It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:18 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: History Channels "The Gospel of Judas"
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:20 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Did anyone here watch it. Outstanding. Well.......you know it will be blamed on Liberals and the Atheists. AAHHH well.......I'm off to worship satan......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:25 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

satan is the anglo-saxon version. satan was considered to be god's right hand man, who did god's "testing" for him, then reported back with the results....according to jews.

it was european catholicism that turned satan into some evil anti-god thing.

of course, first one has to believe in the easter bunny to then believe in satan...let alone some "god".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:28 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

You mean bunnies don't lay colored eggs? Next you'll be telling me there's no Santa Claus! Wait, is that Satan Claws?

Hmmm, a juxtapositon of the holy days.

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:00 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Have you been following the Da Vinci Code/Holy Blood Holy Grail trial. The HBHG author Michael Baigent lost, but his sales have gone up and he has a new book out called "The Jesus Papers" which purports to be a true account about jesus' life as a man, that has been suppressed by the Catholic Church for centuries.

Pieces of documentation are starting to appear that refute the story given by the bible and now we're seeing the preachers frothing at the bit as they tow their sheeple into a frenzied attack on information and knowledge once again. I watched Jack Van Impe on the weekend and he's got a crusade going against these books and Tom Hanks right now, that is truly a classic of the Genesis proportion. Once again the rule of ignorance over knowledge is being preached here, and those who believe they're right are about to have another inquistion formulated to deal with this blasphemous heresy.

Religion that has to suppress knowledge and press assumed facts as real is once again at work in the land. Any religion that can't take a little challenge now and then from the scientific and natural world is obviously not worth having around. If it can't stand the test of time and scrutiny of knowledge then it is not a religion that is pure and complete.

Shades of Galileo.

the choice chooses them

Post subject: What the?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:02 am 
Involved
Involved

DO.g's where do you get your "truth" from?
For a better treatment of the subject check out this excellent article: http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/ma ... cicode.htm

The whole davinci code thing is just a smoke screen and a distraction, designed to create disinformation about real conspiracies and throw people off track, keep people's minds of the gaping holes in the official 911 story and get them focused on non issues.

It is largely mythology and disinformation. And what's more it is just a Hollywood marketing machine to promote the release of the film.
It is all hype, hype, hype just like all the other "big events" in the pop culture world like The Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Titanic etc.

Dan Brown is by no means a scholar of the Bible or anything else. He is a fictional story writer and a sales man.

As for the so called "gnostic gospels" they were written hundreds of years after the real gospels were written, by mystics and spiritists, NOT Christians.

For the truth about the roman catholic institution check out the books by Avro Manhattan, in particular "The Vatican's Holocaust" and see the many photos in this book, they speak for themselves!!!
Also Jack Chick is another good source.

And as for jack van impe, he has been known to be a catholic sympathiser and pope promoter like robert schuller, billy graham, chuck colson etc. etc.
The pope, catholicism and romanism have nothing to do with the real Bible, but they have everything to do with the new world order though.

The pope wants to be the spiritual head of the one world church and rule alongside the political leader of the one world system.
In the year 1986 (international year of peace) J.P.II had a one world religious ceremony in the vatican with the heads of all the worlds religions, then again in the year 2000 with Ted Turner, john paul II was in front of the UN assembly in New York calling for a global religion to be formed supposedly with the pope as the governing ruler of it. I have TV news footage of both of these events. And just like Avro Manhattan's books, with the many photos, it is Undeniable evidence!

This is the designs of the new world order, illuminati mob. They want a one world government, a one world economic system, and a one world religious system.
Remember, after all, the supposed founder of the illuminati; adam weishaupt was in fact a jesuit- it says so in two of my Columbia encyclopedias. Which is straight from the horse's mouth, as indeed Columbia University is jesuit.

Before weishaupt, there was the original jesuit general, ignatius loyola and his spanish illumbrados (illuminati).
Remember, rebuilding the tower of babel (ie. erecting a new world order), uniting all the worlds religions and eventually installing a new roman emperor onto the new world order throne has NOTHING to do with Biblical Christianity!
Although the Bible does make mention of such things, it does not promote them!

ZeeGee :shock:

"I salute the Danish Press, Salman Rushdie and Freedom of Speech!" ZeeGee :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:22 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

The Da Vinci code is fiction. The bible is fiction.

Truth is in the reality that all we have been fed is just a fictitious illusion of reality that helps others to spread their crap while they reap their profits.

Why where do you get your fiction from?

the choice chooses them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:27 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
uniting all the worlds religions and eventually installing a new roman emperor onto the new world order throne has NOTHING to do with Biblical Christianity!

Biblical Christianity has nothing to do with truth. It's just one more source of mind control, one way or the other, and DO.g's said it quite succinctly...it's all fiction, but Dan Brown's writing is highly entertaining, and his books certainly make some people THINK and ASK QUESTIONS where they might not have done so before having read his work.

That's a lot more than any of the religious guidebooks have done.

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:23 am 

the bible and the history of christianity will always be an issue to debate upon. no matter how much proof is shown there will always be further questions to answer. however for those who dismiss any proposition of the questioning of the bible and other matters of christianity or any other religion, this is my message to them. we are at the 21st century, even if you keep your eyes and years closed you cannot get away from these facts. we hear them in office conversations, radio talks and some even manage to wiggle through to the mainstream media, so let there be no secrets. there is, if there is, only one religion in my opinion, the religion of brotherhood, the brotherhood of man. i see no point in this fighting over facts which concern us so much. but as said by Plagius "There will always be a battlefield".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:02 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Agreed, and there will always be warriors who are obedient servants. But without questioning the leaders as to their purpose and meaning, there will never be answers. The purpose of war is to settle issues so that peace between adversaries can be the final solution. If the solution is never meant to be found then the battle goes on.

It is up to the warriors to lay down their weapons and refuse to fight for the leaders. If that is what you mean by a brotherhood, then I'm all for that. The trick seems to be in getting others to lay down their weapons and trust each other and their instincts.

Until this happens, the validity in proof seems to be the contentious issue that keeps us at odds.

Perhaps it is time we admitted that there are some issues we weren't meant to solve and find real solutions to our imaginary problems. Perhaps it is time we admitted that the brotherhood is all we really have and that life is too precious to dwell on its grand signficance.

Until we admit to this, the war continues.

Welcome to the board.

the choice chooses them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:58 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
if there is, only one religion in my opinion, the religion of brotherhood, the brotherhood of man.

It'd be great if there was a united movement that brought all people together, without any religious aspect at all, mainly because it seems that any religion seems to automatically divide and isolate its believers from those of other beliefs. But I doubt if there could be a unity of both men and women, of all cultures, from all walks of life... a unity of human beings, if you will, Alius, just because of that fact. There can be no doubt of that, at least....we're all HUMAN BEINGS, regardless of anything else. (Well, some of us are more HUMAN than others...more HUMANE anyway!)

But even the "churches" that use names such as "Living Word," or "On Fire Family Church," (yep, one of each in my area...and they're quite wealthy. You should see the size of their buildings!) still want to convince one and all that the Christian way is the only way of life. Likewise, the other religions...their job is to recruit and then to change one's way of thinking, rather like the military does.

Did you know that the word ETHNIC used to mean HEATHEN?

As Dan Barker of the Freedom From Religion Foundation says, "Since we all have cultural and national heritages we're proud of, I guess it would be said that freethinkers truly are "ethnics without god," of which we may also be proud." Freethought Today October, 1987

AND WELCOME TO TVNL, ALIUS.

Catherine

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:35 am 

Yes, welcome ALIUS.

Catherine, in a nearby town, we have the 'Church of the Living Waters'. It used to be a laundromat.

All the way through this thread, I have been humming, 'Imagine'. One of my favorite pieces of music--and comments on the human condition.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:44 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
Catherine, in a nearby town, we have the 'Church of the Living Waters'. It used to be a laundromat.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh, my...I'll have to watch to see if a spinoff comes to my area! The latest one over in the town of Hiawassee, GA is 'The Cowboy Church,' and its slogan is "Rounding Up Souls for Jesus." Up the road, the established Baptist church is adding square footage to its already monstrous building. It's beginning to look like some of the European cathedrals.

Yes, John Lennon's Imagine occurred to me, too, dor. Too bad he's not with us today to write and sing more songs like that.

Catherine

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:04 pm 

the true purpose of religion in its most basic forms is to link man to god, instead they are moving us as away from god, if there is such a being. religion sets to make peoples lives better, instead if you look at the church of the mid centuries from the 10th to 15th century they are as far from that as possible. jesus taught, according to the gospels, that all men are the same in gods eyes, so why have kings. man should follow the word of god and god only, no one else should interfere between mans connection to god. jesus in the gospels told us that the kingdom of god would come, instead we get the church. the church has totally transformed our views on the way of life we should lead, our attitudes and even our thinking. who are they to tell us whaen we ca pray or not. why should you have to go church to communicate with god. whats so special about that building? your own house is probably more sacred then that, considering waht you mean by sacred.
i do agree with those who say that humanity cannot get all the answers it seeks, but we can get what we have but is hidden from us through a series of lies and deciet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:33 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Alius wrote:
why should you have to go church to communicate with god. whats so special about that building? your own house is probably more sacred then that, considering waht you mean by sacred.

The closest I ever feel to god is when I am sitting on a mountaintop on the Tennessee/North Carolina border.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:27 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
The closest I ever feel to god is when I am sitting on a mountaintop on the Tennessee/North Carolina border.

AMEN, shoe! :D :D :D

Nature and all of its beauty is far more 'divine" to me than any religion, and not for one minute do I believe that any "divine deityof any religion" had a thing to do with its creation.

Catherine

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman