Cold enuff for you?
Yes, please turn on the sun 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No, I love the cold, bring it on down 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 2
 Post subject: Damn It's Cold...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:00 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I thought bush's paid scientists said that this winter was going to be mild... does this seem mild to you? oh wait... it's not even winter yet... we have two more weeks until then... :shock:

Maybe it will warm up after that... uh huh... sure... :roll:

Whatever...

Please take care of yourselves out there as this is deadly cold... it was 30 below zero in Montana this morning and predicted to be 25 below in Texas tomorrow. That's the actual temperature, not the wind chill... And all across the nation from the rockies eastward, the temps are between 20 and 40 degrees BELOW normal...

Got Down?

:roll:

I cannot teach anybody anything,
I can only make them think.

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:32 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

If I had to make a choice between extreme cold, or extreme heat, I would take the cold any day. Could be that I grew up in northern Maine that makes me like the cold.

On a side note, would just like some thoughts. There are some scientists who are predicting that the global warming that we are seeing will actually usher in a new ice age. This would seem a reasonable theory to me since I am of the belief that nature will in the end have to balance itself out.

I read someplace that the oceans currents are beginning to slow.(If you are interested, let me know, I'll try to find it.) This would make sense. The oceans currents are caused by the differing temperatures circulating.
The hot water rises and the cool water sinks. This helps to stabilize the temperature of our environment. With an increase in global temperature, there is less cold water to keep the circulation going. Since there is less cold water, we will continue to see storms of increasing size and frequency in the south, but what will really happen in the north?

We all seem to be looking at only part of the picture. We see what we are doing to harm nature, but I think we also have got to take a serious look at what nature will have to do in order to balance itself out again since it is the balancing which is really going to be where the damage happens.

It seems that no matter what, we are in for a bumpy ride. I think that it is feasible that in order to balance itself nature will bring about another ice age. If this happened, of course those of us in the north would have to continue moving further and further south. Since it seems to be a fact that mankind cannot get along and help one another there will have to be more wars as we fight for survival. Massive food shortages, lack of space. Sounds pretty grim if you ask me.

This of course is just my opinion on this. I make no claims at being a scientific mind. As I have stated before, I just like to look at all possible outcomes of any situation. This outcome seems to ring true to me.

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:57 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Yep... and yep tooo... and yep... yep yep yep...

There's gonna be some wild weather coming down the pike soon... cuz many of the REAL scientists say we have already passed the point of no return... so if you like what has been happening lately, expect more of the same in the future...

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:59 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Apparently, the lowest temperature last night in Texas was NOT -25 as I said they(TWC) predicted yesterday... nope it only got down to -3 in Amarillo... but it was still a record... Dallas set one too...

But the -45 in Yellowstone Park has got to raise some eyebrows, if you ask me... cuz they said it shattered the old record set in 1927...

~~ Socrates