It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:22 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

How HOT Is It Where You Are?
HOT 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
Damn Hot 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Habenero Hot 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
Hot as hell 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Hotter Than HELL!!! 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Is it winter yet? 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 6
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:12 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Hot here today... but omg... was it ever hotter in South Dakota... omg... they said on The Weather Channel that the temperature there on Saturday was an unbelievable 120 degrees...

WTF???

One Hundred Twenty Degrees???

That's normal for Death Valley but South Dakota???

They also said it is currently hot in Europe... in the nineties when it is usually in the 70s... hmmmmm...

But no worries... There's NO such thing as global warming so sayeth the bushies... that the coming climate change is cyclical... uh huh... even if the coming change IS cyclical, what are we going to DO about it? cuz ya know, my friends... there weren't that many humans on the planet the last time this happened... not that many at all...

:roll:

damn...

120 degrees...

From Clark County, Washington
[url=http://www.columbian.com/lifeHome/lifeHomeNews/07182006news43833.cfm]Weather Eye: Coming heat wave could break records
[/url]

I cannot teach anybody anything,
I can only make them think.

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:21 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Where I live it is downright air conditioned compared to what you "easterners" are getting. It goes up to 70-75 max with a cool ocean breeze during the day, and goes down to 52-55 at night. Need an extra blanket for the nightchills. I remember those hot humid nights when no covers would be too many. But that was when I was an easterner. But I left that behind over 15 years ago to move out here.

Come join me in my cool island paradise.

It is supposed to get up over 80 this weekend for the first time this year, but like I said, there is always a cool ocean breeze blowing in from the south. No need for air conditioners here, unlike your situation. No rain for weeks now and things are drying up. That's normal for this time of year, but it usually rains at least once every 2 weeks. This year, hardly any, as the dry summer rolls on and causes those fires east of here. None here on the island yet, but it is sure tinder dry.

I really do feel sorry for you guys and gals, 'cause mother nature hasn't been very nice to you this year. Hope you can get your beauty sleep and catnaps in, 'cause lost sleep makes for angry tigers with hot tempers.

Just thought I'd report on the weather up in the northwest corner.

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:06 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I'm a left coaster... and it's HOT here... annnnnnnnnd it's gonna get hot where you are later this week, Do.g's...

:shock:

Got Iced Tea?

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:02 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The mountains of NC are sweltering in a humid heat wave, and where I am, near the Georgia line, it's incredibly hot but the early mornings are marvelous. I get up around 6 am, make hazelnut coffee, and drink it while I sit on the front deck and watch the sun rise over the mountains. Then I have to start watering all the plants and flowerbeds just so they'll make it through the day. Around 8 pm it starts to cool off again.

Thank the goddesses for air conditioning. AND maybe we'll get an isolated thunderstorm this afternoon. We need some rain.

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Humidity? what's that?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:44 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Hmmmm.... it's a mite humid here today... can't say as I like it much... causes sticky furr... yuck... yuckyuckyuck...

sposed to get back to normal tomorrow...

It's back into the blast furrnace...

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:08 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Thankfully, this week I am no longer working on top of the steam pipes. I was a pleasure working in front of a window under the blairing sun. Now instead of feeling like a lobster, I feel like an ant being fried under a magnifying glass.

Listen to me, if your kids ever give you a hard time about going to college, feel free to point at me, my broken burnt body, and laugh. Say, do you want to be like that??? Lol, that will make them change their minds. I'm ready for winter. I like winter, I can dress for it.
The summer on the other hand, I can only take off so many clothes before the people start pointing and laughing at me. :lol:

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:09 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Yes stripey, you're right- things are finally going to heat up this summer for us. Predicting 80-90 degrees. Tonight I took the old dog for a walk and had to put a coat on, the old lady had to put an extra blanket on the bed, and I have barely opened the windows this year yet. Keeps cooler during the day with the windows closed. The sun coming in warms the house just right and it starts to cool down around 6PM.

Where I live the winds flow across the Juan de Fuca Strait, right through our little town, with very little to slow them down. If you know the waters here they are usually 45- 49 degrees and so are too cool to swim in, but keeps things cooler near shore. We get fog fairly often in the summer and our yearly temperatures are from 32 in the winter to 75 in the summer on average. Just about perfect, except for the rain in the winter. Well I do live in a rain forest area, so rain is something you come to expect, and dress appropriately for. The summers are awesome though and sure make up for the rainy months.

Planning a trip to Cuba this winter at christmas. Hope it works out. Fight the SADs during winter.(Seasonal Affective Disorder)

As for iced tea- Just bought some decaf Green Tea after your suggestion. Thanks, I'll be ready.

the choice chooses them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:21 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I guess here in the Ohio Valley it got to.... well the bank signs said 106, 112, 108. We left to do some errands around 10 am. The bank said 94 then. At about 12 noon when we stopped for lunch and took the kids to get some ice cream it said 104. We started home around 4 and one bank said 112. I dont know about that one. Might need calibrated or something. The heat doesnt really bother me but the mrs. is an air conditioner freak.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:16 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Heat not bother you, justin? :shock: Are you perhaps... reptilian? :lol:

I don't know about you but 112 to me would be down right debilitating... and being exposed to anything over that is down right insanity...

8) I like shade... 8)

Yeah, CE, I'm ready for the cooler and wetter season to return too...

Anyone have any brie to go with my whine?

:roll:

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:11 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Here in N. Illinois the heat index was 126 last monday. I was out cutting down trees. Man that was rough!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:29 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

They say that these high temperatures adversely affect the air quality... a fact... and that the air quality in many of our cities will become downright nasty very soon... :shock:

Be Careful!

especially if the heat wave we are currently experiencing continues for any length of time...

we are going to HAVE to start thinking about how to cope with these types of temperatures SOON cuz... IMO, this is our new normal...

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:23 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I get yelled at by the mrs. in the car because i wont run the air conditioner. I like the windows down. I dont know why heat doesnt bother me. Im not sayin its not HOT. Its hot as hell. With humidity at 100% too. People tell me Im crazy all the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:31 am 

Justin, you are crazy all the time.

NO, NO, NO, just trying to oblige...

Is there anyone here who DOESN'T believe we have climate change going on?

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:30 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

justinmoon22 wrote:
I get yelled at by the mrs. in the car because i wont run the air conditioner. I like the windows down. I dont know why heat doesnt bother me. Im not sayin its not HOT. Its hot as hell. With humidity at 100% too. People tell me Im crazy all the time.

Well, Justin, crazy or not, the automobile association suggests that when driving around town to do so with the windows down and A/C off... cuz it saves gas... but when driving on the highway/freeway/tollway, whateverway, to roll the windows up and use the A/C to keep cool cuz the drag caused by driving with the windows down wastes gas...

Humidity at 100% must suck really bad... :shock: we have some now... 30% ish... which is WAY more than normal... and it sux...

:roll: my furr, my furr... I just can't do anything with it... :roll:

And just like having humidity which we rarely have, we are now under a heat advisory until Sunday and we rarely, if ever, have them... weird...

I have to say... and I mean this from the bottom of my paws to the tips of my nose and tail...

I don't like our NEW normal climate...

:lol:

Got brie?

~~ Socrates

Post subject: July 21st- hotter than hell- 2006
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:42 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Today it is warm but not unbearable, as long as you're not working in the sun. A light breeze off the ocean, 84 Degrees in the shade, 87 in the sun here in the country and 90+ in the city.

I do feel sorry for you people and your plight, but you can only visit us here and can't stay. I know Canada looks tempting in this heat, like a popsicle, but we can't fit you all here.

Took your advice and got a lawn chair and some iced tea and cool shades and have a spot reserved for you here in cool paradise. Island living. Irie.

Everyone at TVNL is welcome to come and cool off here in our backyard. C'mon up. Got the kiddie swimming pool in the shade and the beach is tempting and very cool.

Only mad DO.g's go out in the sun on days like today.

the choice chooses them

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next