When a government becomes as corrupt as the people they were put in place to guard against, it is time to remove that government.

the Constitution couldn't agree with you more!

That is some fine thinking you are doing!