It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:46 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Why Has There NOT Been Another 9/11?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:07 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
Of course, the Bush apologists will tell us it's what a great job he's been doing to keep us safe, but we know better. :roll:

There's so many gaping holes in our nation's security. Only 5% of cargo shipped into the country is given even the most cursory inspection. And remember what Tommy Thompson said when he retired from being Secretary of HHS: "For the life of me, I cannot understand why the terrorists have not attacked our food supply because it is so easy to do."

If there's so many crazed Arabs that want to kill us, what's to stop some nut from buying an assault rifle at a gun show and randomly opening fire on a mall or church?

I guess your answer has to do with with what you think really happened on 9/11 - gross negligence, LIHOP, or MIHOP

LINK TO ORIGINAL THREAD

WHAT DO TVNL MEMBERS THINK?

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Last edited by Catherine on Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:56 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

If they're going to "pull it", as Silverstein might say, then it has to be timed perfectly for all the right reasons. If you noticed we've been acclimatised for too long and the crying wolf syndrome is setting in. The latest arrests in England are just such an example. Cheney comes out crying "Wolf" and we all go "Lets wait and see". The time is almost perfect for them to act and continue their attempts at fear based social control. This election and the attempt to paint the DEMs as soft on Terror may have been the reason for Liebermans acts lately.

Once again, political manoeuvering is well thought out and staged to present an image that is conforming to the agenda that shapes their policy. When it happens will be when and where we least expect it.

I hear Illinois leads the list of terror targets. Perhaps somewhere in small town America. Sends a message that no matter where you are, you may be next. Just be aware that WE the government are here to protect you. We will do what is necessary to guard you, not the OTHER guy.

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:41 pm 
I agree w/you all on this one. It's ridiculous to think that the only reason there've been no big 'attacks' is because the Gov't has been SO effective in protecting us. Just walk on down to the southern border to see how 'secure' we are. An attack (most likely by 'our' own gov't) will happen if/when public support for The War becomes dangerously low. Rule-by-fear has been working SPLENDIDLY for DECADES. Nothing like fear (do-gooderness runs a close 2nd) causes people to surrender their 'C' rights. WWI, The Great Depression, WWII, Global Cooling, War on Drugs, Global Warming, War on Terror, etc., etc.--ALL (Statist)manufactured crises that've led to a break-down in 'C' rule. ALL presided over by Dems AND Reps.

"I think there are 25,000 individuals that have used offices of powers, and they are in our Universities and they are in our Congresses, and they believe in One World Government. And if you believe in One World Government, then you are talking about undermining National Sovereignty and you are talking about setting up something that you could well call a Dictatorship - and those plans are there!"
Congressman Ron Paul at an event near Austin, Texas on August 30th, 2003

"In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happened, you can bet it was planned that way."
Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule."
Henry Louis Mencken (1880-1956), American editor, critic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:27 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

shane's last post here was removed because it was an obscene remark to another member of the board.

shane, please refrain from such vulgarity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:22 pm 
Sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:30 am 

the reason for no attack?

timing that will serve to finally cement the fear into the populaces mind that it will be finally ok to give up thier guaranteed freedoms in exchange for the faux security of the full implementation of the patriot act.

our forefathers wewnt by the catch phrase " give me liberty or give me death". you'll notice it doesn't say give me security or give me death.

if our forefathers wanted security we'd still be saying god save the king or queen instead of hail to the chief err i mean "thief".

and the whore still rides.

Post subject: No attack thats easy
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:33 pm 

Because there are so many people that don't believe what happened on 9/11 an that if anything happened again it would be under more scrutiny. This whole debacle is imploding around them and we know who they are. All the kings horses-asses an all the kings yes men are not going to be able to put Iraq back together again :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:26 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The response posted by shane7 was off-topic and contributed nothing but spam to the thread. It has been deleted.

Please refrain from posting material that does not pertain to the topic being discussed.

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:37 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

It is well-known and assiduously documented that the Bush Crime Family has been doing business with the Bin Ladens for DECADES; they are, after all a part of the Saudi ruling family. (Yes, Usama is a multi-millionaire.)

Personally, I think that the message was passed along for alQaeda to stand down for the time being. If we see another attack of the magnitude of 9/11, it will likely be around thee 2008 presidential election...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:50 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I have often wonder about why there has been no further attack, but, there was no attack for almost eight years prior to Bush taking office and the first attack on the WTC happened shortly after Clinton took office and could have been planned long before that. Thinking that Bush Sr was a shoe in to win re-election.

That would have put into play what was accomplished with this attack.
Second why should they attack here, when they have the entire middle east to play in. By going to war in Iraq Bush simply created a killing ground for not only our service members, but, for Iraq's and others also.

What I anticipate happening is sometime in late 2007 or early 2008 there will be a attack of some sort. Bush will declare Martial law and give some kind of executive order, and once the EO is put in place, it limits what Congress can do for six months. The ones responsible will be captured or kill while being captured and this will insure the election for the Conservatives.

Just my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:52 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

DarkKnight2, I happen to agree with that opinion. Worst case scenario: Terrorist attack that kills MANY people and 2008 elections are suspended.

I know, I know; I have a HORRIBLY vivid imagination...

Last edited by Angel Of Mercy on Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:15 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

that is exactly what would happen, when declares martial law. The elections will be postponed and then when he feels the time is right, the "killers" will be killed while being captured. He becomes the good guy once again and he continues on as president.

You know it is scary that some of us and others actually think this is a possibility. He has caused many Americans to distrust our own government.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:21 am 

Quote:
He has caused many Americans to distrust our own government.

This government SHOULD be distrusted! The problem is, there are so many that DON'T distrust the government as it is.

Isn't it amazing that with all that has happened, so many people still believe in Bush Inc.? That is the part that boggles my mind.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:58 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Dori wrote
Quote:
Isn't it amazing that with all that has happened, so many people still believe in Bush Inc.? That is the part that boggles my mind

Dori, it not only boggles my mind, it scares me to no end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:20 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

DarkKnight2, we are on the very same page. These people are conscience-challenged, they are thugs and they are murderers who will stop at NOTHING. (Did you know, by the way, that the "Ames" strain of anthrax that was mailed to Dems Daschle and Leahy existed in only one place on Earth? True fact; it was crafted in a CIA weapons lab...) Do you believe Paul Wellstone's death was accidental? I don't.

If you can find it, I would suggest reading Crossing The Rubicon by Michael Ruppert of fromthewinderness.com. It will tell you things about 9/11--from public, media sources!--that you never, ever suspected.

Personally, I'm terrified...