All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pope regrets putting his foot in his mouth
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:55 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Pope 'sincerely regrets' he offended Muslims

however, he doesn't apologize:

Vatican stops short of apologizing for remarks Benedict made during trip

ISTANBUL, Turkey - Leaders across the Muslim world demanded Pope Benedict XVI apologize for remarks linking Islam and violence, but the Vatican stopped short of doing so Saturday, saying instead the pontiff “sincerely regrets” that Muslims were offended.

Benedict’s speech in Germany this week unleashed a torrent of rage among Muslims and stirred fears of violent anti-Western protests like those that followed the publication of caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14861689/

ahem...now for my editorial: here's the catholic king pin, not lifting a finger to order catholics to demand and pray for peace, knowing full well the most christian nation on the globe is gung-ho for war, and he has the balls to call the muslims "violent" people.

i have yet to see this pope decree that catholic churches stop politicking for candidates and start praying for world peace. since he's obviously not into world peace, how can he throw stones living in a glass house?

the muslims fight the west in the name of allah, or god, the christians fight the muslims in the name of democracy. is there really a difference?

here is a guy who is supposed to be the right hand man of god, the ruler of christianity, the example people look up to and about the only thing he does is no different than when miss america says "i want to fight world hunger". this pope, the king of catholics, gives no impression he seeks peace, but instead seems to encourage christians hating muslims by his recent statements.

ok..i'm done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:09 pm 

Ummmmm not all Christians are catholic and do not follow the teachings of the Catholic church. Take Marin Luther for example. However, since I personally don't pay attention the what the pope says I have no idea of his political views or what is said in the catholic church. I honestly never hear my catholic friends talk about it though either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:11 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

are you a lutheran?

not that it matters, of course.

so, outside of the catholic church, then the pope is nothing...right? i mean, no one pays attention to him if they aren't catholic....right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:27 pm 

No not Lutheran, but if I'm not mistaken the pretestant church came out of the catholic chuch via martin luther. Catholics were not always being taught the bible back in those days but what the some of the corrupt priests were teaching them. Anywayyyy again if my brain is remembering correctly most protestant churchs them seperated out from the Lutherans. I could be wrong on that though. LOL Ahhhh this is funny. I feel like I'm back in confirmation!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:30 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

i believe the very first religion was judaism (if i spelled that right) then christianity was created from that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:59 pm 

Hmmmmm actually I would think atheists would think more along the lines of a first religion as being like the druids or some such religion as that. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:04 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

aren't the freemasons a like shoot-off of the druids? or something like that...maybe i better read up on the druids and post back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:13 pm 

If not mistaken the druids were in england. They think they are who built stonehenge? I could be remembering wrong. The masons I thought weren't around until the US was in it's infantcy. However, I could just be thinking that because I watched a bit of"National Treasure" with my son.