It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:19 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Colbert Ahead of 3 Democrats in Presidential Poll
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:52 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Colbert Ahead of 3 Democrats in Presidential Poll

Colbert in Chief? It’s either incredibly welcome or tremendously alarming that Stephen Colbert is ahead of Kucinich, Richardson and Gravel in one presidential poll after his first few days out of the gate.

Stephen Colbert’s presidential campaign —a compellingly postmodern play on identity and politics (or something like that)—is apparently being taken seriously enough by the polling firm Public Opinion Strategies to merit Colbert’s inclusion in the lineup of candidates the firm is currently tracking. Here’s how the TV comedian—who says he’s running as both a Democrat and a Republican—is doing in the race for White House glory. :P

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:48 am 

I must admit my incredible crush on Colbert. He's one of the wittiest and most politically astute dudes on TV today. What I truly love is that some of the people he's BLATANTLY making fun of don't even realize he's ridiculing them. That is priceless. When he announced last week that he was going to run in SC for pres (he's not running in all states, unless he ends up being a write in), I nearly fell out of my seat. If you have ever seen the movie "Man of the Year", you will know exactly what I was thinking. The truth is, his completely fake honesty is far more honest that any politician I've seen in a long time and people like him enough that I think he could actually mess up the electoral votes, at least in SC. I think its a total hoot and shows the stupidity of our election process. Whenever he talks about getting elected, he does shit like pick up a bag of Doritos and talk about how delicious they are. He also said on Meet the Press (or something) Sunday that he would happily take endorsements like Nascar people and wear them on his suit. At least then we would know who owns him and where his loyalties would be.

Hell, I'll vote for him. (Um, but that may be my love for him talking)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:44 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I'm not too sure I understand where Colbert is coming from with his political affiliation, but I get a kick out of some of his gags.

He did this bit with Lynn Woolsey, who my mom says if a friend of hers, that had me rolling on the floor.

I think he recently did this bit with Kucinich about him being a pack rat, and Kucinich played it great by pulling stuff left and right out of his pockets.

I haven't used this screen name elsewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:06 pm 

Association is how Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush got elected. And you what? This is why the "stupid idiot" Stephen Colbert is working on, and would you make a guess why? Association folks... Associate! Associate!

I've made the statements many times, the Democrats running for President shouldn't talk about polities, war, or anything reference to the Office of the White House. Just make road trips to the race tracks of NASCAR, shake the hands of the "Red Necks" drinking beer, and hang out at the Hair Dresser saloons. Stop by at the local Pubs....have a drink with the good Ole boys, and dab a chew of Big Red in their mouths, and spit like the rest. Make sure the news media can film all this, and this will get you elected ..Big Time...