It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:10 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: News Media Propagandizes Bush's Iraq Visit
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:43 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

The supposedly "liberal biased" main stream news media is falling all over themselves to trumpet the glory and heroism of Bush sneaking into Iraq. They are telling us that his triumphant tour of the Green Zone is drumming up support for the war.

Link:Bush's Iraq drop-in builds support, but what's next?

Of course, they don't tell us where the support is coming from. Was there a poll taken last night which showed Bush's trip caused a massive change of heart amongst the American people? I don't think so. And that USA Today article sure didn't tell us how they knew so soon that Bush's wonderous trip had solidified his support.

Maybe this newfound "support" is coming from the Shiites.

Quote:
Link: Followers of Shiite cleric protest Bush's visit to Iraq

Hazem al-Araji, an al-Sadr aide, condemned the "ill-fated visit made by the leader of the occupation" in an address to the crowd.

Maybe this phantom "support" is coming from the Sunnis?

Quote:
Link: Sunnis see trip as political stunt

Many Sunnis and even some Shiite political parties dismissed President Bush's visit to Baghdad as an attempt to associate himself with positive developments in Iraq -- formation of the new government and last week's killing of the country's most feared terrorist.

Bush's trip comes at a pivotal time for new Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki as he tries to convince Iraqis the country can stand on its own and end violence if they unite behind him. But instead of bolstering that effort, the visit could push away the very Sunni Arabs whom al-Maliki is trying to court.

Some Sunnis think the success of the Bush visit can be gauged only on al-Maliki's ability to persuade the U.S. president to start pulling some of the 130,000 American troops from the country.

''We hope that al-Maliki persuades Bush to announce a timetable for the withdrawal of U.S. forces,'' said Zafer al-Ani, spokesman for the main Sunni Arab partner in al-Maliki's government.

The anti-American Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr planned a protest of Bush's presence.

''This visit carries a lot of meanings, but this visit means nothing to the Iraqi street. There will never be any benefits from such a visit and the only one to benefit from this visit is Bush himself and his troops here, not the Iraqi people,'' said Hassan al-Robaie, a lawmaker loyal to al-Sadr. AP

One thing is for sure, this mysterious new support is not coming from the Iraqi people. They aren't as stupid as the Bushies think. I wonder if the American people are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:41 am 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

Maliki looks so happy, he could just shit. :wink: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:50 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

wiseoldgranny wrote:
Maliki looks so happy, he could just shit. :wink: :lol:

Yeah, I wonder how Bush would feel about a foreign leader sneaking into the US and just dropping by the White House unannounced.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:23 pm 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

I can only imagine how it must have improved Maliki's standing with the people of Iraq. (80% of them wanting us the hell out of there) :roll:

He would be wanted for campaign support, about as much as he is wanted by repubs, here. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:47 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:59 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

AAAAAAAAHHAHHAHHHHA H AHA HAHAH AH AHA HA HAA Ha

That was good. Im stealing that one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:09 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Do you ever wonder if Bush actually "sneaked" into Iraq? The media would go along with any story that would make him look good. He's such a coward, and we all know the extreme security processes that are put into place when he leaves DC for a visit to any foreign country or even to a US city.

Where is he going to find that kind of safety in Iraq?

I don't think he went to Iraq. I think he probably flew into Kuwait and that was as close to Iraq as he came.

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman