It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:28 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Media Whores
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:48 pm 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

People should stop calling the talking head parrots that present the administration and corporate views as news. This does a great disservice to honest whores who deal in one of the oldest professions in the world. They are normally paid to screw someone, where the ones prostituting themselves as reporting the news are paid to screw millions of people every time they lie or misrepresent the truth. Regardless of your personal views of these people (the honest whores) they at least have some sense of morals, whereas the groups representing the news have none. Maybe there is not such a word that relates to such low life individuals and companies. So until someone finds the word to describe these purveyors of lies and misinformation that invaded our homes on a regular basis I guess “media whores” will have to do (with apologies to the honest whores). I know many people who have to work at jobs way below their just station in life, but at least they can hold their heads up and claim to be decent people. Who in the media today can make such a claim?

Respects,
amerle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:45 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I NEVER watch the news on television, amerle. I get my info from sites like TVNL and other similar sources. I like your comparison of media talking heads to whores, though. If the oldest profession made monies like the talking anchor heads of the major telly networks, they might also have a voice in our government! I'm sure there would be vast improvement in the well-being of its citizens! :lol:

However, it's true that the great majority of people get their info from the major networks like CNN, NBC, ABC, FOX, and CBS...which in turn is why so many of these networks are now owned by huge corporations that are major republican doners.

You may be familiar with this site, but if you're not, go there to find out who actually owns the media:

www.takebackthemedia.net

Be prepared for a big shockeroo!

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:42 pm 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

amerle, I think a real "whore" would be offended by that. If you watch Jerry Springer, the whores who come on there are proud of taking money for being a, um, "mouthpiece"!

"It's Not What You Are, It's What People Think You Are"

If We Don't Ask, We Can't Learn" & "If We Don't Learn, We Can't Grow"