It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:11 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:41 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

the cat....has turned into the devil. man, what an attitude this guy has. last night, i get off the computer and walk in the kitchen. my wife is there wiping some blood off her foot....that cat bit her!! lol...it's not funny, but...

anyways, he's just laying on the kitchen floor watching like nothing happened. if he wasn't so intriguing, i'd be pissed. anyways, he has started this thing about attacking her and my son...but...he doesn't do it with me. with me...he's a gentle little kitten...but with the two of them...he's constantly harassing them...like he knows he's breaking their balls.

so...i keep an eye on him. this devil will sit on the floor and stare at my wife while she's on the couch...i mean stare at her like he's pissed...lol. then, he'll try to sneak around and jump up there...when he does...he perches himself on the back of the couch and stares even more....kinda freaky...but he's just the opposite with me.

as i'm typing this, i can hear my son yelling at the cat because he's in there bugging him...same thing...stares then tries to make a move to attack.

they feed him and he's like a little kitten when it comes time to eat...he purrs and rubs against them...but any other time...it's like they're his targets. but, the wife doesn't hold it against him..nor my son...so he's safe for now. he's getting neutered soon so maybe that will cure him.

animals certainly can sense things about people....but, like i said, he never bothers me and is always nice with me..even lays next to me and sleeps.

maybe he's gay? lol...or maybe he just wants me to himself...however, if i pay attention to him, the dog gets jealous and runs over and chases the cat away.....sheesh....animals....dealing with their psychological issues is just as bad as dealing with human's issues.

think he'll out grow this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:51 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You know what you need, mga? Another kitten! OR get a catnip scratcher...they've got them at Wal-mart..pretty cheap, too. My cats love theirs...they'll actually lay on it and go from being kind of testy to very calm. Find some catnip in a pot and keep it inside, if you can. I grow it in a bed outdoors during the summer, and I often find one or two of my cats rolling around in it. They love it.

I love these stories you're telling us about this kitten. Keep them coming.

Quote:
Any play that results in owners' body being the target of the play should be avoided. The owner should initiate play periods and can try to anticipate and redirect the "attack" to a toy (e.g. carry a ball to toss). The owner should avoid giving any type of reward for the play aggression – running and screaming may only encourage the behavior. The owner should not deliver any direct interactive punishment (e.g. hit the cat) for the behavior as it may induce fear or defensive aggression. The owners can interrupt inappropriate play behavior with remote punishment (squirt bottle, alarm) or exit the room if cat instigates inappropriate play. Adding another cat of a similar
age and energy level is a treatment option.

http://cats.about.com/od/wheretoadoptac ... tens_6.htm

http://problemcatbehaviors.com/?hop=sarad

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:00 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

thanks, again, catherine. as i stated, the cat and i get along well...never a problem. he comes over, allows me to pet him and when i stop...he comes for more. my wife and son, on the other hand, don't seem to have that relationship with him...except when they feed him. god...he turns into the lovable little cat you read about in story books...lol sheesh...what a politician he's become.

but....he has many good points that far out weigh his bad. he's learned to open doors with his paws..and he knows which ones swing which way. lately, i noticed he's been watching the lever to flush the toilets...and i was wondering if he's going to figure that one out because he's fascinated with the water swirling....of all things...lol

he's learned what NO means...it means to back off...the wife taught him that. and the dog has taught him that when the micro wave chimes...there might be food available....they both come running into the kitchen now...probably because one thinks the other is going to get something.

it's funny that jealousy is a psychological trait in dogs...or, at least in mine. if she sees me petting the cat..she comes over and nudges the cat away. and he's learned when the dog barks, someone is at the door and he gets into his alert status too.

i'll go and read more at those sites...thanks again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:01 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Our next door neighbors are the type who have lots of animals and pay very little attention to them.

One of their cats had kittens a couple of months ago. They kept two out of the litter. They are very friendly and fearless. They aren't even afraid of my grandchildren!!!

