It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:51 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ..and more religious insanity:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:22 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

i'd love to get this guy and beat the living shit out of him....then do it again...then shoot him.

then again....i do hope this is a joke:

Quote:
Therefore, we must get beyond whippings and such and consider other ways of inflicting pain on troubled children, so that the devil may be forced from them and they may be saved from eternal hellfire!

A particular punishment that I have thought up recently is more harsh than mere whippings or cannings, and therefore, it could be used for the most disobedient children and the ones who are truly troubled. It is called the punishment chair. Do you know about the electric chair? It was used for putting criminals to death! Well the punishment chair is similar to the electric chair. The key difference is that it may be built to smaller sizes so that it can accompany children, and the operating voltage is significantly lower so that it will not kill. However, it will inflict a great deal of pain! A standard sized electric chair can also be used as a punishment chair. However, the voltage must be kept low enough such that it won't result in death - only intense pain. As for the sizing - If a standard size electric chair is used, then books, bricks, pieces of wood, or a booster seat should be placed on the seat of the chair so that the child is seated high enough for his head to be placed in the Helment that is lined with a wet sponge, so that the electric current can be conducted through his body. As for the strength of the current, the current passing through the body must not be high enough to cause death, but it should cause intense pain. That is the reason the operating voltage must be kept sufficiently low, so that the electric current passing through the child's body is not too strong. As for the duration of the punishment - It must be long enough such that that the child learns his lesson! If the punishment results in unconsciousness before the child learns his lesson than the child must be woken up, and the punishment must continue! If the punishment results in blood seeping from the eyes, than so be it! If this occurs, then the punishment must be discontinued until the child recovers from the injury, and then the punishment must be continued until the child learns his lesson. How do you know when the child learns his lesson? That is when the child recants his misdeeds and acknowledges his sinful nature, and pledges to commit himself to the Lord, Jesus, and promises to become a good child from that day forward! That is the way that we can deal with truly troubled children! This may seem somewhat harsh to many of you. Well, I contend that, for some children, it is impossible to simply spank or even beat the devil out them.

http://jesusloveseverything.blogspot.com/

i'm getting fed up with this christian insanity.....when does the apocalypse happen so we can have open season on them???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:32 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

This is one sick bastard. Lots of sickos have been arrested for trying to lure children into their x-rated chatrooms, and it seems to me posting things like this on the internet should also be a crime. Child abuse is child abuse.

Using religion for one's sick fantasies has become quite fashionable in the last few years, and it ranges from Islam to Christianity. George Bush is the poster boy for the Christians and OBL is the poster boy for the Muslims. Now, though, instead of lowlifes indulging in their fantasies in dark and smoky rooms, they now indulge themselves from the halls of government and/or from unlimited bank accounts.

The world has gone mad.

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:55 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quote:
when does the apocalypse happen so we can have open season on them???

Don't worry about shooting them. Once it starts you will be right there with the rest of us. :D

DK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:41 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

DarkKnight2 wrote:
Quote:
when does the apocalypse happen so we can have open season on them???

Don't worry about shooting them. Once it starts you will be right there with the rest of us. :D

DK

not me....i'm a true atheist. the apocalypse fantasy is only for those who believe it's actually happening. but, i'm willing to assist them into getting to their kingdom of god.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:18 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

A atheist was in the woods hunting when a bear attacked him. While lying on the ground he started to pray,
"Please God, don't let this bear eat me, please."
God said. "Hmm all these years you denied me and now when you are about to dye you want me to help you."
"I'm sorry God, I should not have denied you. Please save me, if you won't do that please make the bear a Christian."
"God said, granted."
The bear said" Bless this food we are about to receive."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:35 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Psalm 14:1, written by David in around 1000 B.C., mentions atheism – “The fool says in his heart, ‘There is no God.’”

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:21 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

*yawn*

i've heard them both before...many many times.

i still won't believe in the easter bunny.

sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:56 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quote:
i still won't believe in the easter bunny

I could deal with everything else. But, you don't believe in the Easter Bunny. Your evil, just plain evil. :lol:

Post subject: I must ask where is he now?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:28 am 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

I could quote for hours, I've done so in quite a few philosophy classes, luckily here I don't have to it's been done for me. http://tvnewslies.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=3124 This thread lists pretty much all the major ones.

Within the bible and particularly the Old Testament portion thereof YHWYH the god of the Hebrews, is an active presence upon the Earth. He smites the enemies of his followers, commands his priests and appears on the world in the form of manifestations of portent. He destroys entire cities by divine means and sends "angels" to bring wrath and retribution upon those he finds offensive. Through his intervention his chosen drive the entire empire of Egypt to its knees.

