It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:43 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: BOYCOTT Born-Again Businesses to Save the Constitution
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:40 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I saw this posted by Rigster at the Smirking Chimp:

Quote:
I have noticed a disturbing trend amongst Fundagelicals-they want to overthrow the Constitutional-based system of government and replace it with a Paulian Theocracy. They are funding it through their churches (like World Harvest in Columbus OH) while using candidate/officials like Kenneth Blackwell (and George Bush) to subvert the system from within.

What happens is, say you buy cookies from A Blessed Cookie Company (whose logo is an open bible under the business name). Part of their profit is tithed to their church, and part of that money goes to their political wing, which goes to take over the country and create a Paulian Taliban.

Hate the idea of funding your own enslavement? Me too. Take your business elsewhere, to businesses that do NOT display the xtian fish, crosses or other fundagelical icons (or bible quotes) in their shops, literature, advertising, etc.

It cannot hurt and might well help

Link: http://www.smirkingchimp.com/viewtopic. ... 18&forum=4

There are several of these types of businesses cropping up in my red state. Locally, we have Christian Plumbing - its logo is a monkey wrench sporting angelic wings and a Christian Martial Arts business. A big black cross is part of its sign. I look for the fish sign and/or a small painted bible and cross down in the corner of a window, too. One of the restaurants in my town plays only gospel as background music. I never patronize any of these businesses.

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:19 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

This is a scary concept. It isn't enough that they can pass the tray around for collections, tax free, this is a direct act of sharing power and corruption in the public domain. These people are dangerous and their methods are truly Machiavellian in their subtlety of an accepted business practice. Not to mention the monopolistic concepts of being told by religious leaders to support these organisations, and the advantages that people running these business' will garner. Probably their donation from participation will be tax free as well and this leaves the idea of kickbacks for participation to churches as another method of lobbying.

It is getting ridiculous. I keep remembering that book about "Theologians Under Hitler " and getting chills at how easy it is to become a part of the state machinery. WWJD really has become "What Would Judas Do". Jesus would be rolling over in his grave if he hadn't got up and walked out. If jesus can boycott death then we can boycott these establishments.

Beware of the Fundagelicals. They want more than your soul- They want it all- in heaven and on earth.

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:44 am 

I agree with everything said above, but have to add. These 'religious' organizations have more and more property--all tax free.

It was shocking when I started going to Roswell with my ex. Buffalo is hard hit financially, the houses and buildings are like something out of a ghost picture. But the churches (one on every corner in Buffalo), have new, up to date, sparkling buildings and grounds. Huge churches with huge areas around them, sparkling and clean.

What a contrast to what the people living in Buffalo have to live with. There have been times when garbage pick-up has been suspended for lack of funds.

I don't see any soup kitchens or help for the destitute being run out of the super holy churches. Only huge 'LIFE' signs all around.

What a fantasy world people who belong to such churches live in.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid