It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:55 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:54 am 
Involved
Involved

Hi Catherine!! I'm here!!! Hi everybody, My handle is ollie. Once upon a time, I was to the right of Attila the Hun, Catherine has turned me into a sort of liberal with conservative tendancies. A bio huh! Well here goes,

As a youngster I attended Admiral Farragut Academy which kind of turned me to the conservative side. I graduated in 1966, Joined the Coast Guard in 1967, became a Damage Controlman, discharged in 71. Used the G.I. bill to go to college. I'm married with three kids. Two are definite peaceniks, one is an officer on a submarine. After college, I sold shoes for three years then got into Building operations, engineer, Chief engineer, etc. Became a building manager. In the field for 27 years now.

Hobbies:well..............I'm a little weird. I do historical research. I trace the lives of Union and Confederate soldiers. I give presentations on the Confederate battleflag, preserving the Coast Guard Cutter Tamaroa, preserving cemeteries, preserving NY's battleflag collection, etc.

My latest project is helping my cousin trace the lives of several people buried in an old Rhode Island cemetery on land she owns.

Looking forward to some good discussions here.

Ollie

Post subject: Welcome aboard
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:03 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello Ollie! :wave:

I moved your post so that it is not burried in John's thread.

I think I should rename the board after Catherine! She is great.

Enjoy your time here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:05 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

:oops: Geez, don't name this board anything but what it is, Jesse...I feel like I sometimes dominate this board, but I don't mean to...I just post and respond...it's fun...and we're working hard to build up the active membership. I'm pretty selective on who I invite to TVNL...unlike some people I know at other boards. :twisted:

HI, OLLIE!

I know you will add pizzaaz to TVNL...you'll disagree and agree, which helps keep things interesting. Welcome to this board. I hope you come often and I'm so glad I will be able to stay in touch with you.

Maybe Jesse will start some history forums like we had at the other board.... A Civil War forum, a Coast Guard forum, an Army forum, etc...Just give Jesse your suggestions, Ollie, and he'll agree and do it if he possibly can.

He's a wonderful administrator. I want to adopt him and bring him home with me, but his mom won't let me. :cry:

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:32 pm 

Just stepped on your toes on another thread Ollie. Hope you don't take things personally--I didn't mean to be mean. Just expressing my own feelings.

Glad you are here--hope we can find things we can agree on too.

dori