It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:06 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Was Zarqawi beaten to death?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:43 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

From Democracy Now today.

Quote:
New Questions are being raised over the circumstances of the death of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi. U.S. military officials initially claimed that Zarqawi died when a U.S. F-16 dropped two 500 pound bombs on his hideout outside of the town of Hibhib. But on Friday the military admitted Zarqawi survived the initial bombing and was semi-conscious when Iraqi and U.S. officials arrived at the scene. The U.S. maintains he died on a stretcher while being treated by U.S. personnel. But an Iraqi police lieutenant told the Los Angeles Times that Zarqawi died after a U.S. soldier repeatedly stepped on his chest, causing blood to flow from his mouth and nose. The officer said U.S. troops removed Zarqawi from an Iraqi ambulance and placed him on the ground. Then a U.S. soldier tried to question Zarqawi and began stepping on his chest. Another Iraqi man who lived nearby told Associated Press Television News that he had witnessed Americans beating Zarqawi. He said "They stomped on his stomach and his chest until he died and blood came out of his nose.” The top American commander in Iraq on Sunday rejected these accounts saying they were "baloney.” General George Casey said, "the idea that there were people there beating him is just ludicrous." The U.S. military has finished an autopsy on Zarqawi but has not released the findings.

Oh yeah that's right. They don't torture and beat people to death do they? Don't believe those lying Iraqis. They just say things to make America look bad. :roll: As if the troops need more stories to make them look bad, what with Fallujah, Haditha, Abu Ghraib etc.

The warrior ethos is: you kill in noble ways for the glory of your country and yourselves. How is what Americas leaders are doing, an example of this? In words only?

Freedom and democracy for them? Really? :roll: Looks like it's the gumboot to the chest until you kick the life out of them.

http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl? ... 12/1320226

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:30 pm 

It sickens me not only that this happens, but that disinformation comes at us like constant waves. The talking points are repeated not only in msm, but by our Congresscritters. No matter how vividly information that the official stories are not true is presented, those stories are still repeated as if they are the absolute TRUTH!

And so people in the street continue to repeat the lies, firmly believing what they are saying is true.

I was around when Hitler came into power and we couldn't understand how the Germans could possibly not see what was happening. Now I don't understand how people in the United Stattes can possibly not see what is happening.

They say those who don't pay attention to history are bound to repeat it. In this case, I believe the people at the top have paid careful attention to history--and that is WHY history is repenting itself.

Nothing good can come from the wilfull ignorance of people who firmly believe the propaganda they hear day in and day out. I have found no way to reach people who want to believe because it is so much more comfortable.......