Now while in his actions I would have to judge a god of this sort as being evil, that's a god I can get behind. I mean cool if I venerate and obey him he'll help me out and harm my enemies. MY QUESTION IS WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM?? I have yet to see any of the wildly improbable and obviously divine acts of the unnamed Christian god. I mean where is he, what can he do for or against me? If there were some sign of an actual divine presence upon the earth I'd be the first to go for that, but where is it? All this faith, where is the being the faith is being put in because I certainly don't see any sign he even exists?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:38 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

in the movie "we were soldiers" with mel gibson, it showed american troops praying before going into battle. then, it also showed the vietnamese troops also praying before they were going to fight the americans.

likewise, today, american troops pray before fighting in the ME, and so do the muslims they US is fighting. both sides are praying to a "god". so, when an american dies, does this mean his god didn't care for him? or, did it mean that allah smited the bad guy?

when a muslim dies, does that mean allah wasn't there for him? or, does it mean that "god" helped smite the bad guy?

people pray to a "god" for all sorts of reasons...mostly it's psychological....and good die with the bad no matter what. it has nothing to do with any "god" or supreme being supposedly watching over all this crap on earth...it's just the way things are.

if you expect any "god" to intervene like the fairy tales in the bible, you are in for a major disappointment. man controls his destiny...not any alleged god.

ok...we derailed form the OP. christians who favor beating kids in an effort to drive out the devil are no better than those "horrible taliban" we hear so much about.

i have said it many many times: we should count our lucky stars that america has CIVIL laws to protect us from RELIGIOUS laws, because if we didn't, the christian idiots would be enacting laws rivaling those of the taliban.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:11 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
people pray to a "god" for all sorts of reasons...mostly it's psychological....and good die with the bad no matter what. it has nothing to do with any "god" or supreme being supposedly watching over all this crap on earth...it's just the way things are.

if you expect any "god" to intervene like the fairy tales in the bible, you are in for a major disappointment. man controls his destiny...not any alleged god.

ok...we derailed form the OP. christians who favor beating kids in an effort to drive out the devil are no better than those "horrible taliban" we hear so much about.

i have said it many many times: we should count our lucky stars that america has CIVIL laws to protect us from RELIGIOUS laws, because if we didn't, the christian idiots would be enacting laws rivaling those of the taliban.

mga, I grew up in a Christian household, and it was always very natural that we "pray about it," or "just let God take care of it after you've prayed about it to him." Then, when I had prayed about it and it didn't work out the way I'd wanted, I felt somehow cheated! Of course, that was a child's reaction, but it still stayed with me as an adult when I began to question the feasibility of religion. In a way, asking for things in prayer is a very conceited thing to do. To think that the "ruler of the universe" will run to my assistance is the height of arrogance, I believe.

If it happens, if a prayer is "answered," it implies that everyone else, such as other human beings, are "de-selected", unfavored by this ruler, and that I am special, above it all. When it doesn't happen, like you said in your post, does that mean that the god of the 'enemy' is better than the god I've been praying to? Does his think more of him than my god thinks of me?

Most Christians have doubt, but their religion seems to make them feel somehow validated in that doubt if their god doesn't answer their prayers. OR it makes them very compliant by saying, "Well, I guess he didn't think I deserved what I was asking for."

Guilt and acquiesance can create a gullible personality. And such people are also ripe pickings for the Bushies and other arrogant types who want to abuse the power religion has given them.

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:14 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

amen to that, catherine. (no pun intended)

good reply.

but, i was hoping one of the christian members would have replied as to why their god allowed allah to kill one of his people. this should be good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:50 pm 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

In a way my last post was an attempt at humor :oops: but it was also more than that. I'm not saying I believe in the biblical accounts, nor am I saying that expect the "ruler of the universe" to come to bat for me. I find the very concept of the monotheistic god ridiculous. I was attempting through humor to make the point that if this a supposed "god" can't give me some form of help in this physical world why should I even believe in their existence let alone respect them. Ultimately one has to ask the question what do I get out of this? If as seems to be the case with all religions I've watched there is no hint of the existence of the supposed entity they are worshipping then all that effort and fervor is completely wasted and pointless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:11 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

i'm very open about my atheism...more now than ever....and i'm finding out there are many more who are like me and there are many who also have great doubts.

however, i also find that these people, the ones who have doubts, are also afraid that they may be wrong....lol it wasn't easy to shed years and years of brainwashing...i'll be the first to admit that. but, when you do take that step away and really take a long hard look at what and how you believed in for so long....it's almost embarrassing to think you actually did that.

now, when i see these people of all faiths, acting as they do, i just thank god i'm not part of it. (that was a joke) but, even christians are becoming just as freaky as some middle easterners...that's what's so alarming.

i am being surrounded by them more so every day!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:41 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

You know mga there are people like that all over the world. There are those here who think that God protects them and they handles snakes. I don't know if he does or not. Maybe it is just their faith that protects them and then again, there are those that have been bitten and not died and those that have died.

There are religions that believe they are the true religion and that all others are false and everybody there will go to hell and only they will go to heaven.

There are the far wackos who have cults and people have died believing them. I cannot answer which religion is right or if any of them are right. We each have our own belief and that is what helps us survive in this crazy world.

I would not attempt to change your mind, nor would I say what you believe is wrong. It is what you believe and therefor to you it is truth. I believe differently and believe that there is a God, I also cannot answer why at times there is pain and suffering in the world. Maybe that is the grand design, maybe we have to learn to live with ourselves without help. So far I think we are doing a pretty shitty job.

What is good is that we are able to carry on a conversation without insulting the way each of us believes. I have never "talked" to someone who does not believe in something. So I hope you do not take this personal when I ask a question.

Would you care to share why you changed your belief? If not then I understand that also.

Thanks
DK