It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:29 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: G. DUB's 80th
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:31 am 

It seems a bit ironic that George Bush Sr. now does a parachute jump for his 80th birthday celebration But
Part of a continuing series of parachute jumps held over recent years to commemorate his medal-winning parachute-assisted escape from a plane he was piloting over the Pacific during World War II sadly the rest of the crew of the plane, doomed and helpless without their pilot, spun into the sea and perished after their pilot, Lt. George H. W. Bush, son of then Sen. Prescott Bush (R-CT), parachuted to safety.
He was picked up in the water, rescued and decorated for his "valor."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:14 pm 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

I'm not surprise his Dad did that for him. What did America get for that? Bush Sr. turned around and did the samething for Bush Jr. as regards the Draft.

Post subject: I didn't know that!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:15 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, well, well...maybe my head's been in the sand, but I didn't know George the First abandoned his crew and his plane...do you have a link on that story, atmanbee? :shock:

Of course, I wasn't a fan of the father any more than I am of the son! :roll:

I've already posted my disgust on the Media board about CNN making Bush the First their focus on Memorial Day, and I recently posted about Aaron Bank, the Father of the Green Berets, on the Veterans forum, as being my idea of a real hero. Bank died in April at the age of 101. The great majority of Americans don't even recognize his name. AND maybe that's as it should be...REAL heroes don't really want accolades, do they?

As to the two Georges...what's that old adage...the acorn doesn't fall far from the tree!

Catherine