It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:22 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: JBS documentary on the media
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:59 pm 

After much researching on the evils of corporate media I stumbled across this link...

http://statezero.net/Behind_the_Big_News.avi

it's about 400mb and lasts an hour, and at the very end it obviously turns into an infomercial for The John Birch Society (JBS), and the periodical they put out - New American, but I found that this documentary covers alot of good points.

Post subject: I'm downloading it now.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:16 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks for the link. I'll let you know what I think after I see it. It will be another 40 minutes before it downloads however.

Welcome to the board!
:wave:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:40 am 

thank you...

I've been enjoying your site and just wanted to share that video with you all.

I'd sensed corruption in big media for several years, but took a very round-about course before getting around to exploring the issue.

It started with the 9/11 Commision Report. I downloaded it when it came out, and read it cover to cover. I just kept thinking "They're using the same techniques as major media to witewash this thing" i.e. asking all the wrong questions, accepting thin testimony as fact etc.

That led to lots of research into the current 911 truth movement, which led to alot of Iluminati/NWO research, which of course led to many sub-categories, eventually leading me to the dilemnas of corporate media (who should of been the first to expose all of the above issues, without me having to research them for myself).

My first experience with "investigative reporting" was as a child - the "Watergate Scandal". I was impressed that there were hard working reporters out there that uncovered secrets that the public should know about. (Deeper reading on that old subject suggests strategic "leaks" - but my point was that my first impression of journalists was one of integrity). A lot has changed since then.

Enjoy the link (I hope), not sure how long that large film will be hosted there so get it while you can. :?

I look forward to reading comments on this documentary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:44 am 

the IRONY in this video is...

without using the keyword "spin", they discuss the media's use of spin, and eventually use this video AS spin, to reflect JBS's views on gun-control etc.

More research into The John Birch Society, who funded this "high-production value" film, reveal a generally respectable group of "Constitutionalists", who I respect (on principle), although my views agree with alot of their views - I don't want to be seen as any kind of advocate for them...

I just thought the topic of this film was quite relevant here.