It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:43 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:21 am 
Hear Me Roar!

CrimsonEagle wrote:
Quote:
Except it doesn't get digested because they have a Diebold intestinal system.

All excellent!!

I wanted to focus on this just a bit.

Look at what is going on in Mexico right now. There were millions marching in protest over the vote fraud, heck, they pretty much shut down the city. Now I read somewhere that they are still having major problems, right now the government is split, one group following the (so called) elected president, and the other group following the one that lost due to fraud. These people are taking action in a magnificent fashion!

What did we do?

America has lost its will for freedom. We are either so focused on ourselves, or lazy, or afraid that we were willing to sit back and watch 2 presidential elections get stolen with barely a whimper. Ahhh yes, America the great.

I honestly think that our forefathers would spit on us in disgust. Many fought and died to obtain the freedoms that we once had, yet we piss it all away. Should we not have the same fire in our souls as they had? Shouldn't we be willing to sacrifice as much as they have to keep that which they fought so hard to obtain?

We have failed. We were given something that was priceless, something that we should have watched as if our lives depended on it (because it did), yet we fell asleep. We allowed ourselves to be lulled by the voice of tyranny. We should be ashamed.

Many have become so brainwashed into thinking that this government can do no wrong that they will find a reason to defend its actions no matter how bad these actions are. Talk about being obediently blind.

So here we have it. Mexico. A country that so many Americans talk about with disdain is showing Americans what true courage is.

They are willing to stand up and demand what is right. Now the big question is, what will it take to get the American people to stand up?

We have not done it yet, what makes anyone think it will be different now?

Who among us is willing to throw our lives away for a cause that is greater than ourselves?

There are a few out there. Cindy Sheehan comes to mind. She is a true patriot. Until enough people are willing to do exactly what Cindy is doing, they will continue to run this government just as they want, not as the people want.

Just something to think on.

Crimson,

I most heartily agree with your sentiments here. While I was reading your post two thoughts came to mind and they were both about videos that I saw within the last couple of weeks. One video was about Chavez in Venezuela ( what an excellent video ) and how he got back his presidency after the right wing ( no doubt aided by the US and the CIA like they usually do ) tried to take over his government. ( a failed coup ) The people who actually elected him stood behind him and got his job back for him. It was like watching a real movie, but it is real life politics.

The other video that came to mind was about 9/11. This is the one with the ladies from New Jersey wanting to know what really happened, through a commission. Bush treated these ladies and the whole process with a lack of respect. I made the mental connection between Cindy Sheehan who you mention. Both peoples were not treated with the respect they demanded. In this 9/11 video by the way it shows how Cheney and Bush refused to be interviewed separately. Interesting? It also shows Bush fumbling with his responses in this video. Again, these are just mental connections that I made while reading your post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:16 am 

that is the danger, and i DO mean danger that we're facing in the u.s. today.

kinda goes right along with the garbage that the bushicons are attempting to push about the terrorist detainees.

social conservatives within the gop like warner, mcain, grahm and powell are making things tough for the bushicons. but the neocon wing of that party wants badly to be able to strip away as many constitutional protections as possible.

the one provision that scares me the most is the one in which they wish to be able to use coercive techniques to obtain evidence against you and then use that same evidence to convict and then sentence you without having to present you any access to that evidence whatsoever.

hitler and the nazis did the very same thing.

but what some people don't realize that these provisions are ALREADY contained in the patriot act. if martial law is ever declared on amereican soil by it's own executive branch the things that the gop rebels are fighting to stop the bushicons from using against detainees NOT on american soil can and WILL be used potentialy against u.s. citizens.

do yourself a favor and go to any search engine and type in some keywords that will pull up the myriad of articles and sites that for now enables you to see what's truely contained in the full provisions of the patriot act..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:29 am 

as for the eveangilical christians that the bushicons covet for support that makes a good point and is probably a good assesment.

the thing that sticks in my craw a little is the fact that i consider myself to be an evangelical christian as well. i'm not the best example of what an evangelical is supposed to represent but i guess i don't worry too much about how i appear in thier eyes.

there are others like me who get a little pissed at the presumption that you can't possibly have a belief system that agrees with mine and NOT belong to or vote along gop lines.

like it's been said many times before, GOD is NOT a republican.

much to thier chagrine, i'm sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:06 pm 

Like InsaneClownPosee said in their latest album (the calm)...
this is the calm before the storm

I believe we're similar to Rome, we use entertainment to keep the people happy
and docile.

If they're not willing to get their lazy ***** off the couch and do something to
earn their freedom, they don't deserve it.

How many forums like this are out there?
How many people post on them?
How many people would it take to keep track of all of them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:11 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quote:

And the biggest question which I have been screaming to any who will listen,

How can we Unite them?

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:15 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:

Quote:
How can we Unite them?

It's funny and almost unbelievable, but I was thrown off the POAC discussion board admin staff because I posted a link to the new Liberals Only forum when it was first starting up. :lol: The owner said I was "recruiting" POAC members away from his board for another board! He'd also gotten mad at lefty because she'd addressed a couple of other issues that needed correcting. Never mind that we're all on the same side!

For some strange reason, quite a few of the discussion board owners are very territorial...guess it has to do with hits and membership and adverts...which boils down to money. Don't look to many of them to unite and pool their resources to help get the truth told about the Bushies. It's unfortunate, but it's true.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:30 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

This would explain a lot.

I have written to a few of the leaders of the blogs attempting to get them to join together. We are not nearly as strong as we could be. Not even remotely close. No answer from any of them.

I hate to say it, but this pisses me off.

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:42 pm 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

You hit that donkey on the head Crimson, right on the head! BRAVO!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:17 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Eagle don't let it bother you. One of the problems is you never know to whom you are really talking to. The internet is a big place and big brother is always out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:33 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

When I am looking around at different discussion boards, I like to see what links are provided. That gives me a clue as to the attitude of the managers, so to speak. I was happy to see that Jesse, the owner of TVNL, had provided links to several:

JESSE'S IMPORTANT SITE LINK

Down at the very bottom of the list, Jesse says this:

Quote:
To have your site listed here please e-mail me at jesse64@nyc.rr.com

So, if you have a site you'd like Jesse to add to the list, send him an email.

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman