It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:16 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: the phoney war?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:16 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

maybe.....

The Phony War

President Bush not only created a fake "War on Terror" to scare voters into supporting his policies -- he is failing to address the real threat facing America

ROBERT DREYFUSS

In August, even before the official announcement that some two dozen would-be terrorists had been arrested in London, President Bush and his top advisers swung into action. Their goal was not to stop the terrorists, who were already safely behind bars, but to use the threat to justify the president's seemingly endless "War on Terror."

story.....here:

Link

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:58 pm 

the neocon/facist/skull'n bonesmen are using this phony tactic/war the same way hitler and his thule society henchman did in pre WWII germany.

the problem for the bushicons though is that today we have access to so much more info via a somewhat free press.

but when the patriot act becomes fully implemented after the next staged terrorist attack on american soil you will no longer be able to question, view or have any sort of access to what, where when and why the bushicops are doing whatever they see fit to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:59 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

the internet.....it'll be the next target of homeland security. they'll say that too many "terrorists" are gathering information on the internet, or are being encouraged by anti-bush forums and blogs, therefore they'll have to closely monitor it, perhaps closing some web sites, forums etc because they are a threat to national security.

should we take bets when this will happen?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:55 pm 

along within forum members like us wh've posted many comments with an air of dissent which they will deem to be terroristic in nature and thus a threat to thier version of national security.

we are already in thier servielance data base. those who are currently being viewed as dissenters have bullseyes on thier backs.

mark my words.

and if you haven't read the full provisions of the patriot act i'm begging you to take thew time to do so. it reads almost as if hienrich himmler himself wrote it.

scary stuff indeed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:58 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

i've read parts of it...interesting but it puts me to sleep...lol...like reading a law book.

many people haven't really read it, they just accept the the simple version and then ask me why i'm so concerned about it. ha ha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:20 am 

When the full force of it comes into our lives, believe me, it will not put anyone to sleep!

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:51 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

dori wrote:
When the full force of it comes into our lives, believe me, it will not put anyone to sleep!

ya know what? i really don't think americans want to know the actual wording and what exactly the patriot acts says it can do. i read what a "terrorist" was and what they consider "terrorist acts"...and believe me, many americans can be arrested under the patriot act as terrorists for normal crimes against society that would otherwise be covered under civil laws.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:50 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Deception indeed.

Kinda sounds like the bible. Most people believe in it but how many have actually read it.

If you could actually get them to read it they may see things differently.

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:24 am 

mga wrote:
dori wrote:

ya know what? i really don't think americans want to know the actual wording and what exactly the patriot acts says it can do. i read what a "terrorist" was and what they consider "terrorist acts"...and believe me, many americans can be arrested under the patriot act as terrorists for normal crimes against society that would otherwise be covered under civil laws.

I don't think Congress has read it! And obviously, Bush is more interested in 'catching' environmentalists and peace activists as well as Democrats than people who work against America. After all, if he were after them, he would be after his own party.

Not only do Americans not want to know what is in the Patriot Act, they don't want to know the voting record of their Congresscritters. In fact, many don't have a clue who their Congresscritters are. Americans work at the job Bush has given them--they shop. The ones who can still afford to at least. And the Rs don't care about the others.

Bushcons who come on this board and like to poke us with sticks are doing their job--keeping us distracted from working FOR a decent and caring America. They do not realize this is not our only activity, and they are only a distraction for a very short time. I do not know one person who has been tempted to change into becoming one of them by their tactics.

I guess they have nothing else to do, eh?

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid