It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:17 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Should "Evolution" be allowed in state schools?
Yes 75%  75%  [ 6 ]
No 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 8
 Post subject: Should "Evolution" be allowed in state schools?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:43 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Should "Evolution" be allowed in state schools?

Post subject: We are devo.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:46 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Do you mean teaching it or letting our children evolve from the slugs they've become?

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:58 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I should of made it "Should "Evolution" be taught in state schools?" My mistake. It was a hot topic poll in the Columbus Dispatch today and most people responded with the typical religious right answers. Saying that it spawns atheists, "Wrong Theories" and the "wrongfull" intelligent design people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:08 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

OK. Then I voted YES. But if this is a Diebold it may become a NO. Talk about the evolution of voting- it morphed from a yes to a no.

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:00 am 
Hear Me Roar!

America is fast becoming the most ignorant culture on earth. *Functional Illiteracy* is fast approaching a quarter of the population, and high school grads frequently test as *6th Grade* level in reading!

The whole issue of *Evolution* vs *Intellegent Design* has become a farce, pitting equally ignorant partisans fighting over meaningless, and unprovable, concepts while the actual object of teaching (making intellegent citizens) gets left by the wayside.

Take Intellegent Design. Did you know there was a coherent theory of it that doesn't involve any dieties, or religious beliefs at all? Yep. and it has been around since the 19th century. It has all the earmarks of *solid science*, and is equally valid to *evolution* by any reasonable benchmark. It's devolution into a religious tirade is the result, entirely, of not allowing the scientific method to actually do its work.

Any Neo-Darwinist will admit evolution doesn't *yet* explain all the intricacies of current evidence. They are still *struggling* with human finds dated to the millions of years (for instance), quietly left out of any discussions except those among the most elite. As many (non-religious) commentators have pointed out, the *anomolous* evidence in the current version of evolution is too volumous to ignore.

But the partisans on both side have created a false dicotomy that serves no one but the various acedemic elite.

The reality is, both theories, evolution and intellegent design (and here I mean the notion of underlying order to the universe, not the notion of some God sitting on a cloud), should be scrapped, and the evidence of both schools integrated into a curriculum that invites experimentation, education, decision making and intellectual growth.

Like that is going to happen! We will end up teaching our children that partisan adherence to views and opinions is part and parcel of the *scientific method*. And that is what we want, isn't it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:14 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

theres just to much evidence out there that supports evolution. Its ironic I was just in a argument over the weekend at a bar that I go to every weekend with someone who wouldnt even fathom that there is life beyond our atmoshere. He really thinks that god created us and are the only life form out there. Damn it he didnt even know that the sun is a star. I explaide to him that if the sun is a star then how cant there be other galaxies. He said "cause they aint found none". I was in awe. What do you say to someone like that. He doesnt think theres other life form out there. I told him we found existance of water on other planets. He said "so". I told him that water is needed for life. I got "Awe bullshit". People ask how do I explain "MIRACLES". How is Deja`Vu? Yes it is a "theory". So is Gravity. Go figure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:11 am 

Yes, the proper instruction on this Theory will result in an OPENING OF THE MIND. The students will be more susceptible to THINKING , and asking WHY as well as WHY NOT.

There is already opportunity for the Creationist to explain their view,, at least one full day per week, and additional "Holy Days" where they can cram that DO NOT THINK, DO NOT ASK Relegious Bullshit down our throats- between commercials of course.

THINK- exist as a Human Being

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:14 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

:!: Damn! It just dawned on me why "No child left behind" was born!!! Problem is......Bush isn't that clever!!!

Since NCLB came on the scene Every Child has been Left Behind!!! Maybe Bush is dumb like a fox......

CORPORATE MEDIA = MASS MIND CONTROL