One of them decided he likes our yard, and started spending most of his time there. Soon he was trying to get into our house everytime we opened the door. Finally, we gave up and let him in.

Now, he comes over every day, plays with our cat's toys, then goes home at night. He finds toys our cats lost years ago, and bats them all over the house. I don't think he has any toys at home. Our cat Mikey even plays with him now.

Looks like he has taken dual ownership of both houses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:22 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

i'm surprised he even goes home....you must not feed him. lol

i've adopted quite a few dogs over the years simply by feeding them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:47 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

mga wrote:
i'm surprised he even goes home....you must not feed him. lol

i've adopted quite a few dogs over the years simply by feeding them.

He eats our cat's food if they leave any in the bowl, but he adopted us well before he ever got anything to eat at our house. His mommy still lives next door. I'm sure that is the only reason he goes home at night.

We don't even know his name. We just call him, "that kitten".

This picture isn't "that kitten", but it looks exactly like him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:16 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

this is the devil's child:

now...why couldn't this cat look as cute as that one???? i have to end up with lucifer himself.

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/ ... h=imgAnch2

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/ ... h=imgAnch1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:00 pm 

I have to say I stopped by and saw this thread. Very funny! I don't think the kitten looks evil! He looks very sweet.......like it wouldn't hurt a fly. I've never owned a cat, but lived with one for awhile. I was the only person that could pet the cat and it would sleep with me. Even though I have no desire for a cat, can't stand the fur, I sure do enjoy hearing about their antics! Thanks for sharing the stories, they really make me laugh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:21 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

mga...your cat is the twin of Saber, one of the two black cats I have....those golden eyes, that playful stance, just ready to pounce! Hey, your cat is going to do fine. Saber is great, although I did not own him as a kitten. He showed up on my back deck in 2004. He knew where to come for love and care!

NINA!

Good to see you! Stop by more often and get back into the frays that often happen around here. We've missed you.

Catherine

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:42 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Ok - there is something to the short hair - gold eyes species. My Badass was the same only she was a bluish gray. Held her tail the same way. They have a mischievous side.

CORPORATE MEDIA = MASS MIND CONTROL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:47 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

He looks just like a little black cat I once had. He acted the same way. Sometimes he would go crazy and run right up your leg! One day he just disappeared. Never found out what happened to him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:02 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Hey get him one of those video's from Home Depot, then hand him a hammer and some nails. Leave him alone and see what happens. You may have a home improvement cat there.

I

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:39 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

well, it's been a couple of weeks now and "the cat" is getting bigger and, surprisingly, mellowing out some. however, i've noticed he flinches when i go to pet him....obviously someone must have wacked him a few times...probably young kids and the parents decided to get rid of him.

anyways, he's still fascinated with water and on thursday he's going to be...gulp...neutered. poor guy...lol but, he doesn't take any crap from the dog and shows no fear of anything. i'm still studying him to see what personality traits he is going to develop. he has learned from the dog tho. he knws when someone is at the door from the dog's bark...which is interesting. then again, who else does he have to learn from?

the dog, however, has a jealous streak. when the cat jumps on the couch and wants me to pet him...the dog runs over and tries to nudge him away. amazing that dogs would have this emotion. but the cat, simply paws at the dog enough to back her off....so, i have to sit there and, like two kids, pay equal attention to both....sheesh. talk about animals with issues...lol

but, that damn dog is very posessive of her food....she lets the cat know well in advance that food is NOT some thing she's willing to share. now this dog will eat anything...and i do mean anything!
all
from all fruits to vegetables, to any meat (of course) and the only thing she refuses to eat are rice cakes. other than that...it's in her mouth. we buy clemintine oranges...i love those...and so does the dog. it's impossible for me to sneak any past her.

i truly believe that dogs are the only animal that would eat themselves to death if given the chance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:13 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The video below is hilarious!

COMPULSIVE CAT

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 4936185526

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:24 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

O Holy cow! I hurt now thank you. That is funny.