It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:53 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: well...it looks like god must be really pissed off ....
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:54 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

..at the red states lately. he seems to be sending one disasterous storm after another thru the red states, causing death and destruction.

notice this winter he gave the blue states nice winter weather...no major storms...no flooded springs. actually, it was kinda warm this time.

so, he must be pissed at the red states....keep voting for republicans and he'll send a major earth quake next if you don't get the message the first time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:41 pm 

mga I think it is so much more than that....I am a person that believes in God and the bible and I claim no specific religion just so you know I am not being biased towards any one religion but to be honest with you God is pissed at our country because of complete Godlessness. Watch the news, paper, and anything else and you will soon know that violent crimes happen on a daily basis now. And im not talking about everyday kinda of murders...children being abducted, rapes, and unspeakable acts of horror. When people no longer have anything higher to fear then themselves they do not believe judgement will be placed on them after death which for some people would result in no concious at all But IMO crime in our country is undermining our foundation of freedom a lot more than terrorism and a few cameras and spying on americans will not fix this problem! But anyway I never remebered it being like this atleast not before september 11th, I believe our president is using christianity or w/e you wanna call it as a cover for whats really going on. and as far as storms go New orleans was wiped off of the map because it was Godless for example so many unmoral acts happened in that city you have to wonder was it really a coicidence.

"The best friend of an opressor is the bear who didn't see the trap"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:07 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

surely, standup, you're breaking my balls...right?

now, why would god single out america and wreak destruction as you claim? i believe you're flattering yourself thinking that god loves only america and he's angry with us because we are "godless" as you stated.

so, tell me, why hasn't "god" punished a country like.....hmmmm...sweden who is 90% atheist? or, why hasn't god brought forth his judement upon countries like...north korea...or how about thailand?

your reasoning is rather humorous tho...i'll give you that. but let's take a look at your list:

hurricanes: try doing some reading on how and why hurricanes are formed...off the west coast of africa...and have plagued america's gulf coast for thousands of years. this is nature, and occasionally one hurricane forms that is unusually big. and what about the ones that don't hit us? was "god" being gentle or did he have a change of heart all of a sudden?

increase of crime: yea...i supposed god is sitting there saying" Hmm..i think i'll have people do more crime in america"...lol c'mon...you can't be serious. why the increase of crime?

first, our economy isn't as wonderful as bush and company makes it out to be, many people are out of work or are not making enough money.

secondly, is the psychological factor...our society dictates that we are supposed to be driving a new hummer, live in a million dollar home, wear gold necklaces, wear only fashinable clothes, have everything better than the guy next door, look, act and feel like movie stars. unfortunately, in the real world, it isn't like that and people become greedy and will do anything to keep that image.

thirdly, as for a disregard of human life...why should people have this "fear of judgement" as you called it? obviously the christians support the war(s) we are in and have no problem with the killing of civilians...so what's the difference? will a pilot who kills from 30,000 feet above be given more leniency than a man who shoots another on the street?

is this how your "god" works? if so, i really don't want any part of him. as an atheist i'm probably more of a peace activist than most christians. i want no part in the killing of a fellow human.

so, the bottom line is, if one is going to believe your crock excuse, then "god: isn;t mad at all of america...he's just pissed at you christians for NOT be real christians.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:19 am 

First of all mga I completley agree with you on our economy being terrible and the bush admin saying it is great. Also the physchological factor I completley agree with you on that, this isnt the movies, it is life. But Im gettin this feeling that because I said I believe in God you might see me as being conservative which is completley wrong. I should of said that I am a God fearing man and a proud Liberal. Yes the christians do support wars which imo is funny beings they practice little what they preach but I respect you are atheist you have that right and freedom so please do not tear me down for my beliefs, isnt one of the issues that is wrong with our country? no one respects anyone elses feelings and beliefs. but going on...

No I do not believe God singled out just America that is an almost absurd statement given what I believe.

Hurricanes: yes I know how they form.... katrina and Rita were 2 of the strongest hurricanes ever recorded in history so no I dont view that as being occasional but Im not a meterologist so Im not going to talk about something I know little about.

Crime: First of all I never said that God is making people commit crime. If there is any one factor it is like you said our econmy is poor the rich are getting richer and the middle class will disapear so some people are not going to know how to handle the stress of loosing a career that they thought were going to have the rest of their lives, but instead was shipped over to another country because they can use cheap labor. But I am talking about violence that makes you wonder how can a person do this to another person. And I believe you must have some kind of evil inside of you. I feel that if you believe in evil you must belive in God but that is only my belief like I said im not going to argue with what you believe in.

And as war goes this is where I stand on all this...

The war on terror should be renamed to the war to control the global market such as isreal killing 700 people because of what?! 2 prisoners not to mention our gov was supplying isreal with the missles to throw into a country where there were still US CITIZENS! Also Iraq unfortunatley I see no end to that conflict except more blood shed of innocent lives all because of greed. I could not agree more with you on peace activism I never understood how religion which is supposed to promote peace and love is causing so much pointless blood shed.

So no mga I am not breaking your balls and please forgive me if I may have given you any wrong clues to about where I stand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:13 am 

i guess we'd have to go back and look upon a country like sweden to view thier entire history. one thing i can think of is during WWII hitler gave the norse countries a few problems. gods judgement perhaps?

these are interesting questions though at at times are worthwhile debating.

it all depends on what type of beliefs you have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:12 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Standupnow: i didn't see any "disrespect" in my reply....i merely disagreed with your assumption that a "god" was angry with america because of our alleged lack of belief...or, as you put it: our lack of godliness.

i just refuted your reasons. crime isn't any more violent or vivious today than it's ever been. what makes crime appear worse is that we have news media that will turn a simple shooting, for example, into a "Breaking News" story every time something happens. crimes against man have always been there, it's just being reported more often these days....part of the "fear tactics" the media loves to dwell upon.

as for america having any unusual weather, again, thinking any "god" has a role in that is absurd. weather is a science, and, like you said, you aren't a meteorologist, so because you don't understand something scientifically, you simply shrug it off as "the will of god"??? c'mon...let's be serious. i suppose every time there is a tornado that brings destruction some "god" was angry at those people? or, is it because for the fact that since the beginning of time, tornadoes have always formed in "tornado alley" and people live in trailers get blown away easily? on a sunny day in those areas. do people say "oh...god must be happy today"??

mankind has always been unable to explain phenomenas in nature, and it's much easier to simply state "god did it" rather than to understand the science of nature. it was only a short time ago that man thought the earth was flat, or that "god" lived above the clouds and that hell was inside the earth. we now know all of that to be totally false. now that mankind has traveled above the clouds...where did heaven go? we can now see almost to the edge of the universe...millions of light years away....still no heaven. we also know that under the earth is molten lava.

people thousands of years ago thought any glitch in nature was the "act of god"....have we not progressed enough to get beyond such barbaric thinking?

i have no problem if you chose to believe in a god, but you did get carried away with your first post about some god being angry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:18 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

rooster wrote:
i guess we'd have to go back and look upon a country like sweden to view thier entire history. one thing i can think of is during WWII hitler gave the norse countries a few problems. gods judgement perhaps?

these are interesting questions though at at times are worthwhile debating.

it all depends on what type of beliefs you have.

lol...so, what you are saying is that hitler was sent by some 'god" to do harm to these terrible heathens?

if this is how your god acts upon mankind, then i'm certainly glad i have no part of his nonsense. this isn't the actions of a supposedly all-knowing, all-loving supreme being, and i am NOT here to serve some self righteous god who thinks he can easily take human life away at his own amusement.

likewise, then i can now say that bush was sent by god to bring destruction upon americans because, since he has created a war, he has sent almost 3,000 troops to their deaths. apparently 'god" must have been angry with those 3,000 troops and this was his way of dealing with them. if that be the case, why morn their deaths? i mean if god thought they were "bad" people...then, if i were to believe in god, i must also think those 3,000 troops were "bad" in life.

now...seriously, doesn't that sound as absurd as your reply?????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:00 pm 

depends on what your personal belief system is all about.

i've absolutely no problem with yours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:03 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

i apologize for being...insensitive...just trying to make a point.

obviously, i don't buy into when something terrible happens it was merely god's will.

if you choose to believe that god does "work in strange ways"...so be it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:46 pm 

i didn't view your comments as insensitive mg.

i do like the idea though that there is a lot more room for those of us under our tent than whatt little room there is available for those under the gop/neocon tent.

things are cool bro.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:55 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

bill mahar brought this up on his show on HBO last night....talking about blaming "god" for natural disasters.

i don't need to post what he said, but it looks like we have the same thoughts on this.