It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:18 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 9/11 Road Trip
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:39 pm 
While nothing is real until it actually happens, I most likely will be in New York City for the anniversary of the 11th, and plan to report as extensively as I can on what I see when I get back. Anything specific the forum members might like me to keep an eye out for, post a reply to this thread. Thank you.

-GR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:27 am 

Has the area been cleaned up? Are people living in a toxic area yet? I have the feeling they are.

Also look for t-shirts and bumper stickers that would indicate which side of the political race people seem to be following.

I would hope people in New York know they have been shafted by this administration.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:43 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quote:
I would hope people in New York know they have been shafted by this administration.

Unfortunately I do not think that is the case. But, I believe the tide is changing.

If you can see if Tower 7 is indeed open for business. I have heard that it is but businesses are not beating down the door to rent space there. I am thinking that will be the case no matter what is built at ground level were the twins stood.

Have a safe trip and get a Nathan's Hot Dog.

Post subject: T-shirt
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:31 pm 
For those who can't make the trip, you can still buy a T-shirt.

Investigate 9/11 T-shirt

Post subject: Re: T-shirt
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:05 pm 
GlassRace wrote:
For those who can't make the trip, you can still buy a T-shirt.

Investigate 9/11 T-shirt

T-shirts in L and XL are sold out until the end of the week, according to the URL. This may be a good sign that many will be there.

My time off from work is confirmed, so barring any hideous tragedies, I will be there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:49 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

GlassRace, please keep a journal of what you see and your impressions of everything...people, overheard conversations, places, atmosphere....you know the stuff. The TVNL people will probably be around, too, so be on the lookout for them. You can see what they might be wearing if you go to the TVNL SHOP site and look around.

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Back Home
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:39 am 
BACK HOME FROM 9/11 ROAD TRIP

Sloth (one of my forum moderators) and I just got back from Ground Zero, and, speaking for myself -- though I'm sure sloth would agree -- I'm really glad I went. Got a ton of pics. The only negative experience of the day were those few people who shouted out at us angrily when we did our silent parade, several blocks long, two by two. (But after the parade, there were more people who came up to us asking for T-shirts and more information. This is when I passed out DVD's in a major way -- to individual human beings who are ready to make that next step.)

Here's my point. When someone in my family is killed, I expect a full investigation, both for my personal sense of closure and for any concept of justice. But not everyone who lost someone in 9/11 seems to feel that way; some feel that the 9/11 Truth Movement wants something less than the absolute best for the families -- why?

What can we do to establish a bridge of understanding that the 9/11 Truth Movement is IN NO WAY meant to disrespect the victims or surviving families of 9/11?

Any ideas?
___

ASK QUESTIONS, DEMAND ANSWERS

The following is the National Press Club presentation by 9/11 Citizens Watch, carried by C-SPAN, with 9/11 families themselves asking questions and demanding answers.

C-SPAN clip

9/11 CitizensWatch

9/11 Press for Truth
___

We got a ton of photos. A new WTC 7 is already rebuilt. It will take time to get all the photos translated into a form that's viewable in the forum, but we'll get it done.

At the moment, I'm taping all this crap off of C-SPAN and throwing down the first gauntlet of forum posts. Very interesting is the event of Kean and Hamilton beginning to tentatively come forward at the National Press Club event to discuss their new book. Having gone on this trip, I understand now -- one reason at least -- why politicians lie. Timing. Pure, simple timing, driven by awkwardness, and even momentary fear if not ulterior knowledge. Not that politicians, entrusted to be our leaders, deserve a free pass to act like cowards. Not that politicians deserve a free pass to continually push off their responsibilities to the point where it becomes the next generation's problem. Not that politicians aren't more often than not criminals. But after having walked the gauntlet personally in New York and being directly shouted at with intense hostility and ignorance on the streets, now I know something I didn't know before -- politics is war.

Quarterbacking the game strictly from forums has its limits.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:52 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

WELCOME BACK, GR!

I'm looking forward to your photos and to your report on everything you saw.

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:04 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Glass, I went to the Loose Change web site. Is there anyway to download the movie so I can burn it and watch it on television? Can't afford to purchase the DVD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:16 pm 
Catherine wrote:
WELCOME BACK, GR!

I'm looking forward to your photos and to your report on everything you saw.

Thank you! Yes, I'm working out the first pass of notes now, and it's surprising because while I was up there, I didn't feel like I was learning some mind-blowing amount of stuff . . . But now that I'm back, MAN! My mind is really taking off with everything, and I can see cutting the notes is going to be a huge, but very worthwhile, process. I'm saying it will be awhile to get this all together, but I suppose I'll post a first draft excerpt below to give you guys something to live on while I work my ass off in the studio getting this story closer to completion.

DarkKnight2 wrote:
Glass, I went to the Loose Change web site. Is there anyway to download the movie so I can burn it and watch it on television? Can't afford to purchase the DVD.

There should be, but I'll have to check. They had boxes of DVD's for free in New York. They gave them out to us to pass out to the crowd, but passing stuff out to strangers is the toughest way to go, as far as getting stuff across; and it just doesn't suit my personality. But later that day, when it was just me and sloth, people would see our t-shirts and ask us about it. And in no time I passed out 4 of the 5 DVD's I had to pass out. If I can burn copies on my own, I'll probably do that and start passing them out. Right now I wish I had at least 30 - 50 copies just to pass out to the people at work. One kid in NY also said he had trouble downloading Loose Change, so I'll try to burn copies, and if I can do it successfully, DK2, I'll send you a PM and mail you a copy if you like. If we agree to do that, let's handle all the details in a PM.

CHRONOLOGY NOTES (demo)

Even these notes could be fleshed out with quite a bit more detail, so it's going to take time, like I said. But the following is a demo cut, a trailer if you will, of the GR text relating to the trip.

GlassRace wrote:
CHRONOLOGY NOTES

Part I. Journey Up

Sloth arrived Sunday evening @ GR's apartment; we talked and watched football; the game was over @ 11:30 so we caught a few z's, waking up at 1 a.m. and hitting the road for New York

in northeastern Maryland we ate at a Waffle House; we were the only people in the restaraunt, and the two employees were nice and mentioned to us about the two "crackheads" running around in the darkness outside, looking for "a ride"

travelling up the dark highways we were surprised by the frequency of tolls in the Maryland/Delaware area; then we hit the NJ turnpike, which is where GR kept almost falling asleep then snapping back awake; sloth played a mixture of music on the CD player and rolled the window all the way down quite a bit to stay awake; the further north we went, the colder it got

we reached our exit on the NJ turnpike and were pleasantly surprised that the toll was only $5 and change; the little card we got upon entering the turnpike led us to believe that the toll would be more like $20

the streets of Newark that led us to Penn Station were the usual bombed out post-industrial wasteland that is typical of the northeast; we arrived at the parking lot at 4:54 a.m., worked out where on the lot to park with the Jamaican accent attendant, grabbed our packs, and headed into the station

we wandered around the station looking for where to buy tickets; it was a little confusing because about four different styles of train run through the station, and we specifically needed a PATH (Port Authority) train, and a machine that sold one-way tickets, not 30-day passes, which was the only thing available from the first machine we found

the vibe of the station was interesting; for example, we stopped in the restroom, and they were opening it up -- sort of a prison fence inside that divided it in half; some homeless looking types were in there cleaning up; on the platform there were numerous styles of employees, from maintenance to security to train operators, conductors, etc. they were from all different nationalities, as were the passengers on the train itself; boarding the train GR was impressed with the magnificent diversity of the New York/New Jersey population

the train operator finally boarded, and she had this beautiful long straight platinum blonde hair that was striking against her navy blue railroad hat and uniform; GR took this as a good omen for our trip that we had a good-looking driver to take us to the World Trade Center

it was about five stops and fifteen or twenty minutes from Newark to the WTC; even though it was 5:30 a.m. when we departed Penn Station, the train became quite full by the second stop, with all seats taken and some people standing

when we rolled into the WTC station, sloth tapped GR on the shoulder to look out the window behind him; outside the window was Ground Zero itself, the train track cuts right through the side wall and into the "bath tub" of Ground Zero; it was truly a remarkable sight, all at once, to see exactly in real life what we had only known through images; steel and jagged concrete, screeching train wheels and the occasional brilliant blue spark of electricity, sort of a half-finished futurescape of half rock and half modern technology

we exited the train and proceeded up several escalators and staircases to reach the street; around this time is when GR took his first photo, of inside that station itself; while coming up the final escalator to the street, the dark blue sky was absolutely magnificent; exactly like some of the dark blue skies in the background in the movie King of New York, except it was real life, and it was cold, with a gusting breeze pinballing through the indifferent, utterly vertical valleys between skyscrapers, carrying with it the fragrance of pavement, exhaust, and time

Ground Zero is at the intersection of Church St. and Fulton St., and the place was crawling with cops and media, even at 5:55 a.m.; above all, the beauty of the sight was stunning; the striking blue sky and the buildings, the impact of seeing Ground Zero and how compact it is, nestled in between the many other glass and steel structures; a new WTC 7 has already been built and is standing there like a blue glass ghost under an indigo dawn

Last edited by Guest on Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Loose Change
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:18 am 
Loose Change has a few photos and a brief statement now at their main URL:

http://www.loosechange911.com/

My research partner, sloth, can be seen on the far left of the fifth photo from the top. GR can be seen in the photo below that, toward the back center of the photo, the dude with the shades is yours truly.

Last edited by Guest on Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:07 am 

Last night CNN had a report on Loose Change like it just started to happen. The most disturbing part of it was that they continuously called it a conspiracy theory and then had people on to debunk and pretty much make fun of people for questioning what happened that day. I'm going to hunt on CNN for a stream of that segment and if I can find it I will post it back here (or maybe in the video thread...) Anyway, I'll let you know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:23 am 

Hey DK, you can download the whole video (its broken into three parts) on this site: http://www.question911.com/linksall.htm. And you should be able to burn it from there. If I remember when I watched it, its going to be a sorta small screen, so you may want to watch it at your pc, rather than on your tv (unless you like to sit really close to your tv or use binoculars or something).

Post subject: Photo Blog
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:12 pm 
My partner, sloth, did a really nice job posting some photos and a few notes from our trip here:

http://september-11-2006-at-ground-zero.blogspot.com/

And a zoom on the badge who photographed us.

And the new 7 at dawn.

Post subject: Loose Change Pics
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:35 pm 
Pics from the Loose Change Forum.

As you will see, this really was a big event you guys. We need to pour the steam on now more than ever. Popular Mechanics has been forced to come out with a book, with a foreword by Senator John McCain and an endorsement by Richard A. Clarke, in some vain attempt to make our case go away. We have a responsibility as human beings to ensure that these attempts fail . . .

http://www.popularmechanics.com/blog/911mythsblog