It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:06 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Religious War is Bigger Than We Think
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:07 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I saw this post from balsemon at the Smirking Chimp this morning. It's very thought-provoking because, to me at least, it actually puts into a nutshell what so many Americans believe about Muslims. Please read it and then comment, if you will:

Here's the link: http://www.smirkingchimp.com/viewtopic. ... 11&forum=3

Quote:
Mom sent me this the other day. I about lost it:

Just contemplate this for a moment:
Can a good Muslim be a Good American! I found this to be very thought
provoking.

I sent that question to a friend who worked in Saudi Arabia for 20 years.
The following is his reply:

Theologically - no. Because his allegiance is to Allah, the moon
god of Arabia.

Religiously - no. Because no other religion is accepted by his Allah
except Islam (Quran, 2:256)

Scripturally - no. Because his allegiance is to the five pillars of Islam
and the Quran (Koran).

Geographically - no. Because his allegiance is to Mecca, to which he turns
in prayer five times a day.

Socially - no. Because his allegiance to Islam forbids him to make friends
with Christians or Jews.

Politically - no. Because he must submit to the mullah (spiritual leaders),
who teach annihilation of Israel and Destruction of America, the great
Satan.

Domestically - no. Because he is instructed to marry four women and beat and

scourge his wife when she disobeys him (Quran 4:34).

Intellectually - no. Because he cannot accept the American Constitution
since it is based on Biblical principles and he believes the Bible to be
corrupt.

Philosophically - no. Because Islam, Muhammad, and the Quran do not allow
freedom of religion and expression. Democracy and Islam cannot co-exist.
Every Muslim government is either dictatorial or autocratic.

Spiritually - no. Because when we declare "one nation under God," the
Christian's God is loving and kind, while Allah is NEVER referred to as
heavenly father, nor is he ever called love in The Quran's 99 excellent
names.

Therefore after much study and deliberation....perhaps we should be very
suspicious of ALL MUSLIMS in this country. They obviously cannot be both
"good" Muslims and good Americans.

Call it what you wish....it's still the truth.

Pass it on Fellow Americans. The religious war is bigger than we know or
understand.
--------
I shot back that anything said about Muslims could as easily be said about some Christians (like her friends). Haven't heard back since

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:51 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

The Saudi's seem to get along quite with Bushco., don't they. I'm sure that they can see the bigger picture here and learn to fit in.

This is more bigoted claptrap. I'm sure this person only sees one side of the issue as you pointed out. It's not as if 1000 years+ of history hasn't made them suspicious and hateful of us. To change things we must make the first steps at repatriating trust.

Of course this will never happen as we love continuous war and use it to pay for our wonderful capitalist democracy.

It really calls us to look east as well and see who is the real villain in this passion play of preference of deities and beliefs. Us or them? I think logic and critical thinking would solve the mystery.

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:06 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You're right, DO.g's...and notice that the person who had answered the question had worked among the Saudis for 20 YEARS!

Do you suppose his/her Saudi colleagues have the UGLY AMERICAN opinion of him/her? Someone has shown a degree of tolerance. Otherwise, the "relationship" would've soured long ago. This "Christian" person makes me sick...with his/her smug evaluation. I wonder if somewhere in Saudi Arabia there is a Muslim male or female wondering the same thing about the Americans in their midst.

Catherine

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:03 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Maybe you could respond with something like this- http://www.savethemales.ca/240902.html

Israel Shahak I have discussed before. He was a man who spoke out against Zionism and the goals of the IsrAmerilis project- the foundation of Israel.

Here's some examples of fact as opposed to this persons fiction-

Quote:
1)The Talmud, which consists of rabbinical interpretations of the law, treats Christ and Christians with contempt. Unlike the Koran, which regards Christ as a great prophet, the Talmud contains "very offensive precepts and statements directed specifically against Christianity.

2)The Talmud treats non-Jews as sub human and directs Jews to discriminate against them. For example, the concept of adultery "does not apply to intercourse between a Jewish man and a gentile woman; rather, the Talmud equates such intercourse to the sin of bestiality."

3)Shahak disputes whether Judaism is in fact monotheistic: "In many if not most of the books of the Old Testament, the existence and powers of 'other Gods' are clearly acknowledged, but Yahweh (Jehovah) is the most powerful of his rivals, and forbids his people to worship them."

4)The Old Testament does not have the same place in Judaism as the New Testament has for Christianity. Most biblical verses are reinterpreted by the Talmud in a sense that is distinct and quite contrary to their literal meaning. For example, the famous verse 'thy shall love thy fellow as thyself' (Leviticus 19:18) is understood as an injunction to love one's fellow Jew not any fellow man.

The discussion goes on, but what it implies is that the Hebrews are really the cause of the conflict that dates back 5000 years, and that it would be only natural to believe that there would be a force to counter this obvious bigotry and hatred.

It appears the Hebrews and their descendents have brought this karma of hatred upon themselves. It also appears that their god is not a true god after all, but one manufactured to justify this racist bigotry and hatred they purport to others.

Quote:
According to Shahak, classical Judaism is not so much a religion as an tyrannical system of social control administered by rabbis. Ordinary Jews were forced to obey a labyrinth of capricious laws on pain of fines, beatings or even murder, administered by the non-Jewish aristocracy that would get a share of the fines.

This article brings lots to the table for such a short article, but says a lot that this man/woman should be informed about.

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:05 am 

As I was reading the post, I thought--this applies to many 'religious' people no matter what that religion is. How about the Catholic couple that live around the corner from me. I have been screamed at morning, noon and night because I am not what they believe I should be. Those 2 AM calls telling me I am going to hell unless I repent are not a trun on, I can tell you.

Look at any of the narrowly religious people you know, or have heard of. That is the whole thing--they are narrow.

How could any of these people be good members of society, a society that includes people of many beliefs, if they can not feel empathy or inclusion with others?

I believe whoever wrote that piece can be counted among the narrow people.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:44 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

dori...I am appalled that anyone would have the gall to call YOU at 2 am and rant about repenting! :evil: Isn't this harrassment? Or is it no longer considered harrassment by those who make our laws if one is being called by Christians who are trying to "save" those of us heathen who are surely on our way to hell? Wonder what would happen if the local Muslim group started calling the Catholics at 2 am, admonishing them to pray five times a day on a mat, their heads turned toward Mecca, and their asses stuck in the air?

Catherine

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:19 pm 

This has been going on for years. These people are pretty well known for their extreme penchant of 'selling' their religion.

But I wonder, like you do, what would happen if a Muslim tried to do this to one of our super Christians? This particular couple would have the police on their tails. But since this is super Christian country, it is simply seen as odd that these people would come over and pound on my door, or call at the wee small hours to inform me of my future trip to hell.

It is harassment, but I figure they have enough problems just being themselves--until they actually make a move to harm me, I will let it be. I don't trust the police here any more than I trust them!

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid