It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:30 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fundies say the darndest things
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:38 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

You've got to go through this site. If this is what young christian fundies are taught and believe, it is an example of why the world is so fucked up by goofy religious thought.

http://www.fstdt.com/

Maybe this should be in the funny forum, but it is just to serious to be ignored. Enjoy and be afraid for the young christian mind. Be VERY afraid.

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:07 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Whoa! Scary stuff indeed!

This one reminds me of shane when talking about global warming.

Quote:
I am only anti science when they try to support things like evolution.
If they argree with what I believe, then I am very pro science.
For example, when science confirms that the Bible is true, that is good science."

Here is another one that could have been written by shane.

Quote:
"Who was alive 400 years ago to confirm this so-called "global warming"? The earth is getting a little warmer, at least in the last 50 to 100 years or so, since we have data supporting it. But to project what we see here & now back 400 years or even 50 billion, is asinine. Anyone who thinks we, as humans, are big enough to affect this God given Earth in a permanent way, has a blown up ego."

Maybe I've been wrong about shane all along. I've always thought he was a corporate-feudalist stooge. Perhaps he is just an apocalyptic, fundamentalist, Christo-fascist zombie.

“We don’t have to protect the environment – the Second Coming is at hand.” – James Watt, Secretary of the Interior during the Reagan administration

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:34 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I love the photos you put in shoeless.

How about this one. Oh man, it's so hard being 80% of the American population.

Quote:
"[On why his .500 ball club actively recruits only Christian players]

We had to go to hell and back to know where the Holy Grail is. We went through a tough time and took a lot of arrows.

I don't want to offend anyone, but I think character-wise we're stronger than anyone in baseball. Christians, and what they've endured, are some of the strongest people in baseball. I believe God sends signs, and we're seeing those."

Colorado Rockies chairman and CEO Charlie Monfort,

They endured having to hear about all the shit their ancestors dealt with, and think it applies to them as well.

This just about says it all-
Quote:
"Why should America follow the Geneve convention when terrorists do not? We must act in the same way as the terrorists. War has no rules much like the terrorists. Screw the world opinion when it comes to fighting terrorism. Torture, excecute terrorists if need be to find necessary information.

This is a new generation of war, Geneva convention is old and out dated. There is no human rights in war.

We must let the terrorists know that if they are caught with explosive material on their hands then its automatic excecution on site."

cdecar2000, Yahoo! News Message Boards Health News

Donald Rumsfeld, is that you? And what's scary is, there were enough people like this to give Bush the election. Yeesh.

Quote:
"[A young-earth-creationist's critique of those who celebrate the Summer Solstice and give thanks to fictitious cloud men]

Giving "thanks" to the earth is sad as it ties a person to the mundane. People end up doing silly, nonproductive and sometimes harmful things to appease the "the earth" or "the sun". Recylcing, when it makes no economic sense, it the most obvious current result of this mindset. In the past, the rituals were more dangerous (especially for woman, children, the elderly and the weak). Only when those sorts of belief systems were replaced by Christainity did mankind understand that man is special, created in the imagine of God , that every person has basic human rights, that the world is here for us, is rational and knowable and not subject to the whims of caprious spirits lurking behind rocks or grinning from clouds."

Voegelin, Christian Forums
I think of these people as the "No Earther's." Basically it all comes from a belief that God set the world up with a long term plan, and there is no need to worry about pollution or global warming or dwindling resources or rampant disease or war or overpopulation or anything else because God will bring about the Apocalypse before the Earth falls apart.

After all, if God is going to destroy the place before we can, what's the point of taking care of it? "Death by Irony Overdose" or "Rewriting History"?

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:08 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

DO.g's wrote:
And what's scary is, there were enough people like this to give Bush the election. Yeesh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:15 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

i've developed such a hatred for christian fundies that i have to walk away when i encounter one to avoid being arrested for assault. i'd really like to grab one of them and beat the living shit out of them for being so fuckin ignorant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:41 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

If they are walking around with hatred for anyone and claiming to be a Christian they are a liar. This far right ratical group claiming to be Christians are anything but......

True Christians are not for war. They do not try to control others. They do not judge others. This is what is so scary about this. There is a group of ratical extremeists giving Christianity a bad name. I think some of them really believe they are doing the right thing by following false prophets.

I know a lot of good people who are Christians and they are Anti-Bush, and everything he stands for.

CORPORATE MEDIA = MASS MIND CONTROL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:19 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Consider all of the numerous signs flooding the country, in whatever form, that say "God bless America and our troops." Then consider the basic teachings of the Christian religion, up to and including the ten commandments.

"Thou shalt not bear false witness..." Well, GWB broke that commandment when he told lies in order to win approval for an invasion of Iraq. He continues to build on that lie, and many, many more, every day. His neocon buddies do the same. Yet, their lies are considered virtuous and acceptable by millions of Christian fundies.

So,the Christians who pray to their god to "bless" this country and its troops are asking him to "bless a lie" and those who have been sent to perpetuate it.

I'm sorry for our troops. I wish every last one of them could come home now, today. I'm sorry they're dying and soaking the Iraqi sands with their blood. I'm sorry far too many of them went into the military because they fell for the promise of money for an education if they indentured themselves to Uncle Sam. I'm sorry they have fallen victim to a usurper who stole the presidency in 2000 and in 2004.

But when the fundies say the word "bless this" or "bless that," I usually look very closely at what it is they're asking their deity to bless. Nine times out of ten, the whole request is based on what they're really best at doing...lying and spreading hypocrisy, and most of them are too stupid to realize that their request is in direct contrast to the teachings of their bible.

OR they're in league with the Bushies, and that makes them even worse.

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:52 am 

Some of my favorite sayings of Jesus are not acceptable to the fundies here. If I get really ticked off, I tell them Jesus said, "Many shall speak my name but I shall not know them."

And I always ask why people who claim to follow Jesus don't know his teachings? Or do they know them but just not find them acceptable?

Jesus said to take his message to the people and if someone didn't accept it, to shake the dust off your feet and leave him. Do you know any of these people who are willing to leave you alone if you tell them you are not interested?

How many people that claim to be so very Christian actually know the ten commandments? Do any of them NOT lust after their neighbors possessions? Heck, greed is one of our top national values.

It isn't easy to be a true Christian. But it is a snap and lot's of fun to be a pretend one!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:58 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:59 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
It isn't easy to be a true Christian. But it is a snap and lot's of fun to be a pretend one!

Well-said!
[img]http://www.americanprogress.org/atf/cf/{E9245FE4-9A2B-43C7-A521-5D6FF2E06E03}/cartoon_right_wing.gif[/img]

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:56 pm 

:laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

:toothy7:

You have to laugh or you will cry. We can get more done while laughing.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:57 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Is that Karl Rove in the helicopter with the megaphone? Looks like the fat pig is sort of making it lean to the "left," even as he screams lies! :P

Catherine

